• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guess what I'm asking is, what are some East Coast artists I should familiarize myself with. Here's what I already rock to.

I'm asking about classics, that remained underground. Stuff I wouldn't have heard of. Old Skewl stuff back when coasts mattered.

Lord Finesse
Kool G Rap
Digable Planets
Jeru the Damaja
Organised Konfusion
Masta Ace
AZ

coldvein

Banned
nah dude. no way.

i know siddx hasnt been here in like a hundred years. but shit man.

atmosphere, was at least significant. even if it aint to your tastes.

Jitters

Guess what I'm asking is, what are some East Coast artists I should familiarize myself with. Here's what I already rock to.

I'm asking about classics, that remained underground. Stuff I wouldn't have heard of. Old Skewl stuff back when coasts mattered.

Big L is cool.

And yes Atmosphere is pretty bad.

Yo. "Silence" on this new Black Milk...
GMxuz.png

edit: beaten like Leo on Oscar night.

Murder, a mothafuckin murder (POW)/
No you didn't see it but I know you bitches heard it/
Blood on the corner damn I miss my dawg/
I'm just thinkin' 'bout his daughter in another life he ballin
AAAAHHHHHHH/

ibg74FqOVUtefJ.gif

PBY

Banned
Haha let's be honest. It could be much worse. If anything I am looking forward to it because we may at least hear where he is at sound wise and hopefully his next album will sound similar

Sure. I need a real sophomore album though, for what it was LLA was good. Single's dropping tonight, so we'll know soon enough

New DZA/Soul ain't bad. Dza's first verse sounds so awkward over the beat, but it gets better after his first verse. Soul does well too.

Dereck

Does Soul use other people's songs as sparring for rapping? That's what it seems like. Dude is going Lil Wayne with the features lately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't unhear "let me put my mouth where you potty boo" or w/e the line was.

Seriously, when I think of Soul that line pops up in my head and I hate myself.

Dereck

Them ***** pissed need potty training they movement shit that's a potty train

I don't know how many times we've discussed that verse but I gotta tell ya, it doesn't get old

Soul is one of those rappers that tricks you into thinking he's about to give you a hot plate, then he busts out some cold soup. It's fine for some occasions, but overall I'm left unsatisfied more often than not.

good luck marketing him, TDE/Interscope.

Esch

Banned
Kendrick needs to get these dudes on a new workout plan. Intermittent fasting, carbs cut, free weights. Lookin :flabbynsick

I wonder if Kendrick's new interest in eating healthy/working out is due to Dre. Dre tends to help some make one dope album, then he disappears to a behind-the-scenes role. I get the impression he's genuinely cool with Kendrick.

You just know Dre, Jay, or someone has told him that he might not be able to keep his crew together unless they level up; I bet that's part of the reason they were trying so hard to sign Chance and Jhené Aiko, who both have mainstream appeal. I was wrong about Q, he sold well...but clearly he isn't a solid #2.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder if Kendrick's new interest in eating healthy/working out is due to Dre. Dre tends to help some make one dope album, then he disappears to a behind-the-scenes role. I get the impression he's genuinely cool with Kendrick.

You just know Dre, Jay, or someone has told him that he might not be able to keep his crew together unless they level up; I bet that's part of the reason they were trying so hard to sign Chance and Jhené Aiko, who both have mainstream appeal. I was wrong about Q, he sold well...but clearly he isn't a solid #2.
I don't think Jhene Aiko will get far. She seems to have the right hook ups right now but I'm seeing Skylar Gray or Keri Hilson (in reverse) type trajectories for her.

Chance is unproven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom