• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

The one that has done the previous races? Not an optimal situation if that is the case.

Might cost him some pace because they can't risk running it at full (race) power, so definitely not optimal.
There goes the 10 year Barcelona rule unless Ricciardo uses up all of Australia's luck in one single day.
WTF did he forget to brace his neck properly for the corner or something?
Kinda didn't look like bouncing but deliberate banging, but they'll probably ask him about it later

Mastah

Alonso misses FP1, has huge problems in FP2 and at the end of the FP3 he's 10th, 8 tenths ahead of Stoffel. Give this man a good car, please :(

Xando

Ferrari looks back on it. Could be a close quali.

Massive temperature swing in the afternoon will help mercedes in qualifying.

Same thing as last year when ferrari won FP3 and mercedes dominated as soon as the track got warmer.

Zaru

Massive temperature swing in the afternoon will help mercedes in qualifying.

Same thing as last year when ferrari won FP3 and mercedes dominated as soon as the track got warmer.

I'm not saying this can't happen, but why do we still extrapolate from previous years? The cars are too different. Previous strengths and weaknesses are kinda out of the window for the most part.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I have to admit, I'm a little nervous.

_50883734_maldonado466.jpg

Xando

I'm not saying this can't happen, but why do we still extrapolate from previous years? The cars are too different. Previous strengths and weaknesses are kinda out of the window for the most part.

Mercedes still has problems getting the tires on temperature. Just like last year.

I hope Ferrari is competitive but this track is very dependent on it's time of day. Even in testing the fastest laps are done in the morning.

Zaru

Are the Palmer family rich or what? How did he get a Renault seat?

Palmer is bringing a couple mils to Renault but it's nothing huge.
I doubt they're that desperate for money so the driver market must have been unfavorable to them. Remember how everyone and their mother outside the top 3 was linked to a renault seat last year?

Zaru

If the rumors are true, McLaren (and Mercedes) are basically just waiting until Honda announces the split themselves so the Japanese can save a little face

Hopefully he will be kicked out next year.

If Renault's upwards trajectory holds, there's no way Palmer will be holding onto that seat.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

DBT85

All the previous turbos are reusable according to Ferrari.

Means they now can't bring an upgraded turbo without a penalty, not sure why you'd use a new part if you can use a used one and save that opportunity.

5th race and they've already run 4 turbos.

Mastah

Andrew Benson‏ @andrewbensonf1 3m3 minutes ago

Top 3 drivers will be interviewed on grid today before official photos as a trial "to capture the emotion straight after qualifying"

Xando

F1 should do something like this Fans vs Drivers simulator race they do in formula e

Ferrari says they only changed the engine as a precaution since they didn't kno what was wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom