• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
My biggest OH SHIT moment was probably the red wedding. Didn't see it coming. Didn't know the show was capable of that.

I miss when the show was a little smaller and a little less focused on huge plot turns, but as we careen towards the end I can embrace the spectacle.

My biggest OH SHIT moment was probably the red wedding. Didn't see it coming. Didn't know the show was capable of that.

I miss when the show was a little smaller and a little less focused on huge plot turns, but as we careen towards the end I can embrace the spectacle.
I already knew about the Red Wedding before watching the show, so the out of nowhere oh shit moment for me was Joffrey dying

I still cant revisit the Red Wedding. I dont think I've ever been so devastated by any media or entertainment like that. I refuse to do it.

sangreal

The red wedding blew me away. I didn't see it coming at all. Same with Ned, but that was different. After the red wedding you are kind of expecting every major scene to go that way. Still, there are many minor surprises out of nowhere.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The Red Wedding was bad enough and then they do this shit.
fe8u4G7.gif

Something about them desecrating his body like that got me so angry.

i think the viper fight is this for me. Oberyn you were the chosen one :(

I had a feeling that was coming. I was still sad since I really loved that character but his overconfidence in the fight was like a death flag that I saw coming a mile away.

I do remember screaming FUCK THIS SHOW for the rest of the night though lol

The Red Wedding was bad enough and then they do this shit.
fe8u4G7.gif

Something about them desecrating his body like that got me so angry.

Yeah man. I fucking die every time something happens to the wolves. The sheer disrespect in that scene just made me feel so goddamn hopeless. Sigh.

What a great season that was but I never want to revisit it lol

Finishing my s6 rewatch, on last ep. Tonight is about to be hype.
Edit: I still remember those Cersei play of the game gifs haha

Goodstyle

Cersei's still a bitch and Tyrion hasn't done anything interesting since he
left King's Landing

Hardly what I'd call the best house.

Cersei being a bitch doesn't preclude her from being the best. She has consistently been the most compelling character on the show, and the season 6 finale further proved that.

Tyrion stopped being interesting in season 5, but those first 4 seasons of his arc were legendary. He had his conclusion back at the end of S4, but it doesn't mean it never happened.

Cersei
Jaime
Tyrion
Tywin
Joffrey

Those characters carried this show on their backs.

Einchy

Why the fuck is it so hard to renew HBO Now? Like, why can't I just do it on THEIR website? I have to figure out how to do it using my iPhone or something.

[edit]

By the way, is HBO now limited to 720p in chrome like Netflix is?

So, I will put down five names that I think will die this season, you can join me too, with this fun little game.

1. Yara Greyjoy
2. Varys
3. The Hound
4. The Mountain
5. Davos

Einchy

So, I was trying to see if there's a quality difference between Chrome and Edge, turns out there isn't, but the colors are completely fucked up in Chrome.

Chrome.
YVof0be.png

Edge.
Rs0wi5P.png

The fuck?

sangreal

So, I was trying to see if there's a quality difference between Chrome and Edge, turns out there isn't, but the colors are completely fucked up in Chrome.

Chrome.
YVof0be.png

Edge.
Rs0wi5P.png

The fuck?

looks like chrome is mishandling 16-235 to 0-255 conversion

might be in your video card settings

fantomena

I gotta watch those episodes again...

MIGUEL SAPOCHNIK DADIRECTOROFDASHOW

Still sad that he didn't direct anything for season 7 (I know he directed something for Altered Carbon, but just 1 episode according to IMDB seems very little in order to not have time for season 7, but there's probably more to it). I really hope he's back for season 8 for at least 2 episodes.

Chrome.
YVof0be.png

Edge.
Rs0wi5P.png

The fuck?

I wish HBO would just make a standalone HBO Now app for the Windows store, like Netflix did.

The villains of this show have had far more interesting arcs than the heroes save for maybe Arya and even her story got dumb last year.

Still sad that he didn't direct anything for season 7 (I know he directed something for Altered Carbon, but just 1 episode according to IMDB seems very little in order to not have time for season 7, but there's probably more to it). I really hope he's back for season 8 for at least 2 episodes.

fucking seriously

BriGuy

I would give GRRM huge props if he ended the show/books with the white walkers triumphant because humanity couldn't get its shit together. It would also be super relevant given the situation we find ourselves in now.

Protein

Banned
I would give GRRM huge props if he ended the show/books with the white walkers triumphant because humanity couldn't get its shit together. It would also be super relevant given the situation we find ourselves in now.

I imagine a post-apocalyptic Westeros. The Night King doesn't look like he's fucking around.

There would be riots. Not even troll Martin would do that.

Einchy

People in Essos would be scared shitless of Westeros but they would help with global warming. So it's not all bad.

He should just direct all 6. I imagine it's basically going to be an epic 6 hour movie with the budget of a big blockbuster

GreyWind

I wish HBO would just make a standalone HBO Now app for the Windows store, like Netflix did.
So lucky in Canada we have TMN Go for Windows and Xbox One. While still holds the old Windows 8 design the app is super helpful for HBO shows. Only downside is we get live TV shows after it airs on TV.

HBO should port the Xbox app to the Win store. It isn't that difficult.

HotHamBoy

So, I will put down five names that I think will die this season, you can join me too, with this fun little game.

1. Yara Greyjoy
2. Varys
3. The Hound
4. The Mountain
5. Davos

I don't seen any of those characters dying this season. Maybe in the final season.

They didn't bring back The Hound just to kill him off again right away. Varys is in it til the end. Davos has escaped death too often and is too tragic to die right now. Yara might die in Seaaon 8 but not yet.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I've got my money on Brienne biting it first out of any major characters. Her motivation is pretty much used up, her storyline is done.

Leave her out of the screen just like any normal show. They don't have to kill her character :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom