• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hackbert

it must be an awkward feeling to climb into the mclaren honda right now. you never know, if you will get back into the pit on your own.

how can the Development of an engine go so wrong..

it must be an awkward feeling to climb into the mclaren honda right now. you never know, if you will get back into the pit on your own.

how can the Development of an engine go so wrong..

At least you can plan your afternoon accordingly.

"Sorry I'm late, honey. The engine lasted longer than expected."

Mastah

F1 experience? More like F1 Honda experience:

Ponty‏ @Pontomery

El biplaza bien. #SpanishGP

C_nyJd3W0AAtp32.jpg:large

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Max nearly went for a massive incident there.
Very gusty winds causing cars to lose grip in corners at the wrong moment

Par Score

I literally threw my glasses off and hit my head against my desk at work after hearing this on 5 Live Sports Extra.

I'm legitimately fucking livid at Honda right now.

They have a great motorsports division, with a good MotoGP, BTCC, WTCC, and American racing factory backed teams and engines yet they can't make an F1 engine to save their lives.

It's embarrassing as a lifelong F1 fan and McLaren follower. It's a travesty and I'm sick of the excuses.

I just want to back this post up.

I've always been a McLaren fan, ever since I first started watching F1. McLaren Honda in the Prost/Senna era absolutely defines F1 for me, that combination is basically why I follow the sport to this day.

What we've seen from Honda these last few seasons should see them banned from F1 with immediate effect. They are bringing the sport into disrepute and should be dealt with harshly.

Waveset

So the Mercs are back on top, great to see Ham and Bottas so close, disappointed that the RBR upgrades haven't pushed them further forward, and fuck Honda.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Renault looking like a real contender for best of the rest.
7/8 this afternoon is excellent pace from them, even from the woeful Palmer.

Barcelona is a real car chassis tester & its looks like they are getting closer to the RBR pace, even if RBR are poor by their standards at the moment.

ramparter

Banned
B class driver, lost to his teammate in both practice sessions today, if he can't find more pace tomorrow he should be replaced by Sunday.

Zaru

The new "you are only as good as your last race" is now "you are only as good as friday practice". Guess we can already give the title to Merc / Lewis.

[Hamilton loses 1 tenth in a sector in a single lap somewhere]
[Entirety of the UK visibly shaking, 9.0 on the richter scale caused purely by the energy of shared disappointment]
Unnamed F1 commentator, probably: "Mercedes in crisis, will Hamilton switch to Force India next year?"

mclem

Why not Bottas? He won the last race, clearly deserving the title.

And more to the point, it's Spain, and he hasn't won there yet. It is destined. *

Destiny only applied subject to status. The value of your position can go down as well as up

B class driver, lost to his teammate in both practice sessions today, if he can't find more pace tomorrow he should be replaced by Sunday.

Shit, you're right.

Not to mention that Lewis seems happier than Bottas with the new car.

“The team has done an amazing job with the upgrades and the car is working just as we expected,” said Hamilton.
“It’s been a much better start to the weekend for me than in Sochi so I’m very happy.
“We’ve just got to keep our heads down and keep working, we want to be number one.”

vs.

Bottas shared Hamilton's enthusiasm, saying "everything seems to be working well".
“Today was an important one for us with the new upgrade package on the car,” Bottas added.
“Our target was to evaluate if the new upgrades are working well and it seems like they are.
“At this time it’s way too early to tell exactly where we are, but everything seems to be working well so far.
“It’s always nice to start the weekend in a positive way, but the main days are Saturday and Sunday.
“As always we will work hard to find any performance. I really enjoyed it out there today so I hope we can squeeze more performance out of the package.”

http://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-amazing-job-done-on-upgraded-w08/

And more to the point, it's Spain, and he hasn't won there yet. It is destined. *

Destiny only applied subject to status. The value of your position can go down as well as up

That's another good point for Bottas, though...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I wonder how much did Merc push their upgraded engine today... probably they will release the full power on Q3...

I think at this point its obvious that Honda CAN build a strong racing engine (for touring cars and open wheelers) BUT they're hapless for the complex spec of current F1 engines, hell they made good powerful engines in the much simpler and less regulated V10 era. I fear that bringing Ilien is too litte too late at this point.

Zeknurn

Yeah Turvey should probably start using his mirrors more.

Shit, you're right.

Not to mention that Lewis seems happier than Bottas with the new car.

That's another good point for Bottas, though...

Even though this is going to be an easy pole and win for Hamilton this weekend, I'm going to accept the avatar bet just because you got destroyed last time and it would be very amusing if we somehow added another two weeks to your jail time.

The usual criteria applies:
Ferrari on pole or race win.

Deal?

Even though this is going to be an easy pole and win for Hamilton this weekend, I'm going to accept the avatar bet just because you got destroyed last time and it would be very amusing if we somehow added another two weeks to your jail time.

The usual criteria applies:
Ferrari on pole or race win.

Deal?

Oh, we have a deal.

Anyone else wanna join the fun?

Waveset

Twitter > Reddit says Mercedes broke curfew last night, I can't find anything else about it. Any other sources confirm this?

I think at this point its obvious that Honda CAN build a strong racing engine (for touring cars and open wheelers) BUT they're hapless for the complex spec of current F1 engines, hell they made good powerful engines in the much simpler and less regulated V10 era. I fear that bringing Ilien is too litte too late at this point.

Their 2.4 V8s weren't that great either.

Rubens and Jenson saw a huge difference when they switched from Honda engines to Mercedes before the 09 season.

Mastah

I wonder if Vettel could have won Russia if the main DRS zone had been longer.

No. As usual they overreact like complete idiots. The problem in Russia was cars were spread by 2 seconds and more, how can you expect any overtaking, hell any battle with such gaps?

JDB

Banned
Yeah the cars didn't even get close in Russia, no amount of extra DRS would've helped there. They were all more than a second apart almost straight away.

It might have helped Vettel, but that's pretty much all yeah. All the more interesting that Vettel doesn't seem too happy with the longer DRS zone in Spain.

Lego Boss

Easy pole and win for Hamilton? Bottas has only been a 1 tenth off.

It's tight. Bottas is going to have the bit between his teeth now and he is no mug. I always thought he would be credible opposition to blessed and his definitely very quick.

I don't think this is stitched up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom