• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
That scene soured me on Lady Olenna. All she wants is revenge, and because her family is wiped out, she doesn't care if hundreds of thousands die in her pursuit to kill Cersei.

Olenna don't give a fuck. Well, to be accurate she gives even less of a fuck than she normally does.

Loke13

To be fair the bad guys always seem to be the ones who don't suffer from the 'reality vs fiction tropes' of the GoT universe.
Well that's not necessarily true just look at the state of the antagonist now. Tywin is dead,Joffery is dead, the Boltons are dead, the Freys are dead, Cersei lost all of her children and is on the losing end of a war for the country. This in comparison to where the antagonists were at the end of season 3. The villains have slowly been getting their comeuppance throughout the later half of the show.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How is there still no gif of Euron coming down that pank thing, I dunno the term, I thought for sure people would've gif'd it the second the episode was over. Shit was all kinds of badass.
Whenever he's alone with one of the "good guys", he treats them with respect.

I love this expect of Jaimie, dude legit has a lot of honor. I loved that bit where he was mad that those shitty ass Frey fuckers teamed up to kill the Blackfish. He knew he deserved better than the Freys.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So everyone agrees that the Sand Snakes are the biggest jobbers in all of fiction right?

No that distinction goes to Ser Barriston. Everyone and their mothers were hyping this guy up, and in the end he got taken out by some slave wanting rich boys in an alley. Getting killed by crazy eyes Euron Grejoy, or getting merked in an alley by douchebag prep boys. The latter is magnitudes more pathetic.

Gnome

No that distinction goes to Ser Barriston. Everyone and their mothers were hyping this guy up, and in the end he got taken out by some slave wanting rich boys in an alley. Getting killed by crazy eyes Euron Grejoy, or getting merked in an alley by douchebag prep boys...

Don't bring up Barristan, D&D did him dirtier than a Littlefinger whore.

Come to mention it... I've heard some people say his armor is actually Valyrian steel armor. 0.o

A joke? Because no fucking chance.

Jombie

Olenna don't give a fuck. Well, to be accurate she gives even less of a fuck than she normally does.

People are going to die no matter what. She doesn't want her to have any disillusions, and Olenna has never been the most empathetic character.

That scene soured me on Lady Olenna. All she wants is revenge, and because her family is wiped out, she doesn't care if hundreds of thousands die in her pursuit to kill Cersei.

Yeah. It's kinda funny we're at the point where Olenna's advice is bad.

I guess they gotta paint a shade for her, if not for anything else but for us to not like her. I just hope Dany doesn't start distrusting Tyrion because of her. Or starts grilling people more often like the way she did with Varys.

I wonder if the show ends like LoTR where Sam writes the Song of Ice and Fire history, much like Bilbo was writing whatever it was he was writing

Gnome

The show just showed you that her method is the best course of action for the current situation. Moving slowly just got half their fucking army blitzed by Jack Sparrows long lost brother.

Cerium

In the preview the Unsullied are already attacking Casterly Rock...

They got there by sea.

That might be the most impressive act of teleportation yet.

v1lla21

I thought it was gonna turn into a musical when Euron entered. That shit was dope. The greyscale transition was cool as fuck too. Lol.

Zolo

The show just showed you that her method is the best course of action for the current situation. Moving slowly just got half their fucking army blitzed by Jack Sparrows long lost brother.

They clearly underestimated Euron.....which shouldn't really happen when he's known as the most feared pirate in the world.

IKizzLE

In the preview the Unsullied are already attacking Casterly Rock...

They got there by sea.

That might be the most impressive act of teleportation yet.

The show doesn't do a good job when displaying days/weeks/months pass between weekly episodes.

Hydrus

Anyone else think the editing of the battle felt weird? Like there was a ton of cuts. It feels like the battle was meant to be longer, but they chopped the heck out of it to make it fit within the shows one hour.

So, was it that the Sand Snakes were not good fighters after all, or is Euron just Thanos reincarnated.

I could have sworn they got shots in but euron was invincible

Does he have a secret or something

Im still confused as to how he found that particular ship and how no one noticed them approach

The face Jorah made when he was being skinned

5808140_orig.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wow Jon ran circles around Sansa.

"U want the North so badly u can have it"
"Uuuuuuuh, fuck he's right"

Heshinsi

Samwell continues to be the only real good fun this season. Well, Arya is too, but apart from them it's an enormous tease. There has to be more along the way than "let's see how this turns out."

I couldn't believe that was being hooked in those Sam scenes. Maybe it's because I want Jorah to make it.

I think that is too obvious and they are setting up some plot development that shows that Jon isn't like his "father" and post revival Jon is much more like a Targaryen. I think the confrontation with Littlefinger was to show how he has changed and was foreshadowing some of the new darkness in him. In that case this Sansa stuff is a bit of a red herring.

Either that and/or the twist will be that Sansa really is much more like Cersei than Littlefinger calculated and has him killed.

Wow, it's not like the Targaryens were really any different from most other families. You don't have darkness in you simply because who their blood. Rhaegar was loved by everyone remember? He was also kind and very charitable.

Yeah, anyone else betraying 2 kings like that and we'd hate them. Dany ain't no dummy so she knows that she has to keep an eye on him, but she also knows how much she has helped him, and could tell he was telling the truth at the end.
Exactly. It really meant a lot to her when he spoke candidly about caring for the common people. Dany has been about that from the start.
If Jon bends the knee to Dany I'm done

Isn't that how most marriage proposals go?

Me not liking Dany doesn't have anything to do with her Queen ability. She would probably be one of the better options of everyone in the show.

I just don't really like her character or her scenes. She has some really cool ones, but idk it all just feels too easy for her post Season 1 (where she was in a really bad place but overcame it which is when I liked her)

Since then its basically I'm the mother of the dragons, yada yada yada, bend the knee, I'm Queen, I got Dragons, I basically just win at everything because that's how I'm written.

Most of the other main characters have a lot more depth to what is going on with them which is why I find them more compelling characters. I like Cersei in all her fucked upness vastly more than Dany

I can understand this sentiment. Her story did get bogged down, and people can have varying opinions as to whether they feel her successes are earned or not.

I think it's because the North and South of Westeros are like the West and East Coast of hip hop.
I can't wait for these guys to find out that their chosen one is really the son of the other coast's fabled prince. They're going to revolt lol.

Gnome

Wow, it's not like the Targaryens were really any different from most other families. You don't have darkness in you simply because who their blood. Rhaegar was loved by everyone remember? He was also kind and very charitable.

Not Robert, and that was enough.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wonder if the show ends like LoTR where Sam writes the Song of Ice and Fire history, much like Bilbo was writing whatever it was he was writing

It's going to be the mother of all title drops. They even foreshadowed it here with Sam suggesting something more "poetic" for the title to the Archmaester's book.

Elderly Sam at his writing table as he narrates the last parts of the war against the Night King to himself. At the end he closes the book he's writing. On the cover: A Song of Ice and Fire

ROLL CREDITS

Gnome

It's going to be the mother of all title drops. They even foreshadowed it here with Sam suggesting something more "poetic" for the title to the Archmaester's book.

Elderly Sam at his writing table as he narrates the last parts of the war against the Night King to himself. At the end he closes the book he's writing. On the cover: A Song of Ice and Fire

ROLL CREDITS

Nah, he'll title it: Game of Thrones by Benioff Weiss (pseudonym)

Heshinsi

Not Robert, and that was enough.

Lol there's always that one guy. Man I recently rewatched the first season, and that part where he tells Ned of all the women he would bang, and the whole bit about doing the seven. Buddy was infatuated with Lyanna, but I doubt he really loved her. He probably viewed her as a possession that was his by right due to her being betrothed to him.

I guess they gotta paint a shade for her, if not for anything else but for us to not like her. I just hope Dany doesn't start distrusting Tyrion because of her. Or starts grilling people more often like the way she did with Varys.
Nah, that shit was warranted. He did in fact work to have her killed for Robert, and she spent almost all her life believing that Varys was trying to kill her. But the minute he truly explained who he is fighting for, is the moment she realised that Varys was the truth. Hence why she requested he always be upfront with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom