• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PepperedHam

Great episode, lots of stuff happened. Sam the GOAT saving my boy Jorah, Jorah getting to shake someone's hand again warmed my heart.

Jaime: "There are always lessons in failures"

Olenna: "Yes, you must be very wise by now"

Holy shit, Olenna killed Jaime even when she accepted death.

Ridli

Oh and I know it's minor but hooray for Sam getting some recognition. He really only had like 5 people tolerate him at Castle Black, it's nice he's able to hang with the top doctors... (even if I can't stop seeing Inspector Butterman in the archmaester).

zeemumu

The Iron Island Navy is absolutely using cheats at this point.

Even with the idea of time skips, it's ridiculous that a single navy fleet can somehow intercept half a fleet that is going in the same direction as the other half of the same fleet, and somehow sneak attack the latter fleet during a siege on a city where you need to sail around the entire continent

UnripeFewAracari.gif

I feel like Bran just telling Jon his origin is too easy.

I feel like he's gonna find out some other way. And it might have to do with the dragons.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I fully expected Dany to come over and be God mode and pretty much run through her with one big battle scene. It subverted my expectations actually having her getting owned so far

I think we all did for the most part. I know for myself, I was definitely expecting Dany to come home and beat some ass almost immediately.

=====================

Not gonna lie, I was hoping for a Sansa / Arya reunion tonight, and when that dude came running telling the older Stark girl to go to the gate I immediately jumped up and began clapping. That swerve. LOL

I love Euron. Yes he's God Mode almost to the point of not even being believable but he is charming in his own fucked up way.

Fun character

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I feel like Bran just telling Jon his origin is too easy.

I feel like he's gonna find out some other way. And it might have to do with the dragons.

well... the only way to know for sure would be like that

much like white walkers, no one will believe until you see. Doesn't matter what a crazy cripple who is also a stark says about his brother/cousin/whoever

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
No Arya makes me wonder if she will be at Winterfell by next week but I feel like 2 Stark re-nuins back to back might lessen the impact. Wouldn't surprise me if she gets back with the Brotherhood for an episode or two before reaching Winterfell.

FiggyCal

Banned
The Iron Island Navy is absolutely using cheats at this point.

Even with the idea of time skips, it's ridiculous that a single navy fleet can somehow intercept half a fleet that is going in the same direction as the other half of the same fleet, and somehow sneak attack the latter fleet during a siege on a city where you need to sail around the entire continent

I think its safe to assume they split up - Euron didn't need that many soldiers for Yara and Sandsnakes. But the unsullied were able to get to Casterly Rock in what, a couple of days? There are some real problems going on.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Dany doesn't even need three dragons to wreck Euron's fleet. Ten good men. Nah...ONE GOOD DRAGON. Euron's fleet is fucking ridiculous.

denx

Yep. They wouldn't have shown that stuff with the giant crossbow unless one of the dragons is dying. Otherwise it would have straight up been pointless

The last shot of the season is going to be the Night King bringing back one of Dany's dragons as a wight.

Guys what if *shocker* Euron has part of his fleet on the Narrow Sea and the other part stationed at the Iron Islands? Would explain how they managed to catch so quickly the Unsullied fleet at Casterly Rock.

Euron's flagship was leading that fleet and we know he was in King's Landing.

We all just need to understand that the show runners have to get shit done with accelerated travelling. We'll all be much happier for it.

Dai101

Banned
I actually like how Cersei is outplaying Dany here. It actually caught me off guard.

I fully expected Dany to come over and be God mode and pretty much run through her with one big battle scene. It subverted my expectations actually having her getting owned so far

Nah. is like when you were playing SMB3 and had a P-Wing but you insisted in play that level in normal until you had spent 1 hour and said "FUCK IT imma use that shit"?

RDreamer

Almost everything about that episode was good except Euron. He continues to be terrible. It's kind of amazing that a show that had/has villains like Cersei, Joffrey, and even Jaime, along with a bunch of other smaller ones, can have such awful ones like Ramsay and Euron now.

VDenter

Banned
Well Bran seems knows who was the one to have sent a killer after him in season 1 with the dagger. At least i think he knows? If he does he pretty much knows everything. Which explains why he is so depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom