• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formula 1 2017 Season |OT| Japanese Horror Story - Sundays on Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD

DGoGGx1XoAAcozm.jpg

Jezbollah

That would mean the possibility of the circuit hosting F1 and IndyCar in the same month. You think they would stick with the normal grand prix circuit? Honestly, I'd like to see them use the full Peraltada curve.

They will use the same circuit - they raced there before when the stadium section was still a baseball stadium..

DD

Same dude who designed Danny Ric's brand logo?
What?

I like his other work, but the livery doesn't look good with current regulations. It worked on the MP4/4, because of the simplicity of the aero design. It's not even a particularly good livery in the first place.
It doesn't look good with the shark fin, but I still think it looks great. Try to imagine it without the fin, a smaller Malrboro logo and some tweaks at the front of the car, like making that black area lower and pushing the red part a liiitle to the front.

Burai

shitonmychest57
I like his other work, but the livery doesn't look good with current regulations. It worked on the MP4/4, because of the simplicity of the aero design. It's not even a particularly good livery in the first place.

It didn't work on the MP4/10 or MP4/11 in real life either for pretty much the same reason.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am watching the Silver War movie on youtube, first I have to commend the youtuber that put it together - what an amazing job using just clips stitched together to make a cohesive movie and narrative.

I only started watching F1 this year, but man I wish I watched last year two, what a battle it was between Ros and Ham (at least in this movie).

Fox Mulder

I am watching the Silver War movie on youtube, first I have to commend the youtuber that put it together - what an amazing job using just clips stitched together to make a cohesive movie and narrative.

I only started watching F1 this year, but man I wish I watched last year two, what a battle it was between Ros and Ham (at least in this movie).

Well Mercedes dominating unopposed since the start of the 2014 season made 2016 a bit boring. The highlight was Spain when they both crashed out and someone else could win. Verstappen was usually fun to watch as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well Mercedes dominating unopposed since the start of the 2014 season made 2016 a bit boring. The highlight was Spain when they both crashed out and someone else could win. Verstappen was usually fun to watch as well.

Yeah that's the one thing that is a little weird, they are both blowing past guys like they are standing still. It is pretty embarrassing for the sport.

Xando

What are your summer break F1 viewing plans? Watching previous races this season? Previous seasons? Documentaries?

Not doing anything F1 related this summer break.

Just came back from vacation in the netherlands and now will just enjoy the summer until Bundesliga returns.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
What are your summer break F1 viewing plans? Watching previous races this season? Previous seasons? Documentaries?
BTCC this weekend. Moto GP last weekend. Always something with an engine to keep me occupied during the Summer F1 break.

jambo

I've already watched the 1990 Australian Grand Prix and the 2011 Chinese Grand Prix.

Going to find some other classics and watch them, maybe even a whole season.

Recommendations welcome.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Something something got brake tested under the safety car something something nearly broke your front wing something something caused irreparable suspension damage to the other car.

Anxiously waiting for the next race and sucking all those silly season rumors up. Other than that, nothing racing related.

There it is!

Stroll to Force India with dad’s help?

In the midst of the F1’s summer holiday there is no better time to embrace the silly season with reports linking Lance Stroll to Force India – after his dad buys the team.
Having spent an estimated $80 million getting his son through the motor racing ranks, Stroll entered Formula 1 this season with Williams.

However, he could be saying goodbye to Williams after just one season with Italiaracing linking him – and his father Lawrence – to Force India.
The publication reports that the fashion billionaire is considering acquiring a stake in Force India, a team that is keen to embrace a more global market.

Should that happen it would spark several changes in the driver market with either Esteban Ocon or Sergio Perez, or both, off to Williams, Felipe Massa re-entering retirement and Pascal Wehrlein also in with a shot at the Williams drive given his association with Mercedes.

Of course, that’s all just rumours…

http://www.planetf1.com/news/stroll-to-force-india-with-dads-help/

tl;dr: Old Man Stroll buys a stake in Force India and booting either Ocon or Perez in the progress to make room for his incredibly talented son.

It's so stupid, I love it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Force India have two solid points scorers, replacing one of them with Stroll would hurt them a lot.

He really is a shit driver, so far. So far he has a lucky podium finish (and even then he lost a position on literally the last lap which a better driver would have not given up that easily), a similarly lucky 9th place in Canada and a 10th place.

In a Williams. Granted, it's not the best car on the grid, but it should be a Q3 mainstay at least. He really is showing he's nowhere near ready -or good, hard to tell- for a F1 drive. He's inconsistent, doesn't show off any impressive race craft and just seems way out of his league. It's like someone brought his little brother along to play with the adults. He's there, you like him, but he's clearly never going to be able to beat any of you.

I do hope he improves to an acceptable level, but if you look at rookies from the past years he just isn't there. Even if you discard Verstappen for being an outlier. Looking at someone like Sainz, he was in a way worse car (that Renault was so shit) and yet he managed to get into Q3 a lot, and you'd pretty much expect him to be scoring points each race. Williams wants to pretend Stroll is an exceptional talent, so why isn't he doing things like this?

He's pretty much an acceptable paydriver at the best of times. He's what you'd expect in the backmarker teams to close the budget.

dakun

That move would only happen if Perez or Ocon find a better team and leave on their own. Force India is not going to get rid of their only chance to get a high position in the constructors championship. Especially if they can find a big sponsor for the upcoming name change that they are planning.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vijay would sell that team in a heartbeat if the right offer came along. And if Stroll runs that team, one of the seats is for Lance, from now until whenever he quits driving.

In other news, Honda is back on track!

Honda now at pre-season target level

Honda is now performing at the level it hoped to achieve pre-season, according to chief Yusuke Hasegawa, following recent updates to its power unit.

Hasegawa feels that Honda is now operating at the level that it expected to demonstrate during pre-season testing in February.

"Maybe the current level of performance is what we had to achieve at the beginning of the season," Hasegawa explained to RACER. So for me I'm thinking, 'At last we can achieve the level of performance we should have been at in Barcelona'.

"It took around five months. From a normal technical development common sense point of view, to catch up that level in five months, we have to be proud of that. However, to match the Formula 1 calendar, it is too late.

"So I am half relieved and half very disappointed that we could not achieve this level at the beginning of the season."

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/356915/honda-now-at-pre-season-target-level/

Zaru

Let's see how much that McHonda cries on the Spa and Monza tarmac.
If that was their performance target for the pre-season test, then there was never any hope.

Fox Mulder

He really is a shit driver, so far. So far he has a lucky podium finish (and even then he lost a position on literally the last lap which a better driver would have not given up that easily), a similarly lucky 9th place in Canada and a 10th place.

I'm sure Massa could have tried for the win at Baku if his car hadn't failed soon after resuming after the red flag. Bottas just had the faster car and DRS to fly by Stroll at the finish line.

Jezbollah

Its amazing that as soon as rumours of Honda being terminated as McLaren supplier, and Sauber cancelling the deal, that suddenly the engine is now up to scratch. :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom