• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnome

How about boltons? Or some of the other northern houses?
I was only thinking of the houses that are wardens of Westeros.

I guess you could count the Boltons, but as a viewer you always kind of knew they wouldn't control the North until the very end.

Safe to say Jon Snow is the best swordsman in all of Westeros?

Nah. Brienne, the Mountain, and the Hound are all better. Jon is probably equal to someone like Bronn or Jorah.

Edit: I forgot the Hound is pretty gimp now. You also have to consider Barric Dondarrion, who is still alive.

Ridli

Sweet summer winds it's been too damn long. But it's finally time again. Time for the heartbreak to return.

I can't wait to see how my favorite characters will be savaged this year.

Steejee

Safe to say Jon Snow is the best swordsman in all of Westeros?

Perhaps. I think Brienne would beat him.

Rewatching this episode reminds me just how insane GoT production values are. This is a TV Show and this battle looks like something right out of a blockbuster movie, better fight choreography than many movies to boot (looking at you Battle of the Five Armies...)

I know, arrows are mostly deadly because of volleys... not a single archer

Even as I joke about it, it doesn't really bother me too much. He's still young, panicked, sees his brother coming for him. Only thing in his head is to run to Jon as fast as he can, probably not any sort of reasonable survival strategy. Plus, even if Jon had reached him in time, Ramsay was going to land a volley of arrows on both of them as soon as he could. What does sorta bother me in this episode is Sansa not saying a damn thing about the Vale knights ahead of time.

jfkgoblue

I love how that arrow volley shows the stark difference between a commander who respects his men and one who doesn't give a shit about them.

Currently rewatching the show. Only on Season 2 Episode 5. Should I wait until I completely finish the show again or start watching Season 7 tonight/tomorrow while continuing the rewatch? I'm not worried about spoilers but I am really excited for the new season and the wait has already been unbearable.

Ogni-XR21

It's 1:35 AM here and now I'm not sure if I should stay up until 3 AM to watch it live (apparently it will be available when it airs in the US). I don't have to work tomorrow but it would really mess up my sleep cycle..

Still can't unsee Sweetums whenever I see the giant.

latest

mokeyjoe

I was only thinking of the houses that are wardens of Westeros.

I guess you could count the Boltons, but as a viewer you always kind of knew they wouldn't control the North until the very end.

Nah. Brienne, the Mountain, and the Hound are all better. Jon is probably equal to someone like Bronn or Jorah.

Edit: I forgot the Hound is pretty gimp now. You also have to consider Barric Dondarrion, who is still alive.

The Mountain was never really much of a swordsman though, just huge. And Brienne beat The Hound, and I'm not sure if he's at 100% now anyway. The Hound beat Beric, I don't think he's at the top of his game these days anyway.

Jamie was the best and Brienne could just about stand her ground against him (albeit weakened). She's probably the best remaining sword fighter in Westeros.

To be honest it's hard to tell exactly how good Jon Snow is. I think he's supposed to be up there though.

ascii42

One thing I didn't notice when I watched Battle of the Bastards was that the shield Jon picks up at the end was a House Mormont shield. That's a nice touch. One of Lyanna's 62 men made it into Winterfell.

FiggyCal

Banned
Yeah. I think Dorne is the major weakpoint of the show. I hope they step up the writing on that one.

The Mountain was never really much of a swordsman though, just huge. And Brienne beat The Hound, and I'm not sure if he's at 100% now anyway. The Hound beat Beric, I don't think he's at the top of his game these days anyway.

Jamie was the best and Brienne could just about stand her ground against him (albeit weakened). She's probably the best remaining sword fighter in Westeros.

To be honest it's hard to tell exactly how good Jon Snow is. I think he's supposed to be up there though.

The hound was injured when he fought Brienne, IIRC. So it wasn't really a fair fight.

I still don't get why Sansa didn't tell Jon the Vale was coming.

Bad writing or Sansa was secretly hoping for Jon to die. There's really no other plausible reason as to why she didn't tell Jon about the possibility of reinforcements. She knew how desperate he was for more men.

jfkgoblue

Bad writing or Sansa was secretly hoping for Jon to die. There's really no other plausible reason as to why she didn't tell Jon about the possibility of reinforcements. She knew how desperate he was for more men.
But that doesn't make sense either because she tried to get him to call off the attack

I dont think she made the decision to involve little finger until after her fight with Jon in the tent. She realized jon was going to lose and she wasn't about to go back to Ramsey.

Although it begs the question. How did sansa ride all the way to moat caylin rally the army and March all the way to winterfell in a day.

Aikidoka

I read that with the HBO channel on Amazon you can link it to HBO Now and watch the episode tonight when it airs. Is that true?

FiggyCal

Banned
I dont think she made the decision to involve little finger until after her fight with Jon in the tent. She realized jon was going to lose and she wasn't about to go back to Ramsey.

Although it begs the question. How did sansa ride all the way to moat caylin rally the army and March all the way to winterfell in a day.

She just sent a raven. (I think)

But I also want to add that she probably didn't trust/like Baelish after he sold her off to the Boltons. Maybe that's why it didn't occur to her to ask for his help at first.

Gnome

Man. Everybody is just so fucked up lol. Jon, Hound, Mountain, and Berric have all been dead or considered dead at some point.

Rewatching this episode reminds me just how insane GoT production values are. This is a TV Show and this battle looks like something right out of a blockbuster movie, better fight choreography than many movies to boot (looking at you Battle of the Five Armies...)

Yeah, it's impressive as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom