• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Hopsin-prijsvraag.png
Word, I'll get it done tonight after work.

I guess Recon just wanted that ban. Looks like a perm to me. It's a shame, dude made some nice music and his musical tastes were pretty dope.

Ah well, stay safe breh.

vgJames

Banned
Buddy pulled out of seeing The Game tonight, the few that like hip hop are busy. The gigs in an hour, what do.

Do I just go it alone and if anyone says anything just name drop?

PBY

Banned
Rick Ross tracking to do 145k-160k

I'd say thats not great, but I dunno. Pharell's tracking at 85k.

Record sale struggle is real. I'd call this a moderate W, he'll still get the number 1 spot.

OG Kush

Regarding the new Big KRIT.. anyone else think hes jst not progressing? Everything just sounds the same with him. How many times you can make songs about cadillacs, being a country kid and balancing sinning and going church?!

PBY

Banned
Its an L since theyre a drop from his last release. But didnt we all expect that?

Eh, kind of. I don't know enough about release schedule periods (like spring v. summer) for sales. I also think its kind of a W in the sense that this is his like 6th? album, and hes still going #1. That kind of longevity is hard to attain.

Also, Pharrel has been ubiquitous, and has a MONSTER single. And Ross doubled G I R L's sales. So I dunno.

I think its a small W.

Regarding the new Big KRIT.. anyone else think hes jst not progressing? Everything just sounds the same with him. How many times you can make songs about cadillacs, being a country kid and balancing sinning and going church?!

His singles always draw on the base thematic elements he's comfortable with (cadillacs, subs, representing MS), his projects always have a few choice cuts that provide some depth though: like Bigger Picture, Multi, Banana Clip Theory. I'm reserving judgment until his next tape drops.

New Krit tracks so far for the week have been great.

Ross only selling around 150K is a drop, but not bad. Still #1.

At this point, I really don't think Krit will blow up. He's constantly making quality music, and he has quite diverse subject matter in his projects, but I just don't know. I really don't know what he can do at this point, every project is arguably better than his last, but it just isn't enough for him to blow.

It's either they don't know, they don't show, or they don't care about what happens in the South.

big ander

Dang thought the full Evian Christ EP had leaked. on junodl it looks like you can hear snippets and nothing else til the 18th, and it's not even on beatport yet.

Rick Ross tracking to do 145k-160k

I'd say thats not great, but I dunno. Pharell's tracking at 85k.

Record sale struggle is real. I'd call this a moderate W, he'll still get the number 1 spot.

Ross did that without a single, not bad from that perspective. But as I predicted his popularity is waning/diminishing returns.

Does Pharell have a fanbase? I genuinely think he's viewed as "that guy who sings on x." People like him but he's not out there doing shows or building a fanbase.

Esch

Banned
The Devil Is A Lie wasn't a single?
That and War Ready arent singles in the real sense. The former is just a good hot rap song, the second is also hot but might see traction in clubs and hip hop/urban radio, but neither are standout from a radio sense. Neither appeal to women.

Krit has diverse subject matter? Lol

he still hasnt topped Wuz Here either

I'd say he does, especially compared to some of one trick pony's out there
(Shoutouts to Des)
. He's definitely not the best hook writer out there though.

The Vent
Hometown Hero
Somedayz
Free My Soul
Children of the World
The Alarm

I could keep going, but what I'm trying to say is that at least it not simple raps. I'd prefer him making music like those examples than an album full of tracks like 'Money on the Floor' & 'Yeah Dats Me'. While I do enjoy those tracks, I'm glad that he's good at balancing the subject matter and tones of the tracks throughout a project.

PBY

Banned
Ross did that without a single, not bad from that perspective. But as I predicted his popularity is waning/diminishing returns.

Does Pharell have a fanbase? I genuinely think he's viewed as "that guy who sings on x." People like him but he's not out there doing shows or building a fanbase.

Pharell was on the 2 biggest songs last year. He has THE NUMBER ONE SONG on billboard's hot 100. He's been everywhere, from the oscars to the grammy's.

That and War Ready arent singles in the real sense. The former is just a good hot rap song, the second is also hot but might see traction in clubs and hip hop/urban radio, but neither are standout from a radio sense. Neither appeal to women.

Ah.

The Devil Is A Lie had so much radio play I guess I always assumed it was a single.

I'm a pharrell fan :)
Also Krits production is showing progression. His raps aren't during most of his songs, unless its on a specific topic of course. But compare the production from Wuz Here to King Remembered in Time and it's pretty evident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom