• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaru

I still think that Maclaren should have started developing his own engine. It could not be worse than the actual one.

Without the Honda money and plus the cost of acquiring the facilities/know-how for such an endeavour, they'd have to cough up a couple hundred million extra. Not happening, as bad as Honda is.

Fox Mulder

I still think that Maclaren should have started developing his own engine. It could not be worse than the actual one.

That's expensive as shit and they don't have the expertise to do it.

Blame the engine regulations. Honda and Renault can't nail the formula, and no independent is around due to the cost. They wont force Mercedes and Ferrari to supply the whole grid, so we have to wait this garbage era out.

Honda scammed Mckaren with that deal they made, who brokered that deal? Or was it Ron Dennis' final fuck you to mclaren to leave them bounded to Honda?

Zaru

A59ofeN.png

kiyomi

That's BS. I am glad there was no order and they were just racing. Sad to here that people complain about team orders when Ferrari might do it and at the same time ask Sauber to do it.

Except there was kind of an order, they just weren't firm enough with it to carry it out.

The difference in this situation is that we wanted Perez to let Ocon go past to have a chance at getting through Ricciardo, when Perez was making no progress. If Ocon couldn't do it either, then the fair thing to do would be to give the place back. That's what should've happened IMO.

FWIW I don't personally have an issue with Ferrari using team orders since they have a pretty clear #1 and #2 in my eyes.

Humidex

That's expensive as shit and they don't have the expertise to do it.

Blame the engine regulations. Honda and Renault can't nail the formula, and no independent is around due to the cost. They wont force Mercedes and Ferrari to supply the whole grid, so we have to wait this garbage era out.

Thing is, just how much more would they need to develop a F1 engine considering they've already got an arrangement with Ricardo for their road cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom