• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I came back today after quitting more than a year ago. Just testing the big new patch out, and getting ready for the expansion.

Btw Esch convinced me to make a Tinder account. Shit seems kinda invasive, I hate having to use my Facebook for it even though it says it will never post anything on it. And I also realized my pics are so boring compared to all the chicks. Makes me want to look at the dudes' pics to see how I stack up, but I don't want a bunch of local gay dudes to see my face lmao.

Goddamn PD, you do this shit on porpoise.

Esch

Banned
I came back today after quitting more than a year ago. Just testing the big new patch out, and getting ready for the expansion.

Btw Esch convinced me to make a Tinder account. Shit seems kinda invasive, I hate having to use my Facebook for it even though it says it will never post anything on it. And I also realized my pics are so boring compared to all the chicks. Makes me want to look at the dudes' pics to see how I stack up, but I don't want a bunch of local gay dudes to see my face lmao.
Theyre seeing your face anyway bruh, their search is for men so thats what pops up. It doesn't autofilter for sexuality I reckon, only gender.

Three matches so far. I woke at 7AM due to snow trucks outside and figured I'd take a look. First chicks I liked had all liked me, and two are chatting now. Fuck I want to go to bed but I'll play along.

"Just got out of the shower...long day been working a lot! but i'm feelin' horny!! so what's up .. wanna have some fun?? ;) "

40 miles tho...nah

overcast

Get em PD. Btw gonna be in Michigan for the week brehs. Funeral to attend. Not ready for this cold.

I'm really loving this Stolen Youth tape. Went under my radar last year, despite seeing it posted multiple times.

Lmao it's fake, now she's asking for a credit card to access her cam show. I expect that type of spam on craigslist not this. smh Esch I'm blaming you.

Maybe the other chicks are real; one only said hi, no other responses.

fake account so I won't edit out the name
aUSZGol.png

ccld.png

she didn't let me finish my thought tho

Jitters

Today is the GOD, El P's birthday. Now lets sit and think about how great Facecrusher Plus and all his solo output was.
e11IfZE.gif

AND RTJ

big ander

Yall really gonna sleep on this Kool & Kass tape? ;___;

My favorite release of 2014, so far.

Worth a repost. COKE BOYS 5 - KOOL & KASS

I dl'd after you posted last night, haven't played yet.

Were people saying they've liked Kool more after DR tho? not me. I mean I liked the bus tapes especially 63 and if NOT O.K. is really just the b-sides from a forthcoming O.K. album I'm psyched, but I think most of his best work was in Das Racist. A.D.'s all about lack of structure and stream-of-consciousness obv, but when he was forced into just the flimsiest amount of structure in DR songs it made his work even better.

course one of victor's top 5 verses isn't even on a DR or Kool solo song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEB7qVcX48c
undeniable between "Lupe, Fiasco/I lack dough/I'm Plies/I need a shirt/I'm lying my feet hurt" and "'All I care about is money and the city that I'm from' that's dumb/isn't that exactly like the tea party platform?"

big ander

Heems has impressed me more since the split of DR.

rap-wise I agree, nehru and wwk are both awesome. As like, people though...I mean I stan Hima but it increasingly seems like he's not just self-destructive but has played around with other people and their money and fucked friends over. Bruh needs therapy bad and instead he just travels to india and tweets about crying on the beach and begs for money from his fans. when instead he could like, awno, charge $2 for the Lakutis tape and people would still get it? Or even sell a goddamn tshirt dude sign in to cafepress for 10 minutes and make a greedhead shirt and kids will buy it out before noon. Nah, he'd rather wallow. Whereas Kool has just kinda chilled on the west coast and consistently put out a lot of music and sold overpriced art on instagram (and all power to him if people are buying), it's made him easier to like as a person post-DR.

Were people saying they've liked Kool more after DR tho? not me. I mean I liked the bus tapes especially 63 and if NOT O.K. is really just the b-sides from a forthcoming O.K. album I'm psyched, but I think most of his best work was in Das Racist. A.D.'s all about lack of structure and stream-of-consciousness obv, but when he was forced into just the flimsiest amount of structure in DR songs it made his work even better.

63 was whack, but PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS is top-notch and "NOT O.K." was solid. High hopes for the forthcoming "Word O.K."

Heems has impressed me more since the split of DR.

Wild Water Kingdom was an instant recycle-bin classic, tho. And Nehru Jackets was saved only by the features. That track with Danny Brown and eXquire goes, as does the Action Bronson joint.

big ander

63 was whack, but PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS is top-notch and "NOT O.K." was solid. High hopes for the forthcoming "Word O.K."

Wild Water Kingdom was an instant recycle-bin classic, tho. And Nehru Jackets was saved only by the features. That track with Danny Brown and eXquire goes, as does the Action Bronson joint.

Nah man 63 had Finito Posse Jawn, Rap Genius, Red Wine, Chuck Very. And WWK/Nehru have NYC Cops and a song just about Jason Bourne and Soup Boys and Third Thing and the awesome Killing Moon sample in Killing Time. I'll see about this Peaceful solutions soon

Jitters

rap-wise I agree, nehru and wwk are both awesome. As like, people though...I mean I stan Hima but it increasingly seems like he's not just self-destructive but has played around with other people and their money and fucked friends over. Bruh needs therapy bad and instead he just travels to india and tweets about crying on the beach and begs for money from his fans. when instead he could like, awno, charge $2 for the Lakutis tape and people would still get it? Or even sell a goddamn tshirt dude sign in to cafepress for 10 minutes and make a greedhead shirt and kids will buy it out before noon. Nah, he'd rather wallow. Whereas Kool has just kinda chilled on the west coast and consistently put out a lot of music and sold overpriced art on instagram (and all power to him if people are buying), it's made him easier to like as a person post-DR.

I agree with that actually. I never hear people talk about it, but Heems has been a little bit of a bummer recently. I didn't know anything about him fucking his friends over.

PlayDat

Nehru Jackets is one of my favorite joints from the past 2 years. Beats slap all throughout and it has a decent amount of non-cringeworthy social commentary. I keep meaning to seek out more Das Racist projects but never get around to.it. Impressions of WWK here and elsewhere on the internet made me afraid to even bother with it.

Nehru Jackets is one of my favorite joints from the past 2 years. Beats slap all throughout and it has a decent amount of non-cringeworthy social commentary. I keep meaning to seek out more Das Racist projects but never get around to.it. Impressions of WWK here and elsewhere on the internet made me afraid to even bother with it.
its not the best thing ever, but I liked WWK enough. Check it out, and I liked peaceful solutions a lot, but there was a lot to digest.

HiResDes

I agree with Anders, Not O. k. is great too though
WWK was completely ass tier, Heems fell off, remember Kool helped produce Nehru Jackets

Jitters

I have high hopes for Word OK too. The b sides were great and showed a lot of promise.

I agree with Anders, Not O. k. is great too though
WWK was completely ass tier, Heems fell off, remember Kool helped produce Nehru Jackets
I know you say that everytime its brought up,but I don't get why you think its THAT bad, breh. I'm mean its not as good as NJ, but there are some pretty good tracks. I think it was the beginning of super depressed Heems though. I just hope that isn't a sign of whats to come on his debut.

NJ is super duper dope And Stoner off of Coke Boys 5 is hilarious. "What if this was a song from bible times and a chick fucked up and said...I'm a Stoner"

NJ is super duper dope And Stoner off of Coke Boys 5 is hilarious. "What if this was a song from bible times and a chick fucked up and said...I'm a Stoner"

Died at that. And the "Big up!" on the "Started" remix / constant Khaled/MMG drops on the "UOENO" remix kill me.

Dude even dropped in an LA Leakers tag ;___; The original songs are tight too. The beat on "Saucier."

k-state-coach-forehead-wipe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom