• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the Bran/Sansa creepo scene as more to show that A. Bran hasn't had proper human interaction for a while and B. It is a quick way to show Sansa what the Three Eyed Raven is and what he can do: he can literally see everything.

denx

Almost everything about that episode was good except Euron. He continues to be terrible. It's kind of amazing that a show that had/has villains like Cersei, Joffrey, and even Jaime, along with a bunch of other smaller ones, can have such awful ones like Ramsay and Euron now.

Nah man Euron is a ton of fun, they just need to nerf him somewhat.

I think its safe to assume they split up - Euron didn't need that many soldiers for Yara and Sandsnakes. But the unsullied were able to get to Casterly Rock in what, a couple of days? There are some real problems going on.

kUfbOUl.png

Pretty sure that's the Silence.

The camera focused in on it a bit too much to just be another ship.

If they never showed the Silence it would've made much more sense Euron just split his fleet up.

Oh yeah, let's also not under notice the godliness of Davos in his moments both when they arrived and during Jon and Dany's meeting too.

I love Euron. Yes he's God Mode almost to the point of not even being believable but he is charming in his own fucked up way.

Fun character

Yeah he way to OP with his sudden resources, but it's a little easier to take since he's been a pretty fun crazy villain these last two weeks at the same time.

Great episode, lots of stuff happened. Sam the GOAT saving my boy Jorah, Jorah getting to shake someone's hand again warmed my heart.

Great stuff.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Anyone else think Jon could have done a little bit better of a job explaining the seriousness of the White Walkers? Just a little bit, jon.....

Maybe something like "This is the greatest force Westeros has ever seen"

FiggyCal

Banned
kUfbOUl.png

Pretty sure that's the Silence.

The camera focused in on it a bit too much to just be another ship.

If they never showed the Silence it would've made much more sense Euron just split his fleet up.

I see it now. I didn't notice when watching it live.

It's definitely dumb... clearly they needed more episodes if only for the traveling to make sense.

I'm completely fine with the Casterly Rock takeover being much more fast paced than other battle scenes. It seems like they're trying to speed through the story and first I felt that this'll feel botched.
But honestly it was actually great, loved Tyrion using Bronn's line about penetrating the Vale back in S1.

Almost everything about that episode was good except Euron. He continues to be terrible. It's kind of amazing that a show that had/has villains like Cersei, Joffrey, and even Jaime, along with a bunch of other smaller ones, can have such awful ones like Ramsay and Euron now.

Ramsay was alright at first when he was torturing Theon. Then it just got too over the top.

Euron is just terrible, terrible character, terrible casting. Almost or equally as bad as the sand snakes.

Anyone else think Jon could have done a little bit better of a job explaining the seriousness of the White Walkers? Just a little bit, jon.....

Maybe something like "This is the greatest force Westeros has ever seen"

So much for the rumors that Jon and Co were going to bring a caged wight to bring to Dragonstone to prove his cause.

Jarmel

Banned
The writing this season is pretty sloppy but that's really nothing new.

Was that Bran scene supposed to be awkward as all fuck when you realize the implications?

zeemumu

She'll betray him first.

I'm not sure Jamie is the one who actually gets Cersei, but for sure, she's gonna betray him in the worst way before this is over.

I don't think he'll give her the opportunity. He keeps fucking up because he goes soft of people. He let Tyrion leave only for him to kill his father, and he gave Olenna an easy way out only to have her reveal that IT WAS HER, AUSTIN! I think they're leading us to believe that he's realizing that Cersei's a monster but instead of going easy on her like he did with everyone else he's just gonna go all in and kill her. There's probably some part of him that thinks he can make up for betraying his king a long time ago through leniency, but it's backfiring to show him that he HAS to be the kingslayer, or the queenslayer in this case.

Lol, no. That scene was definitely a farewell to those characters and their whole storyline. And a very good riddance it is.

I hated the Sands. Their storyline was rough and their characters were coarse and irritating, and they showed up everywhere.

That said, that was a pretty brutal way to end things

RDreamer

Ramsay was alright at first when he was torturing Theon. Then it just got too over the top.

Euron is just terrible, terrible character, terrible casting. Almost or equally as bad as the sand snakes.

Agreed. Ramsay started out alright and then it's like they couldn't help themselves and kept fucking going with it. Now that he's out of the picture it's like they needed a new Ramsay...

Absolutely as bad as the Sand Snakes.

Gurrry

The people disappointed with the casterly rock take over must have forgotten that even Jamie said himself that it didnt matter.

I imagine if it didnt matter, thats why it didnt get that grandiose moment.

Ridli

Was that Bran scene supposed to be awkward as all fuck when you realize the implications?

I mean, there's no hallmark card saying "Sorry you were raped, but my magical mind powers basically let me witness the whole thing in incredible detail" - For Sister.

It's gonna be awkward.

Nah man Euron is a ton of fun, they just need to nerf him somewhat.
He's not fun. He's just this invincible sea pirate that just goes into enemy fleets and just takes them out..?? It's happened twice now, and it's getting annoying. Watch him take out one of the dragons as well. He's not only an invincible sea pirate but also a master ballista marksman.

zethren

Banned

The implications are fucked up, definitely. But it also shows that Bran is becoming desensitized to seeing fucked up shit. You see enough death and rape, you probably start getting like that and lose your humanity.

It's definitely weird, but I don't mind it from a narrative standpoint as far as Bran's character development is concerned.

Danny needs a big win the next episode, she is taking the L... big time

Bran like...
a10.gif

Bran is getting a lot of flak from people here right now but really, this is Bran...

Imagine the shit he has seen, dude is in a forever seen some shit state and he's still just a kid.

FiggyCal

Banned
The people disappointed with the casterly rock take over must have forgotten that even Jamie said himself that it didnt matter.

I imagine if it didnt matter, thats why it didnt get that grandiose moment.

As soon as the scene ended, I really was thinking what the hell the point of it was... I don't think Tyrion's plan was all that well thought out. But also I guess he couldn't have accounted for Euron's teleportation. Like how does Euron just screw everything up at every corner of Westeros in such a short period of time?

Bran talks like he's blind

What I got from the scene is that he is capable of seeing everything going on in the moment, so I think it was kind of a mind overload vibe they were trying to portray. Problem is, they should have had a scene to show. I don't know, maybe this was supposed to be that scene. But we had Bran fleeing last season (I believe he wasn't awake during it) and then showing up at the wall while saying nothing.

jdstorm

Banned
I mean, there's no hallmark card saying "Sorry you were raped, but my magical mind powers basically let me witness the whole thing in incredible detail" - For Sister.

It's gonna be awkward.

Surely he could have just bought up the time when the hound stopped Sansa from killing herself.

The Jon/Dany scenes were everything I was hoping for and more

Yep count me pleasantly surprised in how that was handled. I was saying last week how mad I would be if my boy Jon bent the knee, and he didn't.

And their interactions were pretty believable and felt true to both characters. I was worried the whole thing would be forced but it played well. Much better than I feared

zethren

Banned
and its the same dagger from season 1 that was used in the attempted assassination on Bran. Which could also mean its a Bran flashback I guess, but I doubt it

What if
Littlefinger
tries to kill Bran with it? Having someone around who can see everything better than he can would prove too troublesome for someone as meddlesome as he.

Would be poetic in a way.

She wanted him to explain, he said it's hard...

She said, please try, for me.

So he did. Don't blame him, I'm sure he rather not have seen that because he'd rather it not have happened.

Yeah, I don't blame him either.

I'm glad they didn't show us Olenna actually dying, or hesitating drinking the poison. Badass, dignified and still winning all her verbal battles to the very end.

Yup. Man her digs were so good too!

Volimar

and its the same dagger from season 1 that was used in the attempted assassination on Bran. Which could also mean its a Bran flashback I guess, but I doubt it

If you want a real preview spoiler/promotional materials spoiler:

Arya is wearing that dagger in a magazine cover for the new season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom