• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

I know they had differences in the past, but one of my dream projects, even now, is for G Rap and Rakim to do a co-op LP Watch the Throne style. We can talk about Kane, Slick Rick, Biz, whoever.... But I see those two as being the father of so many emcees from the golden age more than anyone else. Get Alc to produce it. That's a top 10 album of the year even in 2014.

thats a top 10 any year.

I know they had differences in the past, but one of my dream projects, even now, is for G Rap and Rakim to do a co-op LP Watch the Throne style. We can talk about Kane, Slick Rick, Biz, whoever.... But I see those two as being the father of so many emcees from the golden age more than anyone else. Get Alc to produce it. That's a top 10 album of the year even in 2014.
maybe a KRS-One feature sprinkled somewhere in it too

I could use more grown man hip-hop that's not Jay

Esch

Banned
thats a top 10 any year.

If they were prime, it would probably be a classic. But at most right now, the competition would give us a good-great album. I think Rakim's declined more than G Rap has, but that's because his success as an emcee is more dependent on quality of writing than G Rap's is just because of their styles. Either way, it's a good idea; i'm kinda disappointed that most of the golden age rappers have kinda hung it up in this new era.

maybe a KRS-One feature sprinkled somewhere in it too

I could use more grown man hip-hop that's not Jay

It's kinda why I liked some of the Wu Projects lately (Chamber Music, Wu-Block, Wu-Masscare, Legendary Weapons, etc). They're maybe not as great as older Wu-Tang albums, but still to see grown men doing it is pretty awesome. Also there are some good songs on them.

Also, they're big fans of Kool G Rap and feature him whenever it seems to fit.

The Wu-Tang Clan / Kool G Rap "Rivers of Blood"

Rakim hasn't declined, it's an issue of production. He sticks to a rhyme pattern that is very hard to fuck up unless the production is horrible.

I'd rather hear Rakim over more throwback boom bap than Alc. I'd kill for a Rakim/Damu The Fudgemunk collab. He needs to work with someone dope who can also throw some break beats in there. Whereas Kane would be perfect for Alch imo. He's more like Jay in terms of switching his flow.

haven't heard the LP song btw, I'm at work

Tokubetsu

Question: One of y'all played that dirty south track with the gators in the video a few weeks ago plug sesh. Need that link again.

HiResDes

Yo when you win avatar bets you should have to do your own photoshopping. I mean this dude got underlings making pics, that's some sucka shit.

Yo when you win avatar bets you should have to do your own photoshopping. I mean this dude got underlings making pics, that's some sucka shit.

image.php

Edit:
image.php

Squalor

This is terrible.

Listening to Mastermind today I was actually thinking it might have been better had Sean replaced Ross, but not this bullshit. Sean has to be the most polarizing dude in terms of flow.
Ross's verse is good, but once I get to it after Kanye's, it kind of kills the energy. Maybe Ross should have gone first.

HiResDes

Not sure why people still get hyped about new Wu-Tang albums or RZA production when he's still stuck in Bobby Digital mode and his protégé have eclipsed him at this point. Those old dusty cats don't have much left to say or new to contribute

kamspy

What subject matter would Rakim and G Rap even rap about together on a duet album?

Rakim's flow comes off boring today. When he came out, it was that new shit. Revolutionary. Now it would be kinda meandering and monotone. Like a slightly more awake Marci with more diverse subject matter.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ross's verse is good, but once I get to it after Kanye's, it kind of kills the energy. Maybe Ross should have gone first.
Was going to post the same thing lol

Ross' verse gets too much hate here, it's pretty dope. Still in Jamaica with my chalice swag. I don't think putting Ross first would do it any favours either. I think Luda would go stupid over this.

Announced for Low End Theory Fest so far:

Daedalus
Teebs
6Blocc
Matthewdavid
Samiyam

Full lineup for both days is tomorrow morning. tbh I'd be damn near good with just those names + the beat workshop. Still gonna be nice to find out some of the larger names. Toki and/or Flylo probably. Will be a good two days regardless.

20140306_182959_zpsafkoc9ga.jpg

livin the dream brehs, st thomas

feels like im in a roc marciano couplet

Goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom