• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling it right now, Jamie is going to end up killing Euron. Dude is shitting on Jamie left and right all while having that shit eating grin on his face. Plus, I don't think Jamie is cool with how close Euron wants to get to his sister.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I fully expect one of the dragons to recognize Jon Snow as a Targaryen, right?

I mean I really doubt Jon Snow gets to know about who he truly is from Bran. Not dramatic enough for D and D.

So... A LOT of time is passing by us in these episodes. I mean, with only 7 episodes to work with, I understand why the show is moving so fast.

But damn; Jon already got to Dragonstone... gets dragon glass, Euron arrives at Kings Landing then promptly leaves to fuck up the Unsullied's ships, and Sam cures grayscale. Lots of time to fill for GRRM. FINISH THE DAMN BOOKS.

This season has been great. And Lady O went out like a fuckin champ.

LotusHD

Banned
What is there to say besides that it says a lot about the showrunners that the only explanation they have for Jaime delaying his resentment towards his sister is that she gives head...

YAGpXPd.png

Goodstyle

Cersei is really wrecking Tyrion's plan right now. I'm rather shocked considering how inept she is. Though most of that has been because of Thunder God Euron and his incredible power. It probably won't last forever but they probably should have heeded Olenna's advise from the last episode.

Cersei's never truly been inept, more that she's hot headed and lets her pride get in the way of her own success.

A lot of people forget this, but if it weren't for her, Stannis would have taken King's Landing at Blackwater. It was Cersei's idea to use Wildfire, not Tyrion. She ordered it made and had it mass produced for the express purpose of the battle. Tyrion was the one who came up with the ship carrying the bombs, but it was Cersei's idea in the first place.

She's always had a sort of a low cunning, not exactly tactical genius, but a mind for screwing people over and succeeding in the short term.

Where do I start.

Oh yes. Fuck Littlefinger.

Kind of was dreading the worse for Ellaria and Tyene, like given to the mountain worse. Still, not having immediate deaths could be they can make it.

The Dany and Jon scenes were pretty nice and awkward, as I think it should be.

Bran creeping out Sansa was unexpected.

Both sieges are kind of disappointing, but it's nice to see Bronn, and Jaime keeping his cool.

Barzul

Euron really asked if she liked a finger in the butt 😂. But the line came off really weird like someone back then in time period it should be set in wouldn't have said it like that.

Guevara

Tyrion: The Lannisters are the real power in Westeros and the seat of their power is Casterly Rock.

Jaime: who gives a shit about Casterly Rock, we'll come back for it later.

Iron Banker: actually you all are broke and have been broke, and I'm here to collect.

Cersei is really wrecking Tyrion's plan right now. I'm rather shocked considering how inept she is. Though most of that has been because of Thunder God Euron and his incredible power. It probably won't last forever but they probably should have heeded Olenna's advise from the last episode.

Cersei has always been one of the top players of the game, but was held back by concern for her kids. I must admit going into the season I really underestimated her. Tyrion also has vastly underestimated her.

I fully expect one of the dragons to recognize Jon Snow as a Targaryen, right?

I mean I really doubt Jon Snow gets to know about who he truly is from Bran. Not dramatic enough for D and D.

The dragons are not making it past next episode I think. Euron will make sure of that. So no John is not riding any dragons. Dany will probably get killed by Euron too next week. All the lannister enemies are defeated in one fell swoop by Eruon.

Speevy

Banned
Dany's like "We're totally not going to have sex later. Nope. Here's everything you asked for. Come back later for the sex we're not going to have."

He's the new Ramsay - except he is at least a little bit more believable considering he isn't murdering his own allies left and right. Can't stand him already. I hope that Theon survives all of this like the little cockroach he is. Alfie Allen has consistently been one of the best actors on this show.

I definitely agree they are using him as a crutch, since they are speeding him around all over the place to pretty much every battle since Cersei needs some wins. He's basically turned everything around for her on his own. Still it's also interesting that his showboating is a little bit fun after the super dark likes of Ramsay.

Yeah, I fully expect Theon to survive all of this, heh.

Nameless

You have to think, Bran has seen his parents murdered, his uncle & grandfather murdered, all three of his brothers murdered, a sister raped and another the turned into a mass murderer. Not to mention countless other atrocities.

Barzul

I certainly didn't think Cersei would just give up Castry rock. That surprised even me. I just hate how OP Euron's ships are. I mean they built them in like 2 weeks ffs.

The dragons are not making it past next episode I think. Euron will make sure of that. So no John is not riding any dragons. Dany will probably get killed by Euron too next week. All the lannister enemies are defeated in one fell swoop by Eruon.
The Silence will show up in the middle of the Kingsroad next week guaranteed.

Maxim726X

The travel this season is getting to me.

I know things have to speed up at this point, but it's getting a little silly. Jon makes it to Dragonstone in one episode? Euron comes to King's Landing and then to Casterly Rock in one episode?

And a two minute montage is all we get when an entire family (and their considerable army) is wiped off the map?

Feels off.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Tyrion: The Lannisters are the real power in Westeros and the seat of their power is Casterly Rock.

Jaime: who gives a shit about Casterly Rock, we'll come back for it later.

Iron Banker: actually you all are broke and have been broke, and I'm here to collect.
Gonna be REAL happy when he gets the news about Cersei's latest win. Honestly it makes sense that the richest family has a very small army. Keep all that money instead of paying the troops.

Its interesting to note that Tyrion's downfall was one of his biggest character arcs dating back to scenes with his Dad, where he wants control over Casterly Rock. He "got" it, but it might end up hurting Dany and his' cause.

Dany's like "We're totally not going to have sex later. Nope. Here's everything you asked for. Come back later for the sex we're not going to have."
Dany didn't seem to like him very much. At the very least, I thought she'd find him attractive. I'm sure, he finds her attractive.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The only Dragon I fully expect to get fucked up is the one she named after Viserys.

The Ls are contagious even after death. That poor Dragon was fucked the moment Dany came up with that name for it.

Then Jon Snow gets to ride the Dragon named after his dad because this show is as subtle as brick to the head.

Speevy

Banned
What is there to say besides that it says a lot about the showrunners that the only explanation they have for Jaime delaying his resentment towards his sister is that she gives head...

Maybe she's just happy that he won't return from war to find any more of his children dead.

This episode actually convinced me more that we are getting Jon and Dany love fest than the opposite. But who knows really, that almost seems too borderline fan fiction at this point to be really what GRRM planned

So Dany lost both her allies instantly, and her Unsullied are bloodied and will probably suffer more casualties as they limp back to Dragonstone.

I don't see why they need to make Dany the underdog again. Would have been more interesting to see two Queens of equal power butt heads.

I guess Dany will have to unleash the Dothroki, but Jorah already show us how their blades aren't good against breastplate.

The travel this season is getting to me.

I know things have to speed up at this point, but it's getting a little silly. Jon makes it to Dragonstone in one episode? Euron comes to King's Landing and then to Casterly Rock in one episode?

And a two minute montage is all we get when an entire family (and their considerable army) is wiped off the map?

Feels off.

I truly think this was the worst episode they've ever done, in spite of the decent Dany/Jon dialogue. You're right about the time skip and how inconsistent it is. We've had 6 seasons. By that time, narration has rules. All of a sudden, you get a simili in-studio narration by Tyrion (as if he would deliver his explanation like that to the people around him), you get time inconsistencies, etc. Very disappointing. I liked the first two episodes, this one is getting to me too.

Where do I start.

Oh yes. Fuck Littlefinger.

Kind of was dreading the worse for Ellaria and Tyene, like given to the mountain worse. Still, not having immediate deaths could be they can make it.

The Dany and Jon scenes were pretty nice and awkward, as I think it should be.

Bran creeping out Sansa was unexpected.

Both sieges are kind of disappointing, but it's nice to see Bronn, and Jaime keeping his cool.

I hope Bran & Arya don't continue to remain aloof ass human beings for the rest of the show. Goddamn man you just reunited with your sister, cheer your ass up. Arya always remembers her friends so don't talk to them like you barely know them.

Justin

Sorry if it's been discussed already but did anyone feel like Kit and Emilia were filmed separately amd composited together? The editing seemed to go out of the way to make sure they were not fully shown together aside from a shot or two.

Jon and Dany have one huge advantage - Cersei has no idea the Night King exists or that an army of the dead is moving South.

I would not be surprised if they somehow use the Night King to their advantage instead of just wiping them out.

I'm also starting to think that Bran exposing himself to the Night King was NOT an accident. Considering how things went with Hodor, it's possible Bran (or the previous 3-eyed raven) had set up that preemptive 'vision' where the Night King marked Bran's arm. Bran may lure, either knowingly or unknowingly, the Night King right into King's Landing somehow to royally wreck the Lannisters.

So, if Dany's army and dragons start dropping like flies, then the stuff above may be another possible angle to consider for Dany's getting to the Iron Throne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom