• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKCBtB8l.jpg

I'm the Darkskin dude on the very end; I'm dead tired as this point...
Post Sprint Training with Coach G. (Personal Trainer) and Coach B. (Track Coach).
Preparing for the Spartan Race Washington, DC July 26.

Trying to get my endurance up after months of pure lifting! ahhhhhh.
German Volume Training has helped.
I need to get in a pool and train too...

You sir are ripped as fuck

You are my new goal physically and I hope you take it as a compliment

Matugi

Low bar gets a lot easier when you have big rear delts to hold the bar, and I say this as a broad shouldered guy.

For me, as a short-legged guy, low bar is a lot harder to keep balance and still get to parallel than high bar. Maybe it's because for all the time I've been lifting I had been doing high bar and decided to try out low bar, but I just find high bar much easier for me to perform, biomechanically

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
You look gigantic Darth! Is that you at 215ish?

Well guys, looks like I will be getting in the single digits. Not by choice but necessity. The short version is my brother in law came up last weekend with a lot of Mary Jane. Fun times ensued and he left. Yesterday I scrape the side of my work truck barely and the supervisor tells me to tell the boss and fill out an incident report which he says is accompanied by a drug test. So awesome! So now I will be eating extra well, hitting cardio, and drinking cranberry juice these next 2 weeks after which I will inform him of the scratch. If he notices it I will have to come clean and ask him to delay the report. He's a great guy and would most likely adhere to my request but it's still stressful as shit. My fault for giving into the temptation but it pisses me off something you do on your own time 2 weeks prior can cause a termination for an event that is completely separate. Oh well.

Well guys, looks like I will be getting in the single digits. Not by choice but necessity. The short version is my brother in law came up last weekend with a lot of Mary Jane. Fun times ensued and he left. Yesterday I scrape the side of my work truck barely and the supervisor tells me to tell the boss and fill out an incident report which he says is accompanied by a drug test. So awesome! So now I will be eating extra well, hitting cardio, and drinking cranberry juice these next 2 weeks after which I will inform him of the scratch. If he notices it I will have to come clean and ask him to delay the report. He's a great guy and would most likely adhere to my request but it's still stressful as shit. My fault for giving into the temptation but it pisses me off something you do on your own time 2 weeks prior can cause a termination for an event that is completely separate. Oh well.

Shave your head and try to keep your stress levels down, extra cortisol means you retain more (bong) water.

Leeness

eat day here and there to keep you sane. I do have them once in a while for special occasions (like yesterday we were celebrating my little sister's birthday and the day in the capital was my gift for her).

Sweetie, you need your sleep! Hopefully you are able to get some rest.

I have a cheatish day most weekends lol. I go home for my parents for dinner and end up eating like a hog ._. I need to get stronger at resisting.

3 nights now...I feel like dying. I haven't slept since Saturday night now. I'm still going to try to work out tonight when I get home. :'(

Pete Rock

Ugh I hate that bullshit, nobody should have the right to demand a seizure and search of your body fluids. Technically they don't.

Unless you are on probation or have otherwise run afoul of the law, I am fairly certain it is illegal for the administering parties to directly observe you during the process of providing the urine sample.

So bring some other persons clean urine or buy synthetic urine and dump it into their stupid "sample container" when they close the bathroom door behind you.

Not worth the stress of beating yourself up until you get the results back simply over choosing to enjoy yourself by partaking with your family in one of the 48 states where it is still illegal.

Mr. G: In the Sixties Timothy Leary, like many activists, was sure that marijuana would be legalized in a couple of years. It is now thirty years later and the weed is still illegal. Why do you think this is the case?

RAW: We have about 1,500,000 people in prison for marijuana offenses and an estimated 65,000,000 pot-heads who ain't been caught yet. Calculate how many people's yearly earnings depend on maintaining this system – the cops, the sheriffs, the DEA, the defense attorneys, the prosecutors, the social workers, the prison guards, the contractors who build new prisons, the architects etc. plus the labs who do the urine tests, the nurses who administer, the chemists etc etc. If you add to this the amount of graft in this system, as shown by the recent Los Angeles and other investigations, you'll probably agree with the estimate that this black market is worth billions, not millions, per month. That's a mighty big vested interest opposed to a free market.
The only way the gov­er­nment has any chance at all of win­ning is to estab­lish a total­i­tar­i­an­ism wack­ier and more total than Orwell’s 1984. We’ve already got the ‘Piss Police’ which is some­thing that Orwell didn’t even dream of. Even Franz Kafka couldn’t imag­ine a soci­ety so crazy that you have to give urine sam­ples before you can hold a job! There’s no way of win­ning with­out total­i­tar­i­an­ism far beyond any­thing ever prac­ticed by Hitler or Stalin or imag­ined by the wildest satirist. That’s the only way they can win. And that costs too damned much money. The peo­ple who are run­ning it, they’re not try­ing to win. They know they can’t win; they just want to keep the war going because it makes money for everyone.

Ugh I hate that bullshit, nobody should have the right to demand a seizure and search of your body fluids. Technically they don't.

Unless you are on probation or have otherwise run afoul of the law, I am fairly certain it is illegal for the administering parties to directly observe you during the process of providing the urine sample.

So bring some other persons clean urine or buy synthetic urine and dump it into their stupid "sample container" when they close the bathroom door behind you.

Not worth the stress of beating yourself up until you get the results back simply over choosing to enjoy yourself by partaking with your family in one of the 48 states where it is still illegal.

?

I think you posted in the wrong thread dude.

Pete Rock

Yeah, who is stoned as fuck now, HUH BUDDY? Pee in this jar for me to prove otherwise! LOL (not making light of the situation, I understand it seriously sucks)

Edit: Before I gym today, I'm going to do an extra dab for my homies who are temporarily disbarred from the game :(

CAGovSmoke2010-09-25at428.jpg

After gym too! Awww yeee Wednesday, good enough reason as any!

I realized i was squatting too wide and that is why my knees felt too sore. I closed it a bit and it's much better to do squats and no soreness when doing them in the end.

Pakoe

What gets me.mad is when someone says "hey what you taking? Steroids" I'm.not even as big as I used to be before I got injured; but people still say that and it makes me upset.

I see those comments as compliments.

Here's a recent pic of me, few days old. Lighting was alright so I took a snap. Before anyone says anything. It was 4 AM on a Sunday and the gym was completely empty. :)

I still have 8 weeks of cutting left, yes 8 weeks. In which I have set to lose about 15 lbs depending on BF%. I'm already seeing a lot of my cuts returning, especially in my shoulders and arms.

I'm most excited to get back all my chest cuts though.

Anyway, from the way things are progressing I think I've put on about 6-8 lbs of lean mass, but we'll see how true that is when I reach the end of my cut and get my BF measured.

8 weeks is a long ass time man, i did 3 months and was exhausted at the end. Good luck.

People don't talk to me in the gym, but I'm sure they assume I'm on steroids because I have a slight case of Gynecomastia (enlargement of breast tissue)... might get corrective surgery, but I don't mind it that much, plus I got use to it, plus some people like it.

You're not alone, i have it in my left chest.

What kind of music do you guys listen to in the gym? I know there's allot of people lifting with metal.
Personally my gym plays top 40 music so i can't lift without my phone. Lifting with hardstye/hardcore on just gives me extra energy it seems.

Sadetar

I didn't have time to do anything else but to go to work (which will suck the whole week since two people are sick and all the extra work just basicly falls on my shoulders) and meet my friend who dyed my hair (which was extremely nice of her and her company is always smashing). But yeah, it is over midnight and I can't anyways go working out and sweat or the hair colour will be all over the place. Oh well, tomorrow is a nordic walk day and Friday I will work my ass off at the gym, can't wait. :p

Made those Sriracha chicken nuggets (I made strips really) from the ProteinChef's recipe. I think FallingEdge posted it originally so thanks brag!

Before:

After:

Super delicious.
Those look heavenly good. :p Are they hard to make?

Team Jones, looking epic!

Here's a recent pic of me, few days old. Lighting was alright so I took a snap. Before anyone says anything. It was 4 AM on a Sunday and the gym was completely empty. :)

I still have 8 weeks of cutting left, yes 8 weeks. In which I have set to lose about 15 lbs depending on BF%. I'm already seeing a lot of my cuts returning, especially in my shoulders and arms.

I'm most excited to get back all my chest cuts though.

Anyway, from the way things are progressing I think I've put on about 6-8 lbs of lean mass, but we'll see how true that is when I reach the end of my cut and get my BF measured.
That facial hair really looks good on you!
And you are anyways one of the best looking lads I know. Attaboy.
I can't wait to see the end results. :p

I have a cheatish day most weekends lol. I go home for my parents for dinner and end up eating like a hog ._. I need to get stronger at resisting.

3 nights now...I feel like dying. I haven't slept since Saturday night now. I'm still going to try to work out tonight when I get home. :'(
Well, I have very little to resist since I don't go out and I bring my own lunch to work. :p I just need to stick with my grocery list when I am buying food. Also if I really want something extra delicious, I go with a Quest bar or some extra coconut flakes on my quarn. :D

Why can't you sleep cutie pie?

What kind of music do you guys listen to in the gym? I know there's allot of people lifting with metal.
Personally my gym plays top 40 music so i can't lift without my phone. Lifting with hardstye/hardcore on just gives me extra energy it seems.

Usually I put on some 90s-00s hip hop or some modern ignorant trap shit if I'm feeling ratchet

Tried lifting to EDM and it just didn't feel right

deadbeef

Well, I have tennis elbow. Got some prescription anti-inflammatory drugs and some rehab exercises to perform. I guess I'll continue my squats and GM workouts for the foreseeable future

Matugi

I've got an entire workout playlist. Mostly rap. Some Waka, Weezy, Yeezy, etc. Really been bumping to Buy the World and No Mediocre lately.

blackflag

What gets me.mad is when someone says "hey what you taking? Steroids" I'm.not even as big as I used to be before I got injured; but people still say that and it makes me upset.

It's funny to me because i'm huge and no one has ever said that to me in my life.

I may just be too scary to talk to.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here frequently front squat? I recall someone did but I am forgetting who. I want to post a form check next time I front squat.

The olympic lifter with the awesome home gym! I can't recall his user name at the moment.

On the topic of music, I hope we can all agree that playing country music or ballads in a commercial gym should be outlawed.

J. Bravo

It's funny to me because i'm huge and no one has ever said that to me in my life.

I may just be too scary to talk to.
Aren't you prescribed hgh or test? I thought you said you were at one point. I wish I was big enough to straight up say "I'm huge" though haha so you're doing something right.

Hey guys, my left shoulder is rounded and I was hoping you guys would have some stretches on how to remedy the situation. Thanks in advance.

J. Bravo

Hey guys, my left shoulder is rounded and I was hoping you guys would have some stretches on how to remedy the situation. Thanks in advance.

band pull aparts and facepulls. rows. lots of back. at least if you're talking about what i think you're talking about.

-

i finished day 2 of smolov today and it wasn't bad at all. once again almost passed out after the last set though. even with the super sore legs i made it through the 5x7x250. naps and chipotle are a godsend so far.

Shoulder rounding is caused by a weak back as much as a tight chest.do the exercises the previous poster named along with chest stretches.

Chocobro

The olympic lifter with the awesome home gym! I can't recall his user name at the moment.

On the topic of music, I hope we can all agree that playing country music or ballads in a commercial gym should be outlawed.

Ajanitor?
Anyone here frequently front squat? I recall someone did but I am forgetting who. I want to post a form check next time I front squat.
I did them for about two weeks before taking a month plus break. I would like to think I'm good at it. I could also link you some YouTube videos on front squats.
I say that I would like to think I'm good at them because I high-bar back squat and the load is anterior loaded in the front squat instead of posterior loaded in the back squat., they're almost the same to me except how I hold the barbell obviously.

Leeness

Well, I have very little to resist since I don't go out and I bring my own lunch to work. :p I just need to stick with my grocery list when I am buying food. Also if I really want something extra delicious, I go with a Quest bar or some extra coconut flakes on my quarn. :D

Why can't you sleep cutie pie?

That's same with me, don't go out and bring my own lunch. Haha. I need to get some flaked coconut for things. It's good on everything.

It's too hot. So either I am way too hot and don't sleep, or I have a fan on and am cool, but the noise of the fan keeps me up. Either way, I'm screwed.

And I just can't work out today. I'm exhausted, I feel like I'm getting the flu (even though I know it's only exhaustion) and I just want to curl up and die.

J. Bravo

That's same with me, don't go out and bring my own lunch. Haha. I need to get some flaked coconut for things. It's good on everything.

It's too hot. So either I am way too hot and don't sleep, or I have a fan on and am cool, but the noise of the fan keeps me up. Either way, I'm screwed.

And I just can't work out today. I'm exhausted, I feel like I'm getting the flu (even though I know it's only exhaustion) and I just want to curl up and die.
Take Ambien.

Or turn your ac up (down?).

blackflag

Aren't you prescribed hgh or test? I thought you said you were at one point. I wish I was big enough to straight up say "I'm huge" though haha so you're doing something right.

Yeah i am. Definitely not natty. I just thought it was funny cuz no ones ever asked or accused.

Teggy

I'm that weird lone guy in the gym without headphones in. I've tried at times with an armband for my phone but I usually get annoyed by the headphone cord. This means I hear a lot of crappy music played over the house speakers.

I'm that weird lone guy in the gym without headphones in. I've tried at times with an armband for my phone but I usually get annoyed by the headphone cord. This means I hear a lot of crappy music played over the house speakers.

That was me for the longest time until I got a smartphone. Now I put my smartphone in my pocket and run my earbud cord up inside my shirt, wrapping the excess cord around my phone. Keeps the cord from dangling and getting caught on shit since my shirt is over it.

Bowser

iPod Shuffle clipped to my shorts plus Apple Earbuds run up under your workout shirt.

Perfect for working out.

Teggy

By the way, have you guys seen the Ninja Warrior thread? Talk about functional strength... Anyone (man or woman) who has ever given the excuse that they don't want to work out because they'll "get bulky" should be forced to watch that video.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Not that I condone drug use, but I'm not here to judge either; I hear niacin tablets help clear you out too.

I have it on good word that Brolic listens exclusively to Mozart during his workouts.

That's not a terrible idea.

I bet Brolic listens to some hardcore metal before deadlifting 2 Corollas in weight

Whatever is on the gym radio actually. That or some rob bailey/hustle standard. Usually it's some kill switch engage, stained or any other rock band.

I'm not really a fan of a lot of hard core/metal. Pantera, and a few other bands withstanding.

http://youtu.be/Ue_KQpu7URI

http://youtu.be/kocF9FN_LKs

sphinx

the piano man
That's not a terrible idea

as someone very near to classical music, I don't know if it's because I relate it with "job" but I just can't listen to any of it during workout, Classical music often lacks a constant rhythm and then at times it is super loud and then very quiet or way too happy or too sad, too much extremes there.

a year ago I used to workout out to pop ballads by Mariah or Celine Dion:S hahaha, weird, I could never go back to that again.

I remember having a couple of religious experiences with this ZREO arrangement of Link vs Ganondorf final battle in Ocarina of Time. If you are inspired, it's hands down the most perfect music to break PRs. You can feel how you are engulfed in fire as you listen to it, ready to destroy the gym, Jean Gray/Dark Phoenix-in-Xmen-3 style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK7Rk0vgtzQ (from second 14 on)

Also if I really want something extra delicious, I go with a Quest bar or some extra coconut flakes on my quarn.

Are you still using iHerb to order Quest bars? I started my cut this week and was planning to stock up on Quest bars and been wondering where should I order from. Verkkokauppa has them for €31,90 (12-pack) at the moment which ain't that bad but how much those iHerb orders to Finland end up costing?..

Did the whole Fage / Total + Protein powder thing last night. Wasn't bad, but I think I need a protein powder with a bit less flavour as it was fairly overpowering. Maybe just go for a standard vanilla to use with that.

Sadetar

Are you still using iHerb to order Quest bars? I started my cut this week and was planning to stock up on Quest bars and been wondering where should I order from. Verkkokauppa has them for €31,90 (12-pack) at the moment which ain't that bad but how much those iHerb orders to Finland end up costing?..
I sent you a private message with more information about ordering from iHerb. If you have any more questions just hit me up with a message. :p (Also if you didn't understand a word of my long ass Finnish text just tell me so.) :D

Oh, coconut is so delicious. :p Go get it!

Aww, it sucks if it is too hot. I thought that in US everyone has like smashing air conditiong system, but it seems that isn't the case. Can you buy a quieter fan?

keezy

Is anybody going to Masters Nationals tomorrow? I'm heading down to Pittsburgh tonight. My training partner is the 2013 Mr. Michigan and he's going to be competing in that show. Pretty excited to go. Hopefully I can meet John Meadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom