• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiggyCal

Banned
I hope Bran & Arya don't continue to remain aloof ass human beings for the rest of the show. Goddamn man you just reunited with your sister, cheer your ass up. Arya always remembers her friends so don't talk to them like you barely know them.

Arya seems to have her shit together. I can't blame Bran though considering what he's seen.

I hope Bran & Arya don't continue to remain aloof ass human beings for the rest of the show. Goddamn man you just reunited with your sister, cheer your ass up. Arya always remembers her friends so don't talk to them like you barely know them.

Like yea sure, explaining the three eye crow shit is weird to her and I get that, but that cold stare during the hug. Damn Bran.

When hotpie mentioned Jon, she seemed to get out of her funk

Bran though, I think it's 50/50 if ever gains a normal personality again.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Arya seems to have her shit together. I can't blame Bran though considering what he's seen.

She's going to be more than a bit annoyed when she gets home and discovers Jon went South.

well she might have survived had they listened to her advise instead of going through with Tyrion's complex schemes. Still love him though.

Tyrion plans would probably work if not for the fact his best friend in the universe is Jamie's right hand man these days.

My favorite part of the episode was Jaime's lesson learned from Rob. That's the stuff that made the early seasons so compelling. It's not just a series of things that happen, there is a cause and effect, a logic and tactic to what people are doing.

I felt surprised for the first time in several seasons.

well she might have survived had they listened to her advise instead of going through with Tyrion's complex schemes. Still love him though.

Good point.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Jon couldn't be any less interested in anything that doesn't directly involve the battle against the night walkers and Dany couldn't be anymore interested in doing anything that doesn't directly involve the explicit prevention of taking anymore Ls. Dude resisted being seduced by Melisandre:
557dbd65ca2dc24e4d2698cd_melisandre-jon.gif

Dany x Jon aint happening.

My favorite part of the episode was Jaime's lesson learned from Rob. That's the stuff that made the early seasons so compelling. It's not just a series of things that happen, there is a cause and effect, a logic and tactic to what people are doing.

I felt surprised for the first time in several seasons.

Good point.

Yeah lots of callbacks to early seasons.

Jon couldn't be any less interested in anything that doesn't directly involve the battle against the night walkers and Dany couldn't be anymore interested in doing anything that doesn't directly involve the explicit prevention of taking anymore Ls. Dude resisted being seduced by Melisandre:

Lol I forgot he has a thing for red heads. Too bad their mortality rate is not too high.

Speevy

Banned
The problem is that this show almost never uses any style in its editing or direction.

Almost the entire series is just either characters talking or big action set pieces.

So when they use a well-worn technique like Tyrion talking over the taking of Casterly Rock, something seems off.

What is the most off-putting is that they crammed the taking of Casterly Rock, the surprise fo the burned ships, the defeat of the Tyrell forces, and Olenna's conversation with Jaime into a period of time so short that it was impossible to appreciate or absorb any of it.

On their own, none of these things was a bad idea. But spread them out over I dunno...a season with 10 episodes?

I'm afraid to google anything Thrones related while the season is going on, but I really want to know where they shot these Dragonstone scenes.

Looked absolutely stunning.

His love died with Ygritte.

FiggyCal

Banned

That's like saying Jon couldn't be less interested in having sex with a wildling after they killed his Night's Watch Brother and held him prisoner. It's gonna happen if the moment calls for it.

Jon making it to Dragonstone is nothing new - Catelyn made it from Winterfell to King's Landing over the span of an episode back in Season 1. Euron's fleet (barring some supernatural explanation or something) is definitely an issue, though, especially since they could have had him show up to destroy Dany's ships in an episode or two instead to have it make a bit more sense. I guess we'll see.

Thought the episode was really good overall. Going to miss Olenna a lot, though.

I do think at this pace they could have easily done 2 more 10 episode seasons instead of the shorter ones.

I don't think these seasons are actually shorter because D&D thought it would serve the story better. I think they're just bored / tired of making the series

i actually never tought about this, but if all the starks reunite they have an Assassin (arya) a reborn (jon) and the new three eyed raven (Bran) at winterfell

should make their own superhero movie

Crossing Eden

That's like saying Jon couldn't be less interested in having sex with a wildling after they killed his Night's Watch Brother and held him prisoner. It's gonna happen if the moment calls for it.
That specific wildling is likely the very reason it ain't happening.

So, uh, who is actually defending king’s landing?

It seems a bit absurd that the richest house doesn’t have a force to fight what looked like a paltry force that needs to storm a fort of that size. Even assuming they can’t fight, can the fort not be defended for a few days? You know, send some dragons up the back door?

Something has been off putting for me this season and I can’t put my finger on it. It all just seems so forced and happenstance.

On their own, none of these things was a bad idea. But spread them out over I dunno...a season with 10 episodes?

I think this could be a fair complaint once the season is over but for all you know some really crazy shit might go down moving forward and these events will be so insignificant that you'd think they spent plenty of time on them.

Yea Jon never came across as a horn dog. People in here just want to see some action no matter who.

What is the most off-putting is that they crammed the taking of Casterly Rock, the surprise fo the burned ships, the defeat of the Tyrell forces, and Olenna's conversation with Jaime into a period of time so short that it was impossible to appreciate or absorb any of it.

It kind of ruins whatever image the Tyrells being a great house. Their armies were relatively untouched during the previous wars, and Jaime took their castle in one day.

Hey at least Dany will get creepy Uncle Jorah back soon.

Beautiful episode. One of the best we've had in a while.

I just want to say two things:

-Rip Lady O :( you went out like a boss.

-The costume and armor design is on point this season. Truly amazing.

-Oh and one more thing. Fuck you Cersei!

FiggyCal

Banned
Yea, but Ygritte dude. Dany ain't no Ygritte.

Ygritte was great and all, but being real... she wasn't a queen. Jon, being king in the north, needs a proper wife. It's just how the system works. I don't make the rules.

Edit: Plus they made such a big deal about Dany leaving her partner behind as well and then her saying she'll marry for political purposes... it's been foreshadowed to death a million times over. It would be rude to subvert audience expectations like that.

Considering how quick characters get offed on this show, maybe Bran should've told Sansa about John's parents. Euron might suddenly teleport behind him from across the map.

And Bronn needs to ditch Jaime and get back with Tyrion.

Meowster

Olenna screwing Cersei all the way to her grave - even getting a respectful and painless death after all her background shenanigans. Beautiful stuff. I like Jamie but he needs to wake up before he gets killed.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I assume at some point, Dany will find out about Jon's bloodline and then it totally rethink everything up to this point?

TheContact

Next episode spoilers

looks like there's going to be a big open battle between dothraki and Lannister soldiers. I bet that that Lannister army has the gold from highgarden and that's what the bank said they were waiting for as it appears they won't fund them unless they pay off some of their debt with that gold. But I think dany and dothraki win that fight and get the loot so Cercei never gets support from the iron bank. But next episode's battle is gonna be sweet. Prob will be best episode so far.

Like yea sure, explaining the three eye crow shit is weird to her and I get that, but that cold stare during the hug. Damn Bran.

Bran has seen some shit or more like he's seen a bunch of shit that will eventually happen right? It did seem weird though.

At this point Arya is going to complete that list of hers isn't she?

Crossing Eden

Beautiful episode. One of the best we've had in a while.

I just want to say two things:

-Rip Lady O :( you went out like a boss.

-The costume and armor design is on point this season. Truly amazing.

-Oh and one more thing. Fuck you Cersei!
Love it:
EHCGAm5.png

Ygritte was great and all, but being real... she wasn't a queen. Jon, being king in the north, needs a proper wife. It's just how the system works. I don't make the rules.
Jon being king right now explicitly goes against the rules of the monarchy.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Game of Thrones and Star Was have the best costume design I've ever seen. Everything else might as well be Halloween costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom