• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Awful acting. The 3 eyed raven that Bran met had more humanity, although he had been the 3 eyed raven for a much longer time.

If she you have an issue with his portrayal, then it's not his awful acting, it's the directing and script. It's obvious he's supposed to not be all there, be it just temporarily, or permanently. Sansa runs of to him, crying, and hugs him but he doesn't even show any emotions, that's not bad acting, that's just the way they wanted him to be.

She really is and it sucks because she wanted to do it the 'right' way. She could've won this war in episode one if she wanted.
Oh, she's still going to win this "war" in my opinion. She was OP coming into this season, so I think this was just a way to make it a bit more fair.

denx

Guys what if *shocker* Euron has part of his fleet on the Narrow Sea and the other part stationed at the Iron Islands? Would explain how they managed to catch so quickly the Unsullied fleet at Casterly Rock.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Cersei is gonna fuck up somehow and end up screwing herself over. Either by sleeping with Euron and pissing off Jaime, or something else she'll do.

Someone that evil and that singularly focused will always fall.

Best episode of the season so far IMO. Dany getting beat at every turn adds more fuel to the idea that she will eventually be forced to make a hard decision on using the dragons or not.

I guess it makes sense that Bran is a changed man.

It was just kinda unsettling to see two actual Starks get a reunion and immediately one reminds the other they were raped.

I need Arya to get back so there can be an actual normal Stark reunion loool.

Loxley

This guy with the infinite amount of god mode boats is annoying. How did he take them by suprise again? It was broad daylight.

I feel like they can only pull this so many times. I like Euron but it's a bit ridiculous how this character came out of nowhere and is so immediately overpowered. I assume the books will do a better job of explaining/showing his tactics instead of having his armada just teleport wherever the plot requires him to be.

Ridli

Also, I get that Dany couldn't just have it super easy coming into Westeros, but Euron's outrageous amount of success makes Cersei's victories seem super cheap.

At least Olenna goes out like a G. As soon as she drank I was chanting "tell him.. tell him" at the screen.

zeemumu

Remember those boats who turned up to save Minas Tirith in Return of the King?

GUESS WHO WAS DRIVING THOSE BOATS?!

UnripeFewAracari.gif

I understand why they had Bran zoom right to Winterfell, but it would've been nice to have a seen or two at Castle Black. However, I guess since most of the Nights Watch knows what is coming, Bran wouldn't really have anything new to tell them?

I actually like how Cersei is outplaying Dany here. It actually caught me off guard.

I fully expected Dany to come over and be God mode and pretty much run through her with one big battle scene. It subverted my expectations actually having her getting owned so far

Einchy

Oh, she's still going to win this "war" in my opinion. She was OP coming into this season, so I think this was just a way to make it a bit more fair.

She could still win, and I think she will, but it's gonna get a fuuuuck ton of people killed. Her army, and the people of King's Landing, are gonna end up pretty fucked by the end of it.

Definitely not the road she wanted to go down but it's the one she will be forced to take.

So how did Jamie know they were going to take Casterly Rock?

Yeah I don't get this. They're just getting blindsided at every turn. It's amateurish and Tyrion thinks he's just clever and none of it works.

Probably worth considering that Jaime knows how Tyrion thinks, the Targaryan's only allies are/were two major houses thousands of miles away from her chosen battle destinations, and the Tyrells lost their best general to ambition. Dany trying to brute force her way to the hardest boss battles without leveling properly was bound to blow up in her face. If she wanted the Iron Throne, she should have just straight up parked a dragon on Cersei's doorstep. The preview seems to hint that this (and I imagine, the Dothraki) is plan C.

TheRed

Really good episode.

The only disappointment was Casterly Rock. After all this time we finally get to see it and...I thought it was kind of disappointing. I was expecting something far more grand and extravagant.
I agree, even if it was abandoned and there wasn't a cool battle I expected to be amazed by its beauty at least as much as I was by the Tarly's place.

Another angle here is that all this losing initially makes Dany's victories if/when they happen that much more satisfying. They are making her the underdog so she's easier to root for. Before she had so many advantages. Now she has so few.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Bran crossed the wall just to come tell his sister that she looked pretty the night she was raped. What a guy.

She could still win, and I think she will, but it's gonna get a fuuuuck ton of people killed. Her army, and the people of King's Landing, are gonna end up pretty fucked by the end of it.

Definitely not the road she wanted to go down but it's the one she will be forced to take.
Oh yeah, the miscues are piling up pretty high right now. That Northern alliance needs to happen pretty soon, for her sake.

If she you have an issue with his portrayal, then it's not his awful acting, it's the directing and script. It's obvious he's supposed to not be all there, be it just temporarily, or permanently. Sansa runs of to him, crying, and hugs him but he doesn't even show any emotions, that's not bad acting, that's just the way they wanted him to be.

Sure, collaborative responsibility. Could have been colder, obviously, but not that daft. The old three eyed raven was empathetic, reacted to things around him, cared about how Bran developed.

Griss

We're still expecting Bran to control one of the dragons, right?

Dany rides Drogon, Jon rides Rhaegal, Tyrion rides Vyserion. Tyrion is killed and when all hope seems lost Bran takes over Vyserion pilots it remotely.

There, there's how it's going down. And this will happen in the 2nd last episode of the last season. Boom.

NSESN

I think Davos will save the unsullied from being starved. Just like he did with Stannis in the siege of Storm's End.

Xamdou

Can't wait until whichever upcoming ep where Bran will tell Jon of his origins, this has been years in the making! (I made this comment since Bran said he needs to talk to Jon while chatting with Sansa during this ep 3)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Just some examples of the things Bran has seen:
Jon getting stabbed by his own men including his battle with the white walkers:
tumblr_inline_o6630ggQZQ1qf7f5h_500.gif

game-of-thrones-boned.gif

Rickon's fate:
rickonarrows.gif

Not just Sansa's wedding night but ALL the nights....
tumblr_now7mbsvmt1ruwssto4_250.gif

Arya's descent into a cold hearted assassin:
tumblr_o9exowtBE91s95j2so4_250.gif

Likely a replay of the Red Wedding:
image.jpg

even seeing just those things in rapid succession would likely break someone yet he's seen much more than that, including all this shit happening in the North with the white walkers:
untitled-219.gif

Another angle here is that all this losing initially makes Dany's victories if/when they happen that much more satisfying. They are making her the underdog so she's easier to root for. Before she had so many advantages. Now she has so few.

Yeah, I feel like this is gonna even out before this season is over.

I'm not even really rooting for Dany as much as I am rooting for not Cersei. :p

But credit where credit is due, she's on fire right now.

The Iron Island Navy is absolutely using cheats at this point.

Even with the idea of time skips, it's ridiculous that a single navy fleet can somehow intercept half a fleet that is going in the same direction as the other half of the same fleet, and somehow sneak attack the latter fleet during a siege on a city where you need to sail around the entire continent

Bran crossed the wall just to come tell his sister that she looked pretty the night she was raped. What a guy.

She wanted him to explain, he said it's hard...

She said, please try, for me.

So he did. Don't blame him, I'm sure he rather not have seen that because he'd rather it not have happened.

Yeah Bran is obviously weird as hell right now but I think that's the point. He's becoming detached from his "humanity" and is becoming the Three Eyed Raven.

Einchy

I'm glad they didn't show us Olenna actually dying, or hesitating drinking the poison. Badass, dignified and still winning all her verbal battles to the very end.

"does she like a finger in the bum?
*Jaime's eyes widen*
"shhh, not right now"
*walks away*

and

"that was Joffrey's sword. what was the name of it again?"
"Widow's Wail."
"he really was a cunt, wasn't he?"

best dialogue of the episode lol

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Does anyone know how big of an army the Tyrell's are supposed to have? I mean they went down like chumps. And they had the advantage of being protected by a castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom