• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Mulder

Say goodbye to McLaren, Honda. What a steaming pile of shit.

They should just do it at this point. Honda failed and no token development has only made them worse.

It'll be a messy split and they'll need sponsors. Might as well start designing for that Merc engine.

Za3nkvM.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So not only did force India or Sainz lose the chance to get a podium by not letting Ocon through as soon as he got to the back of Sainz, they cost them 4&5th by fighting and therefore letting Ricciardo out of DRS range and helping Vettel catch up

That move on Ocon felt like he was forced off the track though

Ninman

Perez did nothing wrong.

Ocon had every opportunity to challenge Perez himself but didn't for over 15 laps. If he was supposedly so quick, why couldn't he get close enough so for so long?

If Verstappen or Hamilton had done that, everyone would be cheering them.
Yep, remember Bahrain 2014? Pérez overtook Hulk on track.

Perez did nothing wrong.

Ocon had every opportunity to challenge Perez himself but didn't for over 15 laps. If he was supposedly so quick, why couldn't he get close enough so for so long?

If Verstappen or Hamilton had done that, everyone would be cheering them.

It wasn't about challenging Perez, it was about challenging Ricciardo and Ocon was quicker. Ocon is more likely to try a risky pass on Ricciardo than on a teammate.

The team obviously wanted Perez to let Ocon pass so Ocon waited behind.

Fun race, Vettel making all the way up to 4th after that start is something.

And Perez didn't do anything wrong, team needs to make the order and they didn't.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Pfft, Christian Danner on RTL said "broken engine, surprise", and Wasser immediately tried to shut him up, and Danner responded "yes, you are right". What a joke. Germany. TV presenters not allowed to call what they see? We get censored games, and now F1 TV presenters can't call out a ridiculous team in a single word.

Listen better. Waßer said broken engine, what a surprise, then Danner said "oh heiko" and then "yes, you are right".

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
They should just do it at this point. Honda failed and no token development has only made them worse.

It'll be a messy split and they'll need sponsors. Might as well start designing for that Merc engine.

I'd imagine Honda will be looking for a big pay off, considering their lengthy agreement. Cheeky, but I bet they'll take what they can get.

kiyomi

So Perez went against the greater good of the team and almost had Vettel crash into Ocon, I think?

Pretty much. Ocon had a bit more pace and probably could've mounted a better challenge to Ricciardo's 3rd place.

Fuck Perez. Although the team should've been firmer.

roytheone

In an interview with dutch tv Verstappen seems VERY done with Red bull, if it continues like this in this season I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone next season.

Vettel did nothing wrong, very surprised some people think he did. Was just really aggressive.
Indeed the only culprit here was Perez being stubborn in trying to keep Ocon for passing him. Also what's with this "please guys give me a chance" If he felt he had the speed to overtake Ricciardo he should've just taken the opportunity

Rolfgang

Verstappen is not pleased, to say the least. Dutch TV just interviewed him. He was sure he could keep P2 today and it feels as bad to him as Monaco. He also said the whole season has been shit.

Mastah

18 year old kid celebrating his first points in F1 at his home race what an idiot.

And did I call him an idiot? No, I'm just laughing at how low his standards are. P9, good for you Lance, I guess.

Thought he had a solid race, personally. And I've been a huge critic of his. Will do him the world of good.

No doubt about it, but let's not pretend like it's some great achievement objectively.

My opinion of Perez has undergone a complete 180 after today. Even if the team was silent and you can make a fair case that he shouldn't just randomly let his teammate past, he was a dick pushing his teammate off the track and dangerously blocking him. There's no championship involved. There's just team points for FI.

TCRS

Banned
don't forget our next title is:

|OT2| Honda and shame are huge parts of it

I'm pissed it wasn't used for thise one

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Pretty much. Ocon had a bit more pace and probably could've mounted a better challenge to Ricciardo's 3rd place.

Fuck Perez. Although the team should've been firmer.

That's BS. I am glad there was no order and they were just racing. Sad to here that people complain about team orders when Ferrari might do it and at the same time ask Sauber to do it.

KdotIX

Poor poor Ocon. Really feel for the fella. Perez was never gonna catch up to RIC, let alone overtake him, felt he was just being a bit selfish there and didn't see the big picture or have the "team result" in his mind.

I think Ocon was purposefully keeping his distance behind Perez to protect his tyres which were 12 laps younger.

FI should have been more assertive with the team order. There will be a heated debrief for sure.

Ocon is my driver of the day

Fox Mulder

Verstappen is not pleased, to say the least. Dutch TV just interviewed him. He was sure he could keep P2 today and it feels as bad to him as Monaco. He also said the whole season has been shit.

He's not wrong. Redbull sucks this year and they're not going to get a ray of sunshine from Renault either.

John_B

Stroll was decent. I hope this is more his level going forward.

Ocon was great, maybe should have been more aggressive with Perez early on. Also was smart to avoid Vettel as he had zero control and they would have collided.

Good result for the championship. Hamilton always comes back and shuts everyone up after a slump.

Zaru

Indeed the only culprit here was Perez being stubborn in trying to keep Ocon for passing him. Also what's with this "please guys give me a chance" If he felt he had the speed to overtake Ricciardo he should've just taken the opportunity

It's easy to see why. He clearly thinks he's the only one who can nab podiums for Force India (I mean, it was that way against Hülkenberg) and didn't want to hand that glory to his rookie teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom