• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Brolic and lightweight. Those are two words that have never been in the same sentence before!

Tater Tot

"My God... it's full of Starch!"
Pr today! bent over rows (single arm) with 110 Dbs 6x yeah sonnnnnnnnnnn

Celebrated with a delicious quest bar!

ILoveBish

Down to 239.2 this morning, 2.8lbs away from where I was before I took a break from cutting. I expect no issues surpassing that shortly.

mkenyon

Banned
I'm really struggling to hit my protein macros on my IF diet. Any recommendations for a great tasting protein powder for drinking? Or at least, the least worst tasting? :p

I'm partial to Vanilla, Banana, PB, and things of that nature over Chocolate.

BumRush

Lol yeah, something I'm starting to finally accept. I've got a small frame so it is what it is. I can at least be strong for my size I suppose, so it won't stop me from trying!

With our builds, we look better "ripped" than "huge"

I'm really struggling to hit my protein macros on my IF diet. Any recommendations for a great tasting protein powder for drinking? Or at least, the least worst tasting? :p

Myofusion "Cinnamon Roll" is easily the best tasting protein I've ever had.

GrapeApes

You ever think about egg whites? Tend to just cook some up when I need to hit my numbers.

mkenyon

Banned
You ever think about egg whites? Tend to just cook some up when I need to hit my numbers.
I'm doing my IF from 11:00 AM through 7:00 PM. I gotta do the 7:00 so I can have a proper dinner when I get home.

So, most of what I can consume is stuff I can throw together quickly at work. To complicate it more, I run during my lunch hour, which eats up most of my free time.

manfestival

yesterday was my toughest day since starting my weight loss journey. I wanted to eat chinese food so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I didnt give in but man it was tough

GrapeApes

I'm doing my IF from 11:00 AM through 7:00 PM. I gotta do the 7:00 so I can have a proper dinner when I get home.

So, most of what I can consume is stuff I can throw together quickly at work. To complicate it more, I run during my lunch hour, which eats up most of my free time.
Ah. You can always drink pasteurized egg whites but I'd save that for real macro emergencies.

BumRush

It's expensive but beef jerky?

mkenyon

Banned
It's expensive but beef jerky?
Yeah, right now it's Quest Bars, peanut butter things, nuts, and beef jerky. Nice to have some variety though. I mean, if I've shoved down beef jerkey and quest bars three days in a row, it's hard to want more on that fourth day.

Azulsky

Finally got full ROM squats today. That last few degrees of hip flexion finally happened after much prestretching and attempts to do this for weeks now. Friend still says I need more practice but we getting there. Weight is pitifully light but gotta start somewhere.

Bench form is getting better too, the midway point is still the hardest but seems like whatever stabilizer(s) are really engaged there is starting to work because I was much more stable this week than before.

BumRush

Yeah, right now it's Quest Bars, peanut butter things, nuts, and beef jerky. Nice to have some variety though. I mean, if I've shoved down beef jerkey and quest bars three days in a row, it's hard to want more on that fourth day.

I completely understand. Try the cinnamon roll protein I mentioned. It's honestly amazing. I had to stop buying it because I was eating it 3+ times a day.

Azulsky

That is exactly the form instruction I have been given and practicing. The midway point being the weakest is just an indicator of the triceps being the weak link from what I have been told and reading about. I do accessory exercises after bench so they are improving, just slowly.

Bench press also seems to be the one exercise that everyone knows somebody who has ruined a rotator cuff doing, so Im being careful.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I weighed 189 today. Definitely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. My goal of coming out of this bulk with 3-5 pounds of muscle appears to be a real possibility.

Lads I've noticed that I'm getting a small lump (of what appears to be thick skin) over my vertebrae at the base of my neck. This is from doing squats. When I start squatting I make sure the bar is on my traps but I think it's rolling down on to my vertebrae without me noticing during the course of a set.

It's always biggest the day after a squat and has a slight bruise, but other than that there's no neck pain or anything. Does anyone else get anything similar to this? Apart from it looking unsightly (I hope the damn thing goes away over time), I just don't want to be doing any permanent damage to my neck. Would using a bar cushion fix this or is my form wrong?

N.B. My vertebrae already juts out a bit from bad posture (playing PC MMOs religiously) as a kid, but this thing is adding to something I'd rather not have emphasized.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
WolfForager, maybe you should switch to a low bar squat, where the bar rests more on your rear delts.

back-pain-high-bar-vs-low-bar-squats.jpeg

Azulsky

N.B. My vertebrae already juts out a bit from bad posture (playing PC MMOs religiously) as a kid, but this thing is adding to something I'd rather not have emphasized.

C7 is supposed to do that when you have your head leaning forward. You just shouldnt have your head like that all the time.

C7 is supposed to do that when you have your head leaning forward. You just shouldnt have your head like that all the time.

What do you mean? I try to always walk using the whole "imagine the crown of your head is being pulled by a string" trick. Even still, I can still see the bump when I'm standing at my straightest.

WolfForager, maybe you should switch to a low bar squat, where the bar rests more on your rear delts.

back-pain-high-bar-vs-low-bar-squats.jpeg

I'm pretty sure I am doing a low bar squat :p I'm fairly similar to the second picture anyway, I'll put a bit more scrutiny into the next time I'm squatting, thanks!

Chocobro

I'm pretty sure I am doing a low bar squat :p I'm fairly similar to the second picture anyway, I'll put a bit more scrutiny into the next time I'm squatting, thanks!

Well if you're doing low bar squats, the bar isn't supposed to be on your traps. You said you make sure the bar is on your traps in your original post.

Azulsky

What do you mean? I try to always walk using the whole "imagine the crown of your head is being pulled by a string" trick. Even still, I can still see the bump when I'm standing at my straightest.

If you have correct posture and it still sticks out without hurting its likely just a normal variation. Always can ask a doc when you go for a checkup.

I am doing low bar but that is because I need trap gains, or the pad :(

I got hassled by management in Gold's Gym yesterday for dropping deadlifts.

Never mind that I had to clear a trap bar loaded with 180 left on the pulling stands and an olympic bar loaded with 50 right under it on the floor to set up my deadlift. Two loaded bars left in the deadlift area, OK. Dropping deadlifts, WHOA WHOA WHOA.

If you have correct posture and it still sticks out without hurting its likely just a normal variation. Always can ask a doc when you go for a checkup.

I am doing low bar but that is because I need trap gains, or the pad :(

I always thought my traps were big enough to pull it off, apparently not!

Well if you're doing low bar squats, the bar isn't supposed to be on your traps. You said you make sure the bar is on your traps in your original post.

Valid point! I'll drop the bar lower next time so. Always afraid it'll roll down my back ha.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Valid point! I'll drop the bar lower next time so. Always afraid it'll roll down my back ha.

You don't want to just drop the bar lower. I used to make that mistake and hurt my elbow.

The bar needs to be resting below the spine of the scapula. Resting is key. your hands on the bar shouldn't be supporting it at all, and just serve to balance the weight on your posterior deltoids and back.

I may not be describing this well, I'd recommend the book Starting Strength.

Need some assistance bros.

I need hamstring exercises for people with extremely weak hamstrings. To be honest I'm struggling with some of the ones I've found because for some reason my hamstrings are completely shot.

I guess ideally I'm looking for ones you can start with no weight (or just a bar or something) and then add to.

I need hamstring exercises for people with extremely weak hamstrings. To be honest I'm struggling with some of the ones I've found because for some reason my hamstrings are completely shot.

I guess ideally I'm looking for ones you can start with no weight (or just a bar or something) and then add to.

Squats

I've not tried good mornings, cheers. Stiff leg deadlifts are "interesting" for me as I have hypermobility in my knees which means that rather than going straight, they bend backwards like some sort of freaked out chicken with a barbell.

If your gym got it, the leg curl machine. Its build to specifically target the hamstring.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well guess my 1RM for deadlits is 345 lbs. Was trying for 4 but glad I got 1 rep. Now I'm thinking about changing my program from Canditos 6 week or maybe I'll try another cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom