• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't even hug her back or are his arms paralyzed too now? What a clown.

Maybe he saw Sansa betraying her family in the future, or doing something really stupid and getting Arya, or even Jon killed.

Dude's like, hmmmm...hard to hug you back knowing you're going to do something fucked up.

Really though, I think it's just because he's seen so many things that his mind is in a total state of shock.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I've got to admit that everyone on Team Cersei are fucking ruthless from top to bottom. Cersie, Qyburn, the Mountain, Jaime, Randall Tarly. They're like the USSR's hockey teams from the cold war. If Cersei's team were in Dragonstone in the first episode planning an invasion of Westeros, and they were the one with Dragons and shit. They would have invaded KL the very next scene, no fucks given. Thousands of innocent people are going to die? Fuck them. You'll be ruling ashes once you're done? Good. Cersei has this type of rule locked in good.

We need a Summit Series win lol. Remember what happened in that series right? The commies knocked Canada's teeth in and surprised everyone. They ended up also taking a 3-1 series lead with only one game needed to win it all. Canada came back when all seemed lost and hopeless. Come on Dany.

I've got to admit that everyone on Team Cersei are fucking ruthless from top to bottom. Cersie, Qyburn, the Mountain, Jaime, Randall Tarly. They're like the USSR's hockey teams from the cold war. If Cersei's team were in Dragonstone in the first episode planning an invasion of Westeros, and they were the one with Dragons and shit. They would have invaded KL the very next scene, no fucks given. Thousands of innocent people are going to die? Fuck them. You'll be ruling ashes once you're done? Good. Cersei has this type of rule locked in good.

We need a Summit Series win lol. Remember what happened in that series right? The commies knocked Canada's teeth in and surprised everyone. They ended up also taking a 3-1 series lead with only one game needed to win it all. Canada came back when all seemed lost and hopeless. Come on Dany.

Dragons are still the ultimate trump card. I don't care how many ballistas they have, the dragons can do so much damage in so little time.

It's gonna be a wake up call once Cersei and gang see's Daenearys' full power.

The funny thing is, as Westeros plunges into eternal winter, Essos just goes on like nothings happened lol.

Do we know that for sure though?

I remember bringing the question up a few years back and no one seemed to know the answer to it. If all of Westeros is affected by the Winter, and not just brrr cold winter, but the invasion of the undead army, then Essos must be fucked as well.

This is the thumbnail

Nice.

giphy.gif

I think robotic, stoic and tonally flat is the best acting direction for Bran at this point.

He's seen some shit and besides as an actor he's not what I would describe as "cable tv" camera friendly.

TTG

Dragons are still the ultimate trump card. I don't care how many ballistas they have, the dragons can do so much damage in so little time.

Won't even get that far. Braavos banker is totally Arya.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

She doesn't want those flip flopping civilians in KL to get hurt though. Cersei blew up 3 city blocks and they were out there like it was a championship parade or something. I think Dany could have taken the city first episode and they could have PR'd it to blame it all on Cersei. These guys would have been cheering just the same.

Do we know that for sure though?

I remember bringing the question up a few years back and no one seemed to know the answer to it. If all of Westeros is affected by the Winter, and not just brrr cold winter, but the invasion of the undead army, then Essos must be fucked as well.

Why though? Not once in six season did anyone in Essos ever mention anything about cold or even winter. Not once. I will laugh so hard if the solution to survive the White Walker invasion is to just sail to Essos. Oh, guess who just happens to have an entire bay waiting to receive her back?

android

Theoretical Magician
It's a serious post, however unlikely the outcome is. But I don't mean Cersei will be the Night Kings Queen, but that she will die and return as the new Night's King(Queen) as Jon or someone will have defeated the current Night King, but winter and the WW's were too much for mankind to stop, ultimately wiping out humanity.

The whole point of my post is that I kind of don't want it to be a typical ending, Jon and Dany, the 2 beacons of hope prevailing and defeating all evil. I wouldn't be pissed if that's how it ended, but this show has rarely veered in expected directions and I hope the end is more than just what you said the general consensus is, of what the ending should and probably will be. Though I've come to expect it to be something we really don't expect. Such as an ending shot with WW Cersei, blue eyes, slight decapitation and all sitting on a frozen throne.
I've been thinking this too... But I think he'll survive and just retreat with Cersei. Winter is constant. It'll never not be on the hoirzon, just like evil. Which is something I think Martin believes in, evil in everything/one and it can never truly be defeated. Also I think he's going to get a dragon and Cersei may aid in that.

KarmaCow

Does Tyrion know that Jon died? He seemed to be covering for him.

Actually why is Jon trying to hide his resurrection? If anything it lends credibility to the idea that something supernatural like the White Walkers exist. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing Danny would freak out about either all things considered.

Fuck
this
motherfucker
series,
fuck
the writers,
fuck
everyone

Fuck
that
asshole
bran not hugging her sister.

They
killed
her,
KILLED HER OMG
!!!!

You Tarly traitor!!

Why though? Not once in six season did anyone in Essos ever mention anything about cold or even winter. Not once. I will laugh so hard if the solution to survive the White Walker invasion is to just sail to Essos. Oh, guess who just happens to have an entire bay waiting to receive her back?

I'd like to think eventually the White Walkers figure out how to cross the ocean, but yeah, Jon Snow and his crew slowly floated away from Hardhome.

Gleethor

I keep seeing "why was Highgarden so easily defeated?"

The Tarlys flipped, and so went The Reach (Jaime mentioned last episode that the other Reach lords look to Randyll Tarly for guidance). Highgarden was defended basically by a skeleton crew fighting the Lannisters and the rest of The Reach, it was never gonna go well for them.

KarmaCow

Btw is Stannis dead? I dont recall him being killed on screen

They didn't actually show Brienne killing him but did pretty much everything but that. It would be a shitty swerve if he was still alive because she had no reason to leave him alive and have him in hiding for all this time.

I keep seeing "why was Highgarden so easily defeated?"

The Tarlys flipped, and so went The Reach (Jaime mentioned last episode that the other Reach lords look to Randyll Tarly for guidance). Highgarden was defended basically by a skeleton crew fighting the Lannisters and the rest of The Reach, it was never gonna go well for them.

Yep, basically highgarden allies turned and highgarden main forces are in another place

They didn't actually show Brienne killing him but did pretty much everything but that. It would be a shitty swerve if he was still alive because she had no reason to leave him alive and have him in hiding for all this time.

But to not show the death has always been suspicious

Didnt briene pity or feel remorse

I thought I recalled that being hinted at

OrionX

She doesn't want those flip flopping civilians in KL to get hurt though. Cersei blew up 3 city blocks and they were out there like it was a championship parade or something. I think Dany could have taken the city first episode and they could have PR'd it to blame it all on Cersei. These guys would have been cheering just the same.

Agreed. What bugs me is that Tyrion should know his sister better than anyone. There's no way things don't get ugly when you go to war with Cersei, so your best bet is to go straight for her throat and take her out directly. The longer Cersei sits on that throne, the more time she has to think of new ways to drag everyone down with her and more people end up dead in the long run.

KarmaCow

But to not show the death has always been suspicious

Didnt briene pity or feel remorse

I thought I recalled that being hinted at

The episode was all about his fall where he sacrificed his daughter for nothing, lost his army, and Brienne killing him was the capper to that. She has no reason to pity him, he didn't offer anything other than his willingness to die and she knows that he was responsible for Renly's death.

So yea, a show not explicitly showing the killshot of a character is usual suspicious but there was nothing more for his character at that point.

"How will I ever find Euron's fleet ?"

*Euron sails from King's Landing to Casterly Rock unseen, right past Dragonstone*

Forget plot armor, the plot teleporters are the real problem of GoT.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man Euron is just the worst. Nothing about the character is earned.

Seriously. He really is a terrible character as he has been depicted thus far. Completely unearned power levels and just kind of boring.

HotHamBoy

Seriously. He really is a terrible character as he has been depicted thus far. Completely unearned power levels and just kind of boring.

"What if we created a villian who was just Capital B Bad and dropped any pretense of depth or subtlety?"

"Hmm. Can he act as a deus ex machina to maintain conflict with ALL of our protags?"

"Yes, and he should definitely just walk right into this role literally out of the foggy fucking night.

Jobbs

Banned

One dragon almost got itself killed fighting a little group of people with spears.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think the thing I'm most interested in right now is seeing how Cersei meets her end.

Obviously, with GoT, there is never any guarantee of any conventional wisdom, but I never am more confident Cersei is gonna get hers soon, if not for the fact that she's riding way too high right now. When things are going too well for characters in GoT, there usually is a majorly hard fall.

Most people assumed it would be Jaime. I'm honestly not so sure anymore. But that dynamic between Cersei, Euron, and Jaime is so compelling. So much tension there.

KHlover

Banned
"How will I ever find Euron's fleet ?"

*Euron sails from King's Landing to Casterly Rock unseen, right past Dragonstone*

Forget plot armor, the plot teleporters are the real problem of GoT.
Inb4 Euron and his fleet are literally drowned men and thus sail on the ocean floor, basically a bunch of ghost ships :p

Moaradin

Haven't read through this thread yet but holy crap I thought this episode was fantastic. So many good interactions.

Bet this thread hated it though huh

HotHamBoy

Yeah cause that's fucking new for a show that had Joffery and Ramsey. They sure were subtle villains I tell ya what.

Lol

Joffrey and Ramsey had nuance. They had major daddy issues that played into their sociopathic tendancies and we get to see that on display.

Joffrey was a villian who was elevated by the villians around him (literally and figuratively) and was played with marvelous effect by Jack Gleeson. Also, despite being a monstrous shithead, he was also just a kid and very much a product of his circumstance.

Ramsey is actually a very interesting parallel to Jon which is why that arc has such a strong climax.

Cersei is on another level now.

That was a fantastic episode, and even Tyrion seemed back in form (dialogue and mannerisms).

I was damn near fanboying after it was over and I haven't done that with GoT in a long time.

TTG

Haven't read through this thread yet but holy crap I thought this episode was fantastic. So many good interactions.

Bet this thread hated it though huh

It was aight. Even Sam wasn't having fun this episode though. Euron doesn't have the charm to pull it off, everyone else is straight up sad and mopey. Maybe if Jon made a joke or two instead of looking like he pissed his pants the whole meeting with Dany. But it wasn't terrible.

Cersei is on another level now.

That was a fantastic episode, and even Tyrion seemed back in form (dialogue and mannerisms).

I was damn near fanboying after it was over and I haven't done that with GoT in a long time.

Yeah despite his mistakes in regards of warfare, it was nice seeing Tyrion the politician again.

LordKasual

Banned
About Bran and the Three Eyed Raven....

....did anyone else find it a bit odd how Littlefinger's advice to Sansa about viewing "all events as happening all at once" perfectly coincided with Bran arriving in Winterfell?

I know it's probably nothing, but it's really interesting timing for Littlefinger to say that and then have Bran appear and seemingly be completely out of touch with the present, after knowing for a fact that he has the ability to mess with time.

Femto.

It was aight. Even Sam wasn't having fun this episode though. Euron doesn't have the charm to pull it off, everyone else is straight up sad and mopey. Maybe if Jon made a joke or two instead of looking like he pissed his pants the whole meeting with Dany. But it wasn't terrible.

I for one am kind of glad that there wasn't much humor or fun, outside of Tyrion, in this episode. Shit had me on the edge the whole time and one thing was happening right after the other.

HotHamBoy

Jon is such a dire character. So fucking dull. He just mopes and pouts and gets all huffy because he has absolutely no tact or savvy.

Have you ever stopped to consider that most of the best characters in this show are already dead?

Cersei is still pretty awesome, though.

Timbuktu

Indeed, it doesn't seem like winter comes to Essos, which would bring up the question of why no one in Westeros ever tried to invade Essos, or have somewhere to go during the long winter? I'm not sure how the north ever survives a winter, they don't look like they have enough resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom