• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT7| #Swelfies, Trap Lords, and Quadzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadetar

Lost like 5 pounds in the last two weeks. I haven't been eating as much. Feeling good though.
UrumGqM.png
Haha lol it was kind of the point ;)
Oh my gods, oh my gods, OH MY GODS!!!!
attachment.php

I so blame solely you for not being able to do anything (other than drool) at work anymore today.
Marry me?

Hey now! You're going to send Sadetar into a coma!
Hahahahah, oh, you know it! ;)

Not enough body hair I reckon. Someone photoshop some in.
FitGAF thread just make me always look like a total lunatic who laughs alone at work. I love it! <3

This whole discussion have been just golden and it has definitely made my working day oh so much better in numerous different levels. :p

Also loved that absolutely professional photoshop version of it!

Dat package....the briefs can barely hold the girth
;)

Glad you're feeling better! :D I felt better today too, did 70 minute strength yoga. Tomorrow will be strength circuit with some-ish 10lbs weights (looooooool).

Got home late tonight though so all I did was yoga, dinner, sleep lol. Working for lawyers that keep me an hour late! Haha.

Keep going <3
Oh sweetie, I am so proud of you! You have been working extra hard! Attagirl!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
If I don't complete all my reps because the weights were slightly too heavy, would it be a good idea to take a weight that's like 70-80% of my max with slightly higher reps, say doing 8-10 reps? Or would that be counterproductive?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Damn your bench, haha!

I'm struggling with 140 on 5x5 and I've been slowly progressing for about a year now :/

Such an uncomfortable lift for me.
What is uncomfortable about it? I find, and this is probably specific to my body, that it is uncomfortable in the shoulders if I let the bar touch my chest at nipple level, I have to let it touch around the bottom of the pecs/top of the abs. Elbows tucked in, back arched, shoulder blades pinched together.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Increased bench press by 5 lbs yesterday. Now I'm at 215 lbs for 5 reps. Wife said my right pec trembles more than my left. Also notice my right pec was much harder so it looks like it's underdeveloped (?) compared to the left. Are db presses the solution?

There have been a lot of posts lately in this thread and in the progress thread, of people wanting another person's physique. I know most are compliments, but really there are no secrets to achieving anything. You just need to work hard and eat well.

Secondly I really really really dislike the idea of people seeking to obtain another person's body. It's just not the right mindset to have.

SeanR1221

Hahahaha

I think I hit a pb? on pendlay rows, 286x10, haven't kept track over the years. Did 100+ reps of rows with 242-286. I just like doing volume with these, I feel I get stronger later in my sets.

Obligatory selfie. Work and this humidity sucks, I'm drinking 6-8L of water everyday plus 2L of milk. I pour sweat all day long, luckily I'm maintaining 205, for now :/

Yeah, I pulled 615 a month or so ago. And yeah, I was setting a baseline for front squat.

Hoping to hit 620 dead, 425 bench and 480 squat in august which will end 5 years training.

Here's the 615 pull.

http://youtu.be/UC6iDiDRA4g

You two guys are just the epitome of hugeness and strength. Looking great MTP and awesome job Brolic.

Welcome back, man!!!

Happy to be back! I can lift about as much as your boy right now :p

There have been a lot of posts lately in this thread and in the progress thread, of people wanting another person's physique. I know most are compliments, but really there are no secrets to achieving anything. You just need to work hard and eat well.

Secondly I really really really dislike the idea of people seeking to obtain another person's body. It's just not the right mindset to have.

I agree with this 110%. We all have different body types/genetics, but everyone that's consistent has made great progress in his or her own way.

Comparing yourself to others could be a recipe for failure when you don't hit that goal.

But being the best possible "you" that you can be? That's the way to go IMO.

Zero2kz

I entirely agree with this. It can quickly become unhealthy comparing yourself to everyone.

The only comparison I do is to January 2013 Zero2kz. I am motivated to NEVER look like that man again.

Bailey 87

I understand that but I want to know what he eats and how he works out :p I've been doing SS for quite a while now and I want to switch it up and try something new

CrankyJay

Banned
Anyone have a really stiff lower back after doing squats? Obviously I feel I'm doing something wrong, or my core isn't strong enough.

(also did some lower back hyperextensions yesterday)

I understand that but I want to know what he eats and how he works out :p I've been doing SS for quite a while now and I want to switch it up and try something new
My post wasn't solely directed at yours just a common theme I see from people relatively new to this thread. This coupled with the posts of pictures of models/athletes and asking how to attain those physiques.

It's not bad. It's valid to ask for advice and borrow from others. This is how you learn what works for you.

There are so many different variables involved in someone having whatever physique or fitness level.

There are also so many pathways to achieving whatever goal.

If those principles aren't understood then you really shouldn't be trying to be someone else. Not to mention it encourages you to learn what works for YOU and allows you to design your fitness/health lifestyle after yourself which is far more valuable knowledge.

At least that's how I feel. Prior to a year ago I had made all of my progress figuring out everything on my own, aside from learning the basics from a friend at the start of my journey. About 2 years ago I decided to get a trainer to prep for a bodybuilding show and the results I got were the same as I had been getting on my own. I didn't really need the outside help as I had already well figured out what works best for me over the previous few years of training.

ILoveBish

Brolic, I noticed you no longer wear a belt during bench press. Any particular reason? I've only used belt once and with deadlift, it felt incredible, I just keep forgetting to bring the damn thing with me to the gym. I have it wrapped around my gym bag now tho.

Bailey 87

My post wasn't solely directed at yours just a common theme I see from people relatively new to this thread. This coupled with the posts of pictures of models/athletes and asking how to attain those physiques.

It's not bad. It's valid to ask for advice and borrow from others. This is how you learn what works for you.

There are so many different variables involved in someone having whatever physique or fitness level.

There are also so many pathways to achieving whatever goal.

If those principles aren't understood then you really shouldn't be trying to be someone else. Not to mention it encourages you to learn what works for YOU and allows you to design your fitness/health lifestyle after yourself which is far more valuable knowledge.

At least that's how I feel. Prior to a year ago I had made all of my progress figuring out everything on my own, aside from learning the basics from a friend at the start of my journey. About 2 years ago I decided to get a trainer to prep for a bodybuilding show and the results I got were the same as I had been getting on my own. I didn't really need the outside help as I had already well figured out what works best for me over the previous few years of training.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it, I guess me asking for your leg workout regime is out the question :p

The reason I've been asking people is because I've been working out on and off for 8 years and I'm happy with where my body is but for the amount of years I've put in I feel I should be bigger more toned etc. Maybe it's time I stop doing SS and find a new workout regime.

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it, I guess me asking for your leg workout regime is out the question :p

The reason I've been asking people is because I've been working out on and off for 8 years and I'm happy with where my body is but for the amount of years I've put in I feel I should be bigger more toned etc. Maybe it's time I stop doing SS and find a new workout regime.
Hah, I wouldn't hand out leg adivce. I don't train legs like anyone else here. I never do heavy squats, I always do frowned upon exercises (leg press, extensions, curls) and I never really push myself. My legs are mostly a product of genetics and being fat most of my life, not hard work I think.

I like never list my routine here because it's god awful, but it works for me and gets me the results I want. I may try new things here and there based on what I read here or advice I get from others, but for the most part I do my own thing. I actually do face pulls now only because of this thread, lol.

Also yeah, for sure I would look into changing up your routine from SS if you've been on it for that long.

Really though I would make sure to check that your diet is on point for your goals and that you're pushing yourself every day. It's not just following a program, but make sure you are encouraging yourself to meet goals every week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Possible gout is gone, I can walk normally again! My calves have been fucked from my limping. DOMS like I couldn't remember.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Good lord, that's some inhuman ass strength lol.
Fucking amazing.

Thanks man, I was pretty happy with it, I really wish my camera hadn't fallen over when I hit 555 for a triple.

What a beastly lift.

315 is difficult for me now. I can't imagine how 615 feels, shit.

It feels like everything in your body yelling at you to quit.

Shit, warming up to that feels like that at 555+.

I want to thank Brolic for suggesting rear delt destroyers a while ago. What a monster puuuuuump!

I love them and because of them I have pretty massive rear delts.

Go_Ly_Dow

Tuna in rice with a table spoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and chilli flakes has quickly become my fav post workout meal.

Literally takes 5mins to prepare from scratch.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Brolic, I noticed you no longer wear a belt during bench press. Any particular reason? I've only used belt once and with deadlift, it felt incredible, I just keep forgetting to bring the damn thing with me to the gym. I have it wrapped around my gym bag now tho.

Same reason I loosened it during squats. It was getting in the way. I might bring it back, albeit loosened, but for the time being I feel much stronger and stable without it.

RoeBear

Oh my gods, oh my gods, OH MY GODS!!!!
attachment.php

I so blame solely you for not being able to do anything (other than drool) at work anymore today.
Marry me?

Also loved that absolutely professional photoshop version of it!

It made my day.
Hahaha. Thanks :)
I am single... lol

Loved the photo shop!

I mean mainly just work on being the best you are able to be but, beside that I think it's fine. There really is no secret though. As I said in the progress thread I've worked out since high school only getting really serious in college.
I do about four or five exercises for different body groups. I have been splitting my leg workout focusing on quads one day and hams another. I don't normally count reps just get to 12 then try and get a few more. So 5-6 days on a week.
I eat most of my meals at home, although I eat food out like pei wei and chick fil a. Just eating normal healthy things that everyone else here talks about eating and such. I still haven't started doing cardio because I'd rather play tennis but no one ever wants to play.

Agreed, spend every day of every week trying to better yourself and you'll go far.

So I'm kicking up the final month or so of my current cut. Not much is changing just upping the HIIT from once a week to twice a week.

I'm headed to NYC in September so gotta look good for the boys!

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hey, kinda new here, if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a complete novice at this...

I wanna get isopure whey protein (fitness pal reccommends I do 60 grams of protein a day and 150 carbs a day). Have any recommendations? I just plan to go to a GNC and just get a random one that's okay on my budget if I don't have an idea.

Also, what's creatine? I hear people usually take it after workouts but since I don't know whether it would count as a protein or carb, I wouldn't know how much of it I would need to add to my shake post workout.

Lastly, how should I separate my protein? 3 shakes a day? I plan to workout 5 days a week for an hour, 3 cardio and 2 lifting to lose some weight.

Any help would make my day...

Piecake

Jesus, I now know the secret to weight loss. A High protein diet. I mean, man, I had to stuff myself to even get to below maintenance calories. Its going to be interesting today to see if I get above maintenance,

Sleep went okay. Went to bed at 11pm because I had to do some stuff (poor excuse). Hopefully will get that to 1030 consistently.

Pete Rock

Hey, kinda new here, if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm a complete novice at this...
60P/150C sounds like a weird balance to me. I would shoot for 0.75-1g per lb of body weight and go from there. Assuming you weigh 120 lbs or more 60 is way too low and the carb count is too high.

I think it is more important to eat a clean diet with good varied protein sources (animal protein, beans, quinoa, cashews/almonds, etc) than to attempt to fill the majority of that requirement with X amount of 20g shakes. Eponysterically (now that I read your username) baked sweet potatoes (yams) are my favorite carb source EVER. 5 lbs a week down the hatch, awww yeee.

I only drink 1 shake after working out and that is in the steam room. It has some creatine in it and sometimes I do a pwo of C4 which has a little bit as well. Other than that I have a casein shake at night before I go to bed at 10pm, so that's only 40g of protein in shakes. Technically more because I use 16oz of whole milk for each, but I drink a lot of milk anyways.

I would suggest skipping GNC and ordering on Amazon instead, I dislike their sales tactics and their coupons and basically everything about dealing with their bullshit. Not only will you save money but you get to avoid the predatory middle man most of the time. Literally every time you feel you got a "deal" at GNC by being a member and buying into their promotions it basically equates to the list price on Amazon, and the seller listings are usually ~3/5$ cheaper than that. Granted this is taking into consideration free shipping with a Prime membership rather than spending +~4$ per item for shipping when you order otherwise.

I would also suggest Starting Strength from the OP, so lift 3x per week (M/W/F) and do your cardio 2x per week (T/TH) until you no longer can and you need those days for full on rest.

Jesus, I now know the secret to weight loss. A High protein diet. I mean, man, I had to stuff myself to even get to below maintenance calories. Its going to be interesting today to see if I get above maintenance
High Fat, High/Moderate Protein, Low Carb forevaaaaa

agrajag

Banned
I love them and because of them I have pretty massive rear delts.

If it's not too much trouble, what's the weight/rep scheme look like for a beast like you with those? Just want to see if I'm going in the right direction.

I still haven't started doing cardio because I'd rather play tennis but no one ever wants to play.

I'll play tennis with you! No one ever wants to play tennis with me either. :(

No. And I do mine in the pec deck. I have my own version.

Oh. Interesting. I like using the pec deck for rear delt flyes, but it's never occurred to do the destroyers that way. I'll give it a shot next time.

Go_Ly_Dow

That sounds amazing actually

Its not actually has strong as it sounds either.

With microwaveable rice its a cinch and literally 5 mins cook and prep.

Haven't done it myself but for a bit more kick I reckon a squeeze of lemon would do the trick and if you have some the try some spring onions too.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
60P/150C sounds like a weird balance to me. I would shoot for 0.75-1g per lb of body weight and go from there. Assuming you weigh 120 lbs or more 60 is way too low and the carb count is too high.

I think it is more important to eat a clean diet with good varied protein sources (animal protein, beans, quinoa, cashews/almonds, etc) than to attempt to fill the majority of that requirement with X amount of 20g shakes. Eponysterically (now that I read your username) baked sweet potatoes (yams) are my favorite carb source EVER. 5 lbs a week down the hatch, awww yeee.

I only drink 1 shake after working out and that is in the steam room. It has some creatine in it and sometimes I do a pwo of C4 which has a little bit as well. Other than that I have a casein shake at night before I go to bed at 10pm, so that's only 40g of protein in shakes. Technically more because I use 16oz of whole milk for each, but I drink a lot of milk anyways.

I would suggest skipping GNC and ordering on Amazon instead, I dislike their sales tactics and their coupons and basically everything about dealing with their bullshit. Not only will you save money but you get to avoid the predatory middle man most of the time. Literally every time you feel you got a "deal" at GNC by being a member and buying into their promotions it basically equates to the list price on Amazon, and the seller listings are usually ~3/5$ cheaper than that. Granted this is taking into consideration free shipping with a Prime membership rather than spending +~4$ per item for shipping when you order otherwise.

I would also suggest Starting Strength from the OP, so lift 3x per week (M/W/F) and do your cardio 2x per week (T/TH) until you no longer can and you need those days for full on rest.

150 g - 200 g of protein since I weigh 200 pounds right now (used to weigh 165 when I was in shape) if I got that right... How would calculate carbs to take in? Also yah, amazon is the way to go. I got multi-vitamins, whey protein, creatine, turmeric curcumin, omega 3 fish oils and a blender bottle. Racks up to $155, if anyone would recommend anything to be taken off from the list? I'm pretty set on getting this to be brought on Monday and start that day!

agrajag

Banned
Its not actually has strong as it sounds either.

With microwaveable rice its a cinch and literally 5 mins cook and prep.

Haven't done it myself but for a bit more kick I reckon a squeeze of lemon would do the trick and if you have some the try some spring onions too.

I've done the rice and tuna with olive oil, pretty tasty. I've also used mayo, like a tuna salad with rice.

Bowser

I wanna get isopure whey protein (fitness pal reccommends I do 60 grams of protein a day and 150 carbs a day). Have any recommendations? I just plan to go to a GNC and just get a random one that's okay on my budget if I don't have an idea.

Also, what's creatine? I hear people usually take it after workouts but since I don't know whether it would count as a protein or carb, I wouldn't know how much of it I would need to add to my shake post workout.

Lastly, how should I separate my protein? 3 shakes a day? I plan to workout 5 days a week for an hour, 3 cardio and 2 lifting to lose some weight.

Any help would make my day...

Pete Rock has you on the right track. 60g protein is way too low period, I don't know how your MFP came up with that. I'm a fan of High Fat, High/Moderate Protein, Low Carb diets. Doesn't have to be ultra low-carb/keto either. But yeah, shoot for 1g/lb bodyweight (or 0.8-1.2g/lb of lean body mass [bodyweight - fat mass]), set a carb target (generically speaking a low carb diet can be anywhere from as low as 20-30g to ~125-150g), and fill the rest of your calories with fat. Make sure you calculate your TDEE so you know the right amount of calories you should be eating (you can use http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ to figure this out). If you have a normal desk job, just leave your activity level as sedentary and add on 200 or so calories for days you workout.

You can usually hit your protein targets with whole foods. For example, I try to get ~120g of protein a day, and I only have one whey shake per day. I get the rest of my protein from eggs, lean meats (grilled chicken, roasted turkey, jerky, etc.), cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, etc.

Creatine is a supplement that helps build muscle and aid in increasing ATP (mildly) - basically it gives you a little boost of energy to squeeze out that last rep or two in your workout. Timing is inconsequential, although I usually take it with my post-workout shake. Just get your 5g a day in. It's not a macro (protein/carb/fat), no calories.

150 g - 200 g of protein since I weigh 200 pounds right now (used to weigh 165 when I was in shape) if I got that right... How would calculate carbs to take in? Also yah, amazon is the way to go. I got multi-vitamins, whey protein, creatine, turmeric curcumin, omega 3 fish oils and a blender bottle. Racks up to $155, if anyone would recommend anything to be taken off from the list? I'm pretty set on getting this to be brought on Monday and start that day!

Don't know what that is, rest looks fine. For whey, I recommend ON 100% Gold Standard Whey (best bang for buck in terms of taste). Double Rich Chocolate or Mocha Cappuccino are both great.

Welp, past the one month mark on the SS/new diet.

-SS is seriously one of the best/worst feelings in these early goings. You're doing your PR every single time out, and while it feels good to keep going up in weight, shit is a struggle.

-Deadlifts have scrapped the FUCK out of me shins. I need some long-ass socks like AlienShogun has.

-I aim for about 2500 cal a day, at least 160g protein, try to watch the carbs, lot of lean meats like chicken, beef patties, fish, ham/turkey sandwiches, big burritos without the rice, nuts, peanut butter, that kind of thing. I wish I liked eggs, but that shit is so scust my nigga...

-I'm learning to enjoy greek yogurt. Some granola and some honey go a long way.

-I am gaining weight, I feel stronger, and I don't get DOMS nearly as intense as the first week. I add some fiber-one shit to my water like an old man, keeps me from getting constipated.

-so far so good?

Bowser

Welp, past the one month mark on the SS/new diet.

-SS is seriously one of the best/worst feelings in these early goings. You're doing your PR every single time out, and while it feels good to keep going up in weight, shit is a struggle.

-Deadlifts have scrapped the FUCK out of me shins. I need some long-ass socks like AlienShogun has.

-I aim for about 2500 cal a day, at least 160g protein, try to watch the carbs, lot of lean meats like chicken, beef patties, fish, ham/turkey sandwiches, big burritos without the rice, nuts, peanut butter, that kind of thing. I wish I liked eggs, but that shit is so scust my nigga...

-I'm learning to enjoy greek yogurt. Some granola and some honey go a long way.

-I am gaining weight, I feel stronger, and I don't get DOMS nearly as intense as the first week. I add some fiber-one shit to my water like an old man, keeps me from getting constipated.

-so far so good?

You seeing any changes in the mirror/scale?

How can you not like eggs o_O

I like to swirl peanut butter into my greek yogurt and throw some cinnamon or nutmeg on top (and granola when I'm not on ultra low-carb). Makes it taste like dessert.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Pete Rock has you on the right track. 60g protein is way too low period, I don't know how your MFP came up with that. I'm a fan of High Fat, High/Moderate Protein, Low Carb diets. Doesn't have to be ultra low-carb/keto either. But yeah, shoot for 1g/lb bodyweight (or 0.8-1.2g/lb of lean body mass [bodyweight - fat mass]), set a carb target (generically speaking a low carb diet can be anywhere from as low as 20-30g to ~125-150g), and fill the rest of your calories with fat. Make sure you calculate your TDEE so you know the right amount of calories you should be eating (you can use http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ to figure this out). If you have a normal desk job, just leave your activity level as sedentary and add on 200 or so calories for days you workout.

You can usually hit your protein targets with whole foods. For example, I try to get ~120g of protein a day, and I only have one whey shake per day. I get the rest of my protein from eggs, lean meats (grilled chicken, roasted turkey, jerky, etc.), cheese, greek yogurt, nuts, peanut butter, etc.

Creatine is a supplement that helps build muscle and aid in increasing ATP (mildly) - basically it gives you a little boost of energy to squeeze out that last rep or two in your workout. Timing is inconsequential, although I usually take it with my post-workout shake. Just get your 5g a day in. It's not a macro (protein/carb/fat), no calories.

Don't know what that is, rest looks fine. For whey, I recommend ON 100% Gold Standard Whey (best bang for buck in terms of taste). Double Rich Chocolate or Mocha Cappuccino are both great.

My goal is to reach 170 pounds so I can be lean with a bit of muscle (not too much for now). My TDEE is 2318, so I need to basically eat more, on rest days I take in ~1600 and on workout days I take in ~2100. Says I need 800 calories from proteins in both.

My last issue now is knowing how much I actually need to burn in my workout sessions... Any ideas? I just must stick to burning 600-800 in cardio and do what's in the OP, can't guarantee that I'll be able to do chin/pull ups anytime soon...

Thanks for the Gold Standard Whey, if they have Vanilla flavor, I am so in and they do have it!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
If I don't complete all my reps because the weights were slightly too heavy, would it be a good idea to take a weight that's like 70-80% of my max with slightly higher reps, say doing 8-10 reps? Or would that be counterproductive?

Anyone?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

What I usually hear is lift till you can't lift anymore basically but it depends what workout it is though... If you're at your max and can't do it anymore, then leave that as it is and get ready for the next set. I wouldn't recommend increasing weights until you're able to lift that weight convincingly. Anyone can correct me on this since I'm still learning.

You seeing any changes in the mirror/scale?

How can you not like eggs o_O

I like to swirl peanut butter into my greek yogurt and throw some cinnamon or nutmeg on top (and granola when I'm not on ultra low-carb). Makes it taste like dessert.
+1 to eggs.

You can also mix whey in your greek yogurt as well. I did that the other day and it was tasty.

I just hate everything about eggs man, the smell, the texture, the way the taste hangs in your mouth afterwards, ugh. Its too bad cuz they're such a great source of protein/calories, but I just gotta substitute it with something else.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I just hate everything about eggs man, the smell, the texture, the way the taste hangs in your mouth afterwards, ugh. Its too bad cuz they're such a great source of protein/calories, but I just gotta substitute it with something else.

Really? I hate eggs too but when I season scrambled eggs a bit with salt and pepper and throw some greens in it (baby green onions, chives, etc.) it is so delicious!

You're totally fine, you can't eat a diet of shit you hate.

I feel the same way about beans and cottage cheese.

I actually can't eat eggs any way but scrambled. Any other way is disgusting to me.

grumble

Hah, I wouldn't hand out leg adivce. I don't train legs like anyone else here. I never do heavy squats, I always do frowned upon exercises (leg press, extensions, curls) and I never really push myself. My legs are mostly a product of genetics and being fat most of my life, not hard work I think.

I like never list my routine here because it's god awful, but it works for me and gets me the results I want. I may try new things here and there based on what I read here or advice I get from others, but for the most part I do my own thing. I actually do face pulls now only because of this thread, lol.

Also yeah, for sure I would look into changing up your routine from SS if you've been on it for that long.

Really though I would make sure to check that your diet is on point for your goals and that you're pushing yourself every day. It's not just following a program, but make sure you are encouraging yourself to meet goals every week.

To be fair if he has been doing ss for eight years he hasn't been doing ss... It is usually maxed out within a year, often six months and it definitely gets you some legs (not really calves though).

Pete Rock

My last two "cheat" meals consisted of half a dozen farm fresh eggs and a full stack of sourdough hotcakes. It is the only time I allow myself to eat white flour, because it has been predigested for at least a week by the sourdough enzymes and yeasts and is chock full of great stuff for your intestinal floura. Plus they taste fucking amaaaaazzzzing oh my god, all pancakes pale in comparison.

Similarly store bought eggs are like some weird off white sickly beige color when scrambled and the farm fresh eggs are damn near bright orange. Soooo much tastier. Make friends with someone who has a chicken coop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom