• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep count me pleasantly surprised in how that was handled. I was saying last week how mad I would be if my boy Jon bent the knee, and he didn't.

And their interactions were pretty believable and felt true to both characters. I was worried the whole thing would be forced but it played well. Much better than I feared

Yeah love how awkward it was at the beginning and how they point out how they're literal strangers.

The last conversation with them in this ep was great and showed they need to get to know one another.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That Bran scene is why I have zero faith in D&D for handling Confederate properly .

I think their intent was to show how different Bran has become since he's taken the mantle of the Three Eyed Raven. Like, he must've seen some crazy shit, shit that we may not even be aware of. Hell can't he see into the future? So he may even know what the endgame will be when everything is said and done. lol

Bran probably knows the shit Littlefinger has pulled right?
I think Bran kills him.

Earlier in the episode LF is all "you need to see everything at once and you'll never be surprised".

Then 10 mins later Bran shows up and probably knows he tried to have him killed.

Im sure there'll be a mini arc of Bran realizing that hes a stark before the 3 eyed raven and get some of his personality back.

Yep count me pleasantly surprised in how that was handled. I was saying last week how mad I would be if my boy Jon bent the knee, and he didn't.

And their interactions were pretty believable and felt true to both characters. I was worried the whole thing would be forced but it played well. Much better than I feared

Yup, they absolutely nailed it I think.

And Tyrion and Davos had great little contributions as well during it.

Loved how it was done.

Diabelli

Yep, Euron is fucking awful. He's a crutch for the writers to use to hurry this shit along and get to that finish line. Need a fleet destroyed, let's use Euron. Need a dragon killed, let's use Euron.

Surely he could have just bought up the time when the hound stopped Sansa from killing herself.

Surely you weren't paying attention when watching.

Bran said he has only seen fragments. You think he's seen every single bit of history, every location, every person, everywhere, at all points in time. How ridiculous is that?

Meowster

I felt like that was the best Emilia Clarke has been in a really long time. I loved her scenes today with Jon Snow - very true dialogue from both characters and their feelings and motivations.

demolitio

I'm so glad Jon held strong since now Dany has no real choice.

Olenna died in a way that suited her character at least. It's nice knowing that these Lannister victories won't last this time around. We've been conditioned to wait for the payoff anyway knowing justice doesn't come quickly in GoT, if at all.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I think Bran kills him.

Earlier in the episode LF is all "you need to see everything at once and you'll never be surprised".

Then 10 mins later Bran shows up and probably knows he tried to have him killed.

Im sure there'll be a mini arc of Bran realizing that hes a stark before the 3 eyed raven and get some of his personality back.

Killing Little Finger is tricky because it could get the Knight's of the Vale to desert Sansa. They would've have to kill him in a way that could never be tied back to Sansa or the Starks.

Barzul

I think their intent was to show how different Bran has become since he's taken the mantle of the Three Eyed Raven. Like, he must've seen some crazy shit, shit that we may not even be aware of. Hell can't he see into the future? So he may even know what the endgame will be when everything is said and done. lol

But if he's seen all that, he's also seen the effect it had on her yet he still mentioned it. It was handled poorly in my opinion. It's not like Sansa hasn't had many shitty moments to pull from. I was ok with him hinting at it, but saying she looked beautiful in a white dress just made it super creepy.

zeemumu

Was it a subtle jab that no one in this episode wanted to talk to Jon about The Walking Dead because they were too focused on playing the Game of Thrones?

They gotta nerf Euron, I really hope he isn't the one to take down a dragon.

That would be too much and I already am suspending my belief with him.

Ridli

I didn't really understand the Varys/Melisandre interaction, anyone got any color on that?

Varys and the Rhyllor just don't have a good relationship (on account of the making him a eunuch thing). He just doesn't get to be his clever self when dealing with those priests and priestesses. He thinks he's got a little victory in Melisandre rightly deciding she's better off out of Dragonstone, but the Red God can't ever let anything slide with him specifically.

Killing Little Finger is tricky because it could get the Knight's of the Vale to desert Sansa. They would've have to kill him in a way that could never be tied back to Sansa or the Starks.
Well since bran can literally control him I think theyll figure something out.

I dont think the Vale likes LF very much either.

Meowster

Yep, Euron is fucking awful. He's a crutch for the writers to use to hurry this shit along and get to that finish line. Need a fleet destroyed, let's use Euron. Need a dragon killed, let's use Euron.
He's the new Ramsay - except he is at least a little bit more believable considering he isn't murdering his own allies left and right. Can't stand him already. I hope that Theon survives all of this like the little cockroach he is. Alfie Allen has consistently been one of the best actors on this show.

Would be hilarious if when Cersei gives the Iron Bank all that gold, they say it's not enough and they'll be supporting the Dragon Queen.

Yea, god forbid they write anyone other than Jon and Dany as a dominating warrior/force.

The Greyjoys have needed this. They're supposed to be miles ahead of everyone else at the sea but before this season we've only seen them as whiny incompetent fucks who want to take everything but can actually take nothing.

I'm thinking Littlefinger kills Bran.

lol

Barzul

They gotta nerf Euron, I really hope he isn't the one to take down a dragon.

That would be too much and I already am suspending my belief with him.

Yeah man he's basically a Deus Ex machina for Cersei and her war efforts. I mean it needs to get toned down, he can't always be there to successful bail her out on every front he enters, that shit doesn't jive with our expectations from the show.

So, High garden fell in a 2 minute montage, and the Martell's are done in one episode?

Man... Kinda bullshit.

Yeah well, there are only two seasons left, counting this one. Not to mention that they are both shorter than a regular season of the show. I do feel like stuff that would probably be big moments in previous seasons are getting drastically cut. Hopefully that's just due to them saving a good portion of the budget for the last few episodes.

I'm thinking Littlefinger kills Bran.
giphy.gif

jdstorm

Banned
Surely you weren't paying attention when watching.

Bran said he has only seen fragments. You think he's seen every single bit of history, every location, every person, everywhere, at all points in time. How ridiculous is that?

No reason why Bran had to see that particular fragment. GoTs Rape fetish is pretty gross and this was just another example of the show going there despite having no real reason.

I feel like Bran just telling Jon his origin is too easy.

I feel like he's gonna find out some other way. And it might have to do with the dragons.

They'll have to throwout him not being able to burn though, because he Definitely yelled in pain when he grabbed that fire lantern to kill that First WW at castle black. It'll be interesting how they do it though, and who will believe it..

Euron is too OP. He wiped out Grey Joys and now Unsullied lol. Next he will Wipe out the dragons and Dany. Cersei will take out Jon and North. Then WhiteWalker destroy everyone in Westoros. GoT2 is about Pentos defending against WhiteWalker lol.

OrionX

Bran this week: "I'm a three-eyed raven now. I can see everything that's ever happened to you."

Arya next week: "I wear other people's faces now. I could be anyone, you'd never see me coming."

Sansa: :(

The show always has to have "that villain" who smashes the main characters. Now that Joffery and Ramsay are gone they've got Euron filling said role.

Next season it'll be the Night King

But yeah Euron is easily the most OP bad guy in the show so far. He's damn near invincible

Guevara

I feel like Bran is only interesting in discussions occurring outside the show. What's shown is just incredibly dull and awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom