• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

Hamilton challenging Vettel to a duel!

"If he wants to prove that we're men, we should do it out of the car, face to face!"

Aiii

So not worth it
and then there was Schumacher who was stripped his 2nd place result in the WDC.

Schumqi deliberately tried to crash into Villeneuve to get the WDC. Vettelr got upset, flailed his hands about and accidentally lost control of his car by being a bothered cunt.

Not quite the same gravity.

Razgreez

It looked to me like HAM had fixed his headrest by the time he came in, I'm surprised it took a 9.3 second stop to confirm that.

He had but it was too late. Once you get called in to change you have to change the part and so they had to replace the, by then secure, headrest

Hasney

Hamilton challenging Vettel to a duel!

"If he wants to prove that we're men, we should do it out of the car, face to face!"

Conversations happen that way too :p

Don't know why C4 are debating of he did it on purpose. Vettel basically admitted it as saying Lewis did his on purpose too and should both have a penalty.

f0rk

Vettel deserves a further penalty after what he said in that channel 4 interview. Hamilton is right about young kids.

Rodelero

HAM goes in on VET:
"I think he disgraced himself today. If he wants to prove he's a man we should do it out of the car, face to face."

He did seem to be trying to keep a lid on it quite hard during the Sky Sports interview... seems it didn't last.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Ooh, another one to add to the ignore list. Thanks for making it super obvious!

As soon as someone uses the term "snowflake" in that context, I immediately believe them to have drained their capacity for valid argument.

kiyomi

I'd actually really like to hear Sergio Perez's opinion on the incident, he had a great angle.

nekkid said:
As soon as someone uses the term "snowflake" in that context, I immediately believe them to have drained their capacity for valid argument.

Yeah pretty much. lol

Grug

So anyway, stepping back from that incident... will people be looking forward to Baku more or less next year?

That was a crazy ass race.

dakun

Schumqi deliberately tried to crash into Villeneuve to get the WDC. Vettelr got upset, flailed his hands about and accidentally lost control of his car by being a bothered cunt.

Not quite the same gravity.

yeah i know. I was just listing people that deliberately crashed.

If you think about it. Senna to this day is considered the WDC of 1990 even though he admitted to crashing deliberately in Japan.

Hasney

But wasn't the context about proving who the "bigger man" was? Were they going to have a rap battle?

The bigger man as in talk about your problems, not ram someone. Do you not know the saying "be the bigger man"? It's not about brawn.

NewDust

Everybody's saying Vettel 'accidentally' hit Hamilton because he wasn't holding his steering wheel... But I only see one hand from the steering wheel, not two.

acm2000

vettel should be stripped of the race result plain and simple and thats a best case scenario, you have to stamp out deliberate dangerous driving like that and set an example.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So anyway, stepping back from that incident... will people be looking forward to Baku more or less next year?

The surroundings are nice, the track has some nice racing areas, turn 8 is still a bit bullshit, but the races are eventful (except last year's F1 race). I'm more opposed to it because of Azerbaijani politics, not the track itself.

Not that it needed if the other side doesn't want to clarify the own position to anyone but just want to take the ball and go home with it.

I don't necessarily agree with him but you claimed something that wasn't true and can't just say stop to someone that asks you to explain yourself

I said I didn't think the incidents were that similar but at the same time they were both deliberate contact. So I don't agree with the disparity. Whilst 2 years is excessive for one, 10s in nowhere near enough for the other. Especially considering the sort of things we're usually seeing stop go penalties for

Aiii

So not worth it

It is a street circuit and it had some great street circuit incidents.

The complaints about the marshals are a bit unfair, they are still new at this and they did a pretty good job overall. Kvyat was a tough clear, but that is something that needs to be resolved in the track design and not on them.

Baku gets too much shit, the only thing I would like to change is that long straight, put an artificial corner in that.

dakun

It is a street circuit and it had some great street circuit incidents.

The complaints about the marshals are a bit unfair, they are still new at this and they did a pretty good job overall. Kvyat was a tough clear, but that is something that needs to be resolved in the track design and not on them.

Baku gets too much shit, the only thing I would like to change is that long straight, put an artificial corner in that.

you'd immediately get rid of 80% of overtakes with that and the only thing that makes this track exciting.

Ruruja

He had but it was too late. Once you get called in to change you have to change the part and so they had to replace the, by then secure, headrest

Which is interesting looking back, because he gave up a lot of seconds trying to fix it on the main straight, which ultimately made him end up behind Vettel after their stops.

kiyomi

If they are "new at this" or haven't received proper training, why is the track allowed to host F1? Marshals should be held to a high standard.

Besides, they could've brought people in to help them. Abu Dhabi brought in some British and European marshals IIRC, to help them out.

Orbis

I'm actually getting rather frustrated with this topic because very few people here are willing to give so much as a millimetre to rival drivers. Jumping on everything a rival says and does, complete unwillingness to compromise or admit fault in any discussion.

We have seen it in force today from both Hamilton and Vettel fans and it makes discussion in here almost impossible. I may well not bother posting in here during the next race because despite having a fun and crazy Grand Prix we yet again have a very negative atmosphere in here.

I agree with this. Probably the worst thing about this circuit is the unneccessary long straight.
We would lose most of the overtaking though, it would end up as a less spectacular Monaco. Is there no other route they can take that avoids the castle section, would be my question. Also they really do need to sort out car recovery.

kiyomi

I'm actually getting rather frustrated with this topic because very few people here are willing to give so much as a millimetre to rival drivers. Jumping on everything a rival says and does, complete unwillingness to compromise or admit fault in any discussion.

We have seen it in force today from both Hamilton and Vettel fans and it makes discussion in here almost impossible. I may well not bother posting in here during the next race because despite having a fun and crazy Grand Prix we yet again have a very negative atmosphere in here.

100% this. It was a fascinating race to watch and we are all just bickering here as if we have any clue what we are talking about lmao.

I'm a fan of both drivers. I dont think Lewis brake-tested, he was letting the safety car get well ahead. Vettel mistook the lack of acceleration as a brake test, collided with Lewis' car and had a moment where he only saw the red mist. Hopefully those two can have a face to face and squash their issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom