• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

televator

But she's dead now. Reek is just so goddamned useless.

I don't think he would've done all the Reek twitching, especially from seeing those people getting killed, if it was all a ruse. It's just Reek being Reek.

I doubt she's dead already. Lots of characters dropped like flies here. Why would they have her death be off screen?

I mean remeber Theon taking a huge risk to save Sansa. He was ready to give his life. That was a thing.

KHarvey16

Yeah what could possibly happen in King's Landing that might lead to her not dying? Oh well I wish they had a scene with a bunch of people around a map discussing plans. Missed opportunity.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
LOL at anyone surprised Theon took another opportunity to show he's a cowardly screw up. No redeeming him. Also, Sansa being given any modicum of responsibility or power when she has done nothing but make the worst possible decisions at every turn for 6 seasons.

Except, you know, using Littlefingers infatuation with her to literally save Jon Snow and win the battle of the bastards.

Zolo

Yeah what could possibly happen in King's Landing that might lead to her not dying? Oh well I wish they had a scene with a bunch of people around a map discussing plans. Missed opportunity.

Cersei will likely leave her fate to Euron. It's mainly Ellaria and Tyene that Cersei wants.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I doubt she's dead already. Lots of characters dropped like flies here. Why would they have her death be off screen?

I mean remeber Theon taking a huge risk to save Sansa. He was ready to give his life. That was a thing.

She was hanging by the neck off the bow of the ship like an ornament.

I felt the Nym scene was to show that Arya doesn't belong in the North and that she was going to go back South.

Either that, or it wasn't Nym, but Lady... or did Lady die?

I never even though about it really until people started talking about it in this thread but yeah, I could easily see some sort of Dragon shenanigans going down to reveal Jon's true heritage to him / Dany.

I assumed that it was going to just be Bran telling him when they finally met back up, but considering he's now gonna be straight up with Dragon's its awfully easy to just reveal it here.

I'm actually surprised Euron didn't just kill Yara then and there. His whole end game is wanting to kill her and Theon and keeping her alive serves no purpose to Cersei, unlike Ellaria Sand.

nbraun80

I felt the Nym scene was to show that Arya doesn't belong in the North and that she was going to go back South.

It was Nym and it was more meant to show she was still alive but she's not a domesticated animal anymore, she's on her own living her own life, kinda like Arya now.

"We have it at Dragonstone" doesn't mean they know of the mine full of the stuff. They need copious amounts of it, not just scraps on the island.

What Sam discovered in that book is the location of the mine.
my point is Stannis knew about the dragonglass which means Davos probably knew about the dragonglass. For all we know, Stannis knew about all the caves but Sam underestimated how much dragonglass Stannis claimed to have seen there. That's what it sounded like to me. "Stannis told me about it, but I didn't think..."
You are a robot.
calm your mind

I bet plenty of people are celebrating that 2 of the sand snake girls are dead. The fate of "bad poosi" girl will probably be ironic considering what those men will do to her.

Sam really has the most disgusting scenes in the season.

Nice reunion between Arya and Nymeria, but I doubt we'll see more of the direwolf because story wise she's on her own path now and production wise, the crew has to travel to Canada to film those scenes.

I don't mind the sex scene but I'm afraid that having a long scene between Greyworm and Missandei means he'll be dead soon.

It was the right choice for Theon to jump ship. He realized Euron was baiting him and fighting him will just get Yara killed, or worse, end up in captivity again. We see him surveying at the slaughter around him so I think it was a calculated choice and not just him turning back to Reek.

One thing that really bothers me is that we see Jon receiving a Raven from Sam and Tyrion and yet still no word from the Night's Watch that Bran is alive. wtf?

The directors explained it in the BtS. Basically, "that's not you" was a parallel to her saying "that's not me" to Ned in season 1 in reference to him showing her what royal life as a lady would be like.

Nym has been in the wild for so long that becoming a domesticated dog again doesn't make sense, much like Arya taking her own path in life away from the politics/all that

Speevy

Banned
I actually didn't like the nudity either. They actually turned a really tender moment into a Littlefinger brothel scene.

It was Nym and it was more meant to show she was still alive but she's not a domesticated animal anymore, she's on her own living her own life, kinda like Arya now.

So Arya is still heading north?

God Im so desperate for the reunion. I hope Reek gets in on it too, that guy has got it worse of all.

Hopefully Dany does Jon an ace and lets him take the dragon back home like a taxi.

Sansa is playing Littlefinger. The whole show she puts on in these townhalls is for him.

Also Jon is obviously doing the right thing given the situation.

Could definitely see this.
She has seemingly slipped in some points she probably believes within them, like the ones she referenced when she and Jon had their talk outside, but I think you're right on the follow through of what she's been doing. Their entire storyline has been building towards an extended mind game confrontation between them and it's been brewing. And how she used him to save Jon. And like Valar Morghulis posted, I definitely agree there will be at least one more big play from him.

Yup.

Jombie

Biggest problem with the episode is the biggest problem I have with the series -- Dany's writing. There's little ambiguity as to whether or not she could end up being with like father, her dialogue is so overkill.

One minute Varys alludes to how cruel and awful Arys was and Dany then threatens to burn him alive and demands her would-be allies to bend the knee. Her whole exchange with Varys should have been reduced to a few lines. Her attitude and demeanor make her un flailing devotees look silly and un wise.

Javaman

I could see Cercsi killing the remaining sand snake as revenge for her daughter and using the mom as a hostage to keep Dorn out of the battle. Same for Yara, hostage.

Calm Mind

The best thing about this season is the pacing. Every scene is so exciting. Even the slower ones. Also, whoever is doing the transitions this season deserves an Emmy.

I legit thought Theon was having a PTSD attack when he saw them dudes get scalped and murdered.

Really like the episode and I feel like Clarke's acting got a little better.

It was the right choice for Theon to jump ship. He realized Euron was baiting him and fighting him will just get Yara killed, or worse, end up in captivity again. We see him surveying at the slaughter around him so I think it was a calculated choice and not just him turning back to Reek.

One thing that really bothers me is that we see Jon receiving a Raven from Sam and Tyrion and yet still no word from the Night's Watch that Bran is alive. wtf?

Theon was clearly just riding on emotion lol. I hope he survives like a cockroach, just dipping out of trouble. Like that dude from the Wire

I imagine the Bran stuff is all out of sync, but they really could have shot it in different order because Bran missing Jon is some serious blue-balling.

Allforce

I bet plenty of people are celebrating that 2 of the sand snake girls are dead. The fate of "bad poosi" girl will probably be ironic considering what those men will do to her.

Sam really has the most disgusting scenes in the season.

Nice reunion between Arya and Nymeria, but I doubt we'll see more of the direwolf because story wise she's on her own path now and production wise, the crew has to travel to Canada to film those scenes.

I don't mind the sex scene but I'm afraid that having a long scene between Greyworm and Missandei means he'll be dead soon.

I feel like you are under the impression that they film these episodes as they're airing....

Biggest problem with the episode is the biggest problem I have with the series -- Dany's writing. There's little ambiguity as to whether or not she could end up being with like father, her dialogue is so overkill.

One minute Varys alludes to how cruel and awful Arys was and Dany then threatens to burn him alive and demands her would-be allies to bend the knee. Her whole exchange with Varys should have been reduced to a few lines. Her attitude and demeanor make her un flailing devotees look silly and un wise.
I wonder if they are intentionally trying to start making her unlikeable.

I think she just needs to meet Jon to cool things over, with ice. Some Jon is what the Dragon Queen needs right now.

Brashnir

I mean, the only thing that mattered this week was Hot Pie.

I don't even know what all of this bellyaching is about. As soon as the scene cut from Jorah being flayed to the pie, I hit pause on my DVR and yelled "That's a hot fucking pie!
MOTHERFUCKING HOT PIE BITCHES," and then unpaused, and there he was.

The true king of Westeros.

I feel like you are under the impression that they film these episodes as they're airing....

lol

I know the timeline is not exactly linear and intentionally vague, but i think it looks silly when you compare that Tyrion sends a raven and Jon receives it in the same episode.

Disgraced

Delicious.
Einchy
semen stains the mountaintops
(Today, 10:37 PM)
I mean, the only thing that mattered this week was Hot Pie.

I don't even know what all of this bellyaching is about. As soon as the scene cut from Jorah being flayed to the pie, I hit pause on my DVR and yelled "That's a hot fucking pie!
MOTHERFUCKING HOT PIE BITCHES," and then unpaused, and there he was.
I mean, I'm the largely desensitized to gross shit on the screen type too, but look man, if I was eating clam chowder during that transition, I would've paused. Not the TV, but me eating my clam chowder.

Brashnir

Yo if Theon is saved by
Gendry in the same fucking boat
I will laugh so hard

That would be the lamest thing imaginable. Gendry would have to have been in that boat for years. He would have starved to death years ago.

Now, him ending up on the same little bit of rock
Davos was on, and then being rescued by Davos on his way to Dragonstone... that might make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom