• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luixfern

Theon was clearly just riding on emotion lol. I hope he survives like a cockroach, just dipping out of trouble. Like that dude from the Wire

I imagine the Bran stuff is all out of sync, but they really could have shot it in different order because Bran missing Jon is some serious blue-balling.

What dude from The Wire?

Biggest problem with the episode is the biggest problem I have with the series -- Dany's writing. There's little ambiguity as to whether or not she could end up being with like father, her dialogue is so overkill.

One minute Varys alludes to how cruel and awful Arys was and Dany then threatens to burn him alive and demands her would-be allies to bend the knee. Her whole exchange with Varys should have been reduced to a few lines. Her attitude and demeanor make her un flailing devotees look silly and un wise.

I hate Dany's writing too.

She just comes off as this queen who does a checklist of side quests before doing the main quest.... it's like she never takes off the crown and reveals her insecurities. She doesn't feel human and just feels so one dimensional.

I can understand that she is very focused in on what she wants and I think if she's going to die, then we'll get to see her die with some strong development, but Im hoping for some scenes where we see her show that she's a person.

Even Cersei has a ton of scenes that give us a behind-the-crown look at her. As evil as Cersei is, we realize her struggles with being a woman, loving her brother, hating her in-laws, etc. She's struggled so hard and is so strong and ruthless, but we see both sides to her.

Unless Im just forgetting Dany's scenes, everything about her subplots have felt unbelievable and weak to me, and it's just her commanding her bland hired army to do things and outsmart the dumb local leaders. She is so very boring and doesn't feel believable or likeable.

Im glad she's finally in Westeros and Im excited for her to finally get some development with Jon.

That was an awkward intimate scene , I wished to see John meeting Khaleesi on this episode oh well

Ladies, use the goddam poison !!! OMG!!! Euron was like a raid boss against lv 4 kids.

Dany reactions were out of context like she was trying hard to not laugh

Speevy

Banned
That was an awkward intimate scene , I wished to see John meeting Khaleesi on this episode oh well

Ladies, use the goddam poison !!! OMG!!! Euron was like a raid boss against lv 4 kids.

That thing they did to Trystane would have been really helpful in the battle too.

Zolo

I guess once Jorah gets back, he can try to impress Dany about how he basically got his infected skin flayed while managing to hold back screaming.

Truth be told the people that complain about Dany's writing, every season. Are the worst part of about her dialogue/scenes. Because it's never good enough.

lol

I know the timeline is not exactly linear and intentionally vague, but i think it looks silly when you compare that Tyrion sends a raven and Jon receives it in the same episode.

Not sure but they seemed to be just responding to the bolded one and not the others, that Nymeria could show up again because they could have filmed it at the same time they filmed this scene. :)

Speevy

Banned
My biggest problem with the war room scene is that no one gets that Cersei Lannister is the sole person keeping this operation going.

Dany understood that killing the masters in one slave city would free the slaves in that city. She didn't go around asking other slave cities for support.

I mean Westeros has one person who controls the huge army. Kill that person and you destroy the morale of the Lannisters. Then attack them. You also defeat Euron in the process since Cersei's throne is all he wants.

Euron seems like your normal brute. Kinda hoping he would have died in that battle and just end his story.

That thing they did to Trystane would have been really helpful in the battle too.

Both ladies managed to hit him directly and there was also a conversation about the poison yet no one bring a bottle , unless the surviving lady snake have the bottle hidden

My biggest problem with the war room scene is that no one gets that Cersei Lannister is the sole person keeping this operation going.

Dany understood that killing the masters in one slave city would free the slaves in that city. She didn't go around asking other slave cities for support.

I mean Westeros has one person who controls the huge army. Kill that person and you destroy the morale of the Lannisters. Then attack them. You also defeat Euron in the process since Cersei's throne is all he wants.

Too bad our godlike baker assassin got sentimental, again.

Euron seems like your normal brute. Kinda hoping he would have died in that battle and just end his story.

Plot armor gave him +5000 HP

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Code:
[IMG]https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/flx-editorial-wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/21105111/RT_GOT_ByTomatometer-lrg.jpg[/IMG]

There's a person out there who didn't like Battle of the Bastards.

Euron is the most anime character on the show. Dude's got power levels.

he really does. he took a bunch of hits without flinching. fishy VODs man he has to be hacking or something. wonder if that crazy cgi storm was some conjuring of his.

honestly these anime memes about the ep are pretty apt but i'm down with it. Shorter season orders always pointed to this as a likelihood. interviews saying they're ramping it up over and over...

Speevy

Banned
Did y'all notice that they included an instrumental cue from the sand snakes original battle introduction in this episode?

I laughed at that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The writing for Littlefinger is really bad all of a sudden. He just goes up to people to tell them things that'll piss them off. It's out of character, he's supposed to be this cunning and shrewd guy. He doesn't seem to be acting very strategically lately.

Otherwise, it was an alright episode. I liked the scene transitions.

Gnome

The writing for Littlefinger is really bad all of a sudden. He just goes up to people to tell them things that'll piss them off. It's out of character, he's supposed to be this cunning and shrewd guy. He doesn't seem to be acting very strategically lately.

You mind if I fuck Sansa? No? Okay...

Unless he knows Carcetti gave Sansa up to the Boltons which resulted in her rape, I don't know why Jon presented him with animosity to begin with.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Where are the Dany defenders after that scene? Dear God.

And what exactly was wrong with that scene? She told him to be forward with her and correct her if she let's the people down and not to conspire behind her back. Essentially saying to not be afraid to call her out, and not to let things add up to the point where he has to be all cloak and dagger. Rememeber, she has reason to not trust Varys due to him being the one who organised the plan to kill her. He doesn't even play it like the plan was designed to be thwarted by jorah either.

Wait so Dany knows the Sand Snakes poison a little girl and is still working with them?

You know Tormund right? You remember what he did to that village? You also remember how his buddy was eating the people they killed? Well he's now one of Jon's most loyal buddies. War makes some interesting bedfellows. Clearly she's not ok with harming civilians, but she's only able to control what happens from here on out.

Oh by the way, fuck Olenna.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wish these weren't unlisted so they would be much easier to find.

Yeah, I'm not even sure how people keep getting the links. I've just been seeing them on Reddit.

They never did this before, not sure why they feel like they need to hide them.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I hope Olenna's advice to Dany doesn't work against her

She needs to trust Tyrion. To trust Jon.

That scene soured me on Lady Olenna. All she wants is revenge, and because her family is wiped out, she doesn't care if hundreds of thousands die in her pursuit to kill Cersei.

Zolo

That scene soured me on Lady Olenna. All she wants is revenge, and because her family is wiped out, she doesn't care if hundreds of thousands die in her pursuit to kill Cersei.

Yeah. It's kinda funny we're at the point where Olenna's advice is bad.

Speevy

Banned

But killing Cersei will save thousands of lives. The Lannister men were loyal to Tywin because he commanded respect and was a capable diplomat. He had a strong will. Once Cersei is dead, Jaime will be named protector the realm or whatever dubious title they have for the him, and he'll see sense and surrender for the same reason.

Jaime has never once taken an action on this show that wasn't in direct response to the expectations of Tywin or Cersei. Whenever he's alone with one of the "good guys", he treats them with respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom