• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Iggy tracklist

1. Walk the Line
2. Don't Need Ya'll
3. 100 (feat. Watch the Duck)
4. Change Your Life (feat. T.I.)
5. Fancy (feat. Charli XCX)
6. New Bitch
7. Work
8. Impossible is Nothing
9. Goddess
10. Black Widow (feat. Rita Ora)
11. Lady Patra (feat. Mavado)
12. Fuck Love

Deluxe

13. Bounce
14. Rolex
15. Just Askin

Pay attention to Iggy Azalea tracklists, brehs.

Man I can't fuck with the gaming side at all anymore. I mean it's been bad since the next gen consoles shit started, but I'm just trying to read about Titanfall and it's just pages upon pages of garbage.

Don't get me wrong, I like games, we're on gaf so that's pretty obvious. But If your getting that worked up over fucking resolution or frame rates in a game your losing at life.

Off topic only from now on

all you need to know is that titanfall is the truth. so much fun in the beta. preloading it right now. 49 gb oh man fucking ridiculous download size.

Esch

Banned
Why is Titanfall 49gb? It's a
flabbynsick.png
looking source game with no cutscenes, can't be music either?

lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the biggest fuckin texture files you've ever seen.

real reason

because reasons

iavi

They used the same tactic as Divergent with their soundtrack apparently.

lol damn.

Titanfall doesn't get enough props for it's graphics. The environments ( at least in the beta) were kinda static, but the game looks good on the PC. Art direction is amazing.

Those One shots, though. I weep a little for my XB1 playin' brothas.

PlayDat

One of the rapgenius founders is giving a talk at my school this month. I'm not sure if I should go. A lot of their users' annotations are inaccurate/unnecessary and the founders seem like total pricks from the interviews I've seen of those guys online. I also have some misgivings about white people needing black culture explained for them and the way their whole business profits off that.

I do like how they've been making an effort to get verified explanations from the rappers themselves since I think it's cool to actually know what was going on in their minds as they were writing instead of what some freshman english major guessed at.

One of the rapgenius founders is giving a talk at my school this month. I'm not sure if I should go. A lot of their users' annotations are inaccurate/unnecessary and the founders seem like total pricks from the interviews I've seen of those guys online. I also have some misgivings about white people needing black culture explained for them and the way their whole business profits off that.

I do like how they've been making an effort to get verified explanations from the rappers themselves since I think it's cool to actually know what was going on in their minds as they were writing instead of what some freshman english major guessed at.

Yeah. I have the same problems with it, but that sounds like a cool talk to go see.

Esch

Banned

Strongly agreed on the annotations being kinda stupid a lot of the time. They need higher standards. I think I'd go see it though, hell if they piss you off you can always roast em. Unless it's not free.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lol damn.

Titanfall doesn't get enough props for it's graphics. The environments ( at least in the beta) were kinda static, but the game looks good on the PC. Art direction is amazing.

Those One shots, though. I weep a little for my XB1 playin' brothas.
The art looks terrible. Here's some sci-fi without the imagination, and some reserved and safe robot and marine designs to boot. Oh and let's gloss it with an aesthetic of the major franchise we're competing with, and one that we formerly worked on.

I want to play it though, either when I get a better graphics card or maybe down the line when I get an X1 or it ends up on other platforms.

Some of the reaching on the annotations are hilarious. Example, Dude wrote a huge explanation of a line, reaching beyond the skies and stars.. then Kendrick just said "LOL CLOSE THO"

iavi

The art looks terrible. Here's some sci-fi without the imagination, and some reserved and safe robot and marine designs to boot. Oh and let's gloss it with an aesthetic of the major franchise we're competing with, and one that we formerly worked on.

I want to play it though, either when I get a better graphics card or maybe down the line when I get an X1 or it ends up on other platforms.

tumblr_m5uoyl5CGM1rtiapso1_400.gif

TF1.png

TF2.png

Nah. Growing up in the Gundam school of mech design, I can't say I'm a fan of the mechawarrior-esque mechs either, and the character design sans the pilots is a tad on the bland side, but the overall aesthetic is far from generic.

DominoKid

it's sort of serious, but it's a lot of fuckery too.

i imagine they make a lot of money off of it?

that'd be enough for me to take the fuckery seriously.

Esch

Banned
]
Nah. Growing up in the Gundam school of mech design, I can't say I'm a fan of the mechawarrior-esque mechs either, and the character design sans the pilots is a tad on the bland side, but the overall aesthetic is far from generic.

Looks cribbed from Killzone Shadow Fall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know man, those pictures especially are making it look generic.

Those pillars look very Forerunner, and you can trace similar clfifside installations to stuff like Halo and ME. Looks pretty, but it is very straight sci-fi.

iavi

Looks cribbed from Killzone Shadow Fall.

I don't know man, those pictures especially are making it look generic.

Those pillars look very Forerunner, and you can trace similar clfifside installations to stuff like Halo and ME. Looks pretty, but it is very straight sci-fi.

Those aren't all that's in the game, though. The gallery I grabbed those shots from tell all.

http://imgur.com/a/SodOi

Even the beta maps had some incredibly interesting architectural design. I don't know a point of reference to compare it all to, but the forerunner-ish cliffside formations aren't all the game is, while maintaining consistent aesthetic overall--which never gets enough credit in itself.

And the mechs are just larger designs of shit taken straight from VOTOMS.

The mechs ain't my flavor either.

Thought the movie was great and the acting was magnificent. It's long and consistently heavy though, you need to be in the right mind for it I think.

This. It's like the film equivalent of a James Blake album.

overcast

I haven't played it yet, gonna pick up an x1 later in the year if they making that halo 2. It looks fun as hell. Bad graphics or whatever doesn't really bother me
Yeah, Xbone is tempting me quite a bit at this point. There is no way I don't grab a ps4 before though.

I'll end up getting Titanfall on 360 I think. Just to get a new online game to play the hell out of.

Squalor

Just watched 12 years a slave. Not gonna lie, that was boring as fuck, noracist
12 Years a Slave is a masterpiece.

Your lack of taste offends way more than if you were racist.

Anyway, did anyone see the pic that was floating around the Internet of the movie theater marquee that displayed 12 Years a Slave with a missing "2" and "s," so that it read 1 Year a Slave?

And everyone was like "A slave for a year? Eh, that's not so bad."

Courage

The TND Mastermind review is hilarious. I just wish he'd lighten up and enjoy the music for what it is, but he is a critic after all, so he tends to want the next innovation.

HiResDes

Anthony should never review another rap album that isn't made by Death Grips. His comment about Ross'instrumental choices couldn't have been further off base and how he glances over the great features as if they're a minor footnote is laughable.

KRS-One came up on my spotify. People forget how amazing he was. I haven't heard his new stuff, I kinda stopped listening to him when he started saying Hip-Hop could be a Religion and tried to write a Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom