• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
It's going to be the mother of all title drops. They even foreshadowed it here with Sam suggesting something more "poetic" for the title to the Archmaester's book.

Elderly Sam at his writing table as he narrates the last parts of the war against the Night King to himself. At the end he closes the book he's writing. On the cover: A Song of Ice and Fire

ROLL CREDITS
*DB&DB collect checks and Emmys*

nubbe

DgIpzWd.gif

Magwik

Banned
This episode just felt kind of wooden, I don't know how to explain it. The dialogue just never really hit for me, and felt like it was from a completely different show. The first episode was better, but for all intents and purposes it just feels boring.
The first episode I didn't have any issues with though /:

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I liked the confusion of the battle, but boy was I not feeling the characters in most of the bigger moments this ep.

I did like the smaller moments we got though, and that conversation with Varys is the first time I felt like I believed Varys fully.

Gnome

I liked the confusion of the battle, but boy was I not feeling the characters in most of the bigger moments this ep.

I did like the smaller moments we got though, and that conversation with Varys is the first time I felt like I believed Varys fully.

Really? He's shown time and time again whose side he's on, he's been the most consistent that way throughout the entire show. Ever since he refused to free Ned from the dungeon it's been clear and unwavering. He announced that shit like a thesis "I fight for the realm, my lord. Peace."

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Ellaria Sand is the single dumbest person to ever grace this show. So she committed regicide by killing her own children's uncle and their cousin, and what does she have to show for it? One dead innocent Lannister girl (who's also a member of her own family by marriage), two of her husband's daughters killed, and herself and her daughter captured and on their way to a twisted and demented Queen Cersei.

What a brilliant fucking plan Ellaria.

Grinchy

Banned
So, was it that the Sand Snakes were not good fighters after all, or is Euron just Thanos reincarnated.

What is dead may never die. The whole world will get killed off by whitewalkers and Euron will just be sitting there trying to make small talk with them as they stab and slash.

Machina

Banned
A couple of random thoughts:

- Welp, all you Dornish hating mother fuckers got what you wanted in a hurry. They're finished

- Really don't know where Theon/Reeks storyline goes from here. He is floating in the middle of the ocean as one of the more unlikable characters now. Let the broken bastard drown off screen and be done with it.

- Same thing with Littlefinger. His character has become a bit one dimensional in recent times. Unless Sansa does a 180 and becomes easily manipulated by him for whatever reason, he may cut and run from the North and try and ally the Vale with Cersei

- Looking forward to seeing Jon and Davos reactions to Melisandre being in Dragonstone. That should be something on its own.

- I wonder if Nymeria was just a short cameo or if there is more at play there. I can see Arya falling into danger while travelling North on her own and Nymeria and her pack swoop in to save the day. What would be even cooler is if she somehow bumps into the Hound and Dondarrion along the way.

- Fuck I feel bad for Greyworm. Having that woman ready to throw herself at you and you've got nothing there for her to play with. Someone needs to get into Messandei's ear about prostate massage and quickly.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
What do you think the fate of Jaime Lannister will be? Do you think he will eventually join the fight against the White Walkers, or do you think his story ends when/if the Lannister's hold on King's Landing ends?

Magwik

Banned
What do you think the fate of Jaime Lannister will be? Do you think he will eventually join the fight against the White Walkers, or do you think his story ends when/if the Lannister's hold on King's Landing ends?
Jaime will overthrow Cersei as a parallel the Mad King.

Zolo

Ellaria Sand is the single dumbest person to ever grace this show. So she committed regicide by killing her own children's uncle and their cousin, and what does she have to show for it? One dead innocent Lannister girl (who's also a member of her own family by marriage), two of her husband's daughters killed, and herself and her daughter captured and on their way to a twisted and demented Queen Cersei.

What a brilliant fucking plan Ellaria.
Ellaria and the Sand Snakes are pretty much the dumbest in the show. They killed their family to avenge Oberyn who wanted to avenge his family that was killed.

Future

I love the fact that Jon snow doesn't give a shit about politics or thrones. He saw the goddamn army of the dead wreck a city, and then as he flees, immediately raise the newly dead from the city to become part of his army. He doesn't got time for this shit

But no one believes him or cares cuz they don't know haha. Keep fighting the fight Jon

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Jaime will overthrow Cersei as a parallel the Mad King.

I think so too, but what then? Will he join the fight against the WW's or will he do his own thing?

To me the biggest questions about Jaime come after the storyline with Cersei wraps up(if it does).

Thank god those fucking sandsnakes are gone, hated them.
Arya will reach winterfell when it is wrecked somehow I guess, she doesn't get her happy ending this season.

Volimar

Wasn't Theon paddling after Euron's ship after he went overboard?

What if Bran shows up at Winterfell and spills the beans on R+L=J and Sansa uses that to take full control?

Dany said "bend the knee".

She's fucked.

Well... her whole mission is the rule the 7 kingdoms and that includes the north. Of course she an just Marry Jon and and accomplish the same thing.

A couple of things I still want to see though.

Jon Interacting with Danny's dragons.
A Tyrion and Sansa reunion
Sansa and Arya reunite

Magwik

Banned
I think so too, but what then? Will he join the fight against the WW's or will he do his own thing?

To me the biggest questions about Jaime come after the storyline with Cersei wraps up(if it does).
It would complete his arc of being for his family, removing Cersei from the throne and giving it to say Danny would essentially complete his turn into being a 'good guy'. Hell he may even sacrifice himself.
I think he could already sense Little Fucker's thirst for Sansa. He knows the dude didn't come all the way from the Veil out of the kindness of his heart.
With the way he was talking about Catelyn? Jon knows.

I enjoy that Littlefinger is trying to do his scheming shit and both Sansa and Jon just roll their eyes and say "fuck off, Baelish."

Hoping for him to get chomped by a direwolf as he's twirling his stupid mustache.

The writing for Littlefinger is really bad all of a sudden. He just goes up to people to tell them things that'll piss them off. It's out of character, he's supposed to be this cunning and shrewd guy. He doesn't seem to be acting very strategically lately.

Otherwise, it was an alright episode. I liked the scene transitions.
I think that's kind of the point. Littlefinger thrives in King's Landing and when warring families are fighting for power and such, but among ideologies driven by higher values and end-goals and who know him for what he is, all his cunning and shrewdness becomes much less effective

The writing for episode 2 felt off. Dany is still the charisma vacuum that she was from the start. And Euron might be the worst thing to come of last season. Still invested. Things just don't seem GoT levels of polished for once.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So how bad is GoT's war technology when a Ballista is a big deal?

Very bad. At the same time though they have portable liquid explosives so maybe not that bad?

:thinking:

Yara has always been a phoney horse to back, I feel

She is such a fodder bleh

Good riddance sandsnakes characters. And not a moment too soon, I say

Varys was great, at the opening scene.

I'm calling it know - Jamie is going to kill Cerse just like he killed the mad king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom