• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I have to say that Ellaria might have the most inventive end in the whole series.

Just sit there being fed while you watch your daughter turn into a skeleton.

And you can't even talk to her in her last days or weeks. You just gotta watch as she dies.

WaterAstro

In what way?

This is the thumbnail

ijxTSgu.gif

Kickz

Olenna went out like such a badass.

And Euron hilariously continues to teleport everywhere and pick off Dany's people.

LotusHD

Banned
Olenna can be smug in her death because that's all she ever knew how to be. Deep down she knows that her son, her grandchildren, and her House have been wiped out. Her story ends with the brother of her greatest enemy and her only solace is some cheap shot at him. She will never see her enemies fall, she will never see her family avenged, she dies a lonely old crone with no one to mourn her. Last season finale, she said Cersei stole her future, she contributed nothing towards stealing it back and almost immediately fell.

She's nothing and dies as nothing. Good riddance queen of thorns, you were a smug hag who's main contribution was being slightly unpleasant towards everyone you've met.

What is with this bitterness against the great Olenna

Volimar

It seems like all the great houses will be gone in a generation or so.

This is the thumbnail

It's probably something cheesy like (possible preview spoiler)
She comes to where he's mining dragonglass and a piece of the ceiling collapses and he pushes her out of the way and ends up on top of her. Just like my animes.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

Lannister's also have their fans. Let him enjoy this, let him sleep comfortably with these back to back wins. We know better.

"I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

Tyrion Lannister

Olenna can be smug in her death because that's all she ever knew how to be. Deep down she knows that her son, her grandchildren, and her House have been wiped out. Her story ends with the brother of her greatest enemy and her only solace is some cheap shot at him. She will never see her enemies fall, she will never see her family avenged, she dies a lonely old crone with no one to mourn her. Last season finale, she said Cersei stole her future, she contributed nothing towards stealing it back and almost immediately fell.

She's nothing and dies as nothing. Good riddance queen of thorns, you were a smug hag who's main contribution was being slightly unpleasant towards everyone you've met.

Disagree, she got her narrative purpose. Now Jamie knows Tyrion didn't kill his prick of a kid, and he'll side up with him when the time comes.

But if we are talking about the character, meh. She did her part. Tried to make a play in the Game, failed, now wants to be a spoiler. Might pay off, might not, but she was always good at fucking people over.

televator

You know... I gotta admit that LF did give Sansa some good advice. I was expecting him to to be full on "let's charge on Cersie."

Bran is... fucking gone. Poor Meera had to put with that. Bran is losing touch with humanity at this rate. He brought up painful things to Sansa without a shred of empathy.

Just finished re-watching, the credits version of Rains of Castamere, does anyone know what the version is called? I don't remember hearing it before.

and I think you suck.

I don't see why you have to be rude.

Artisan might post more than the average person in these threads but his posts are usually pretty decent and actually contribute to the discussion.

All I've seen from you in the past couple pages is complaints about how shitty this thread is. There are plenty others who are open to all sorts of discussions regarding the show, you can easily ignore those of us you don't like.

I just realized something-- the last fight against the whitewalkers seems like itll be between them and probably just dany and the starks.... right?

The entire story ultimately revolves around the starks. So then that would mean pretty much the lannisters are done for, as are the other kingdoms going by what is happening now

And despite not being a stark, theon seems to have some kind of plot armour to make it maybe as an ally to the Starks

the build up is to the white walkers, and this is ultimately all meaningless, so as far as conclusions go, the neatest one seems to be Jon ruling Westeros or dying to save the world since no one would really be left of the seven kingdoms. Unless Gendry comes in....

Is that at least what is expected?

Goodstyle

I've always hated the Tyrells. Not just her, her entire family. They have a massive unearned sense of superiority. Also, the show tries to depict Olenna as this no-nonsense tell it like it is grandma, but in practice she just comes off as deeply unpleasant. Watch her first scene with Tyrion. She's just kind of mean to him throughout it, and then caves and gives him exactly what he wants. She didn't achieve anything, she just condescended to him for a bit and ended up being totally ineffectual. That's her whole character throughout the series until she kills Joffrey and frames Tyrion, and then it's back to business with her.

One of my greatest joys in the show was watching her admit that Cersei stole her future. Knowing she felt a moment of despair that deep made my heart leap, I only wish we could have seen the look on her face when she heard what her greatest enemy did to her family. No witty retort, no smart comeback, no wry grin, just the knowledge that everything she cared about in life disappeared in a flash.

One dragon will bite it by ballista. The other two will be Dany and Jon's battle steeds against the Night King.

Night King is gonna have himself an ice dragon. The dragon that gets hit with a ballista will get injured, but use the remaining strength it has to fly north and somehow lands near the WWs.

Heshinsi

They've got all the grain and cows so they can feed their army.

Now they can march back to King's Landing and celebrate.

How big is their damn army? Jesus Christ, the Lannisters have troops in the West, they've got troops in the Riverlands, they have a massive army in the Reach, and they also have forces protecting King's Landing. With an army this massive, I don't understand why Tywin didn't just smash Robert's bloodied forces and taken the throne himself. He already sacked KL and his army sat out the rebellion.

Speevy

Banned
How big is their damn army? Jesus Christ, the Lannisters have troops in the West, they've got troops in the Riverlands, they have a massive army in the Reach, and they also have forces protecting King's Landing. With an army this massive, I don't understand why Tywin didn't just smash Robert's bloodied forces and taken the throne himself. He already sacked KL and his army sat out the rebellion.

They've got enough that Robb Stark was afraid of facing them all at once, and he had 20,000 men.

Disagree, she got her narrative purpose. Now Jamie knows Tyrion didn't kill his prick of a kid, and he'll side up with him when the time comes.

But he did kill Tywin which Jamie expressed anger at Tyrion for doing so I don't see Jamie ever forgiving Tyrion.

Night King is gonna have himself an ice dragon. The dragon that gets hit with a ballista will get injured, but use the remaining strength it has to fly north and somehow lands near the WWs.

That's... a scary thought...

televator

Also, I think the Grand Maester guy did reward Sam without it being obvious yet. Maybe those documents have juicy info that Sam now has acccess to. Plus, he's no longer serving shit and cleaning food... or was that the other way around?

Einchy

Also, I think the Grand Maester guy did reward Sam without it being obvious yet. Maybe those documents have juicy info that Sam now has acccess to. Plus, he's no longer serving shit and cleaning food... or was that the other way around?

Yeah, I think he was happy as hell when he realized he was off the dookie duty.

You know that whole plot line feels underwhelming. Like, Jorah gets this big disease that they play up as fatal. And then he happens to meet Sam and Sam cleans him up because he followed the instructions.

Feels a bit pointless though I guess it may have served to just make that bond between Sam and Jorah for the future

Einchy

They had to kill Rickon cus they couldn't have an emotional reunion like with Sansa, Jon and Bran cus non of them remember Rickon.

Jombie

Euron's magical fleet aside, this episode made me breathe a sigh of relief. Great episode and Emilia Clark's best performance; definitely Mylod's best.

I expect the show to end with Cersei sitting on the Iron Throne as the Night Queen. Jon, Dany, Night King and all else dead or defeated. But winter still winning. No happy ending.

Idk if this is a serious post, but I imagine the Night King is only sentient enough for his own cause and doesnt really communicate with humans

I still dont really know if they are supposed to have a motive as they pretty much come off as mindless zombies

I dont really expect Cersei to live.

But I guess what Im asking is, despite all the deaths and chaos, would an ending revolving around the Stark family be too convenient?

Will the finale just wrap thinga up in a nice bow and would people want that?

Heshinsi

One thing I see mentioned on many occasions, is what would the Dothraki do once the fighting is over. The Stormlands have no rulers seeing as to how the Baratheons are done, so they could be made to settle there. Historically, we have had people similar to the Dothraki go from a nomadic culture to something resembling what we see in Westeros. The Vikings, the Huns, even the Mongols eventually. If the Lannisters are defeated, I can see the Reach being another region as well.

Soooooo, I think my wife and I figured out how this season is going to go. Like, I thought it would go this way, but after the events of this episode I'm 100% sure.

Also, is there any place that has the trailer for next weeks episode frame by frame?

Idk if this is a serious post, but I imagine the Night King is only sentient enough for his own cause and doesnt really communicate with humans

I still dont really know if they are supposed to have a motive as they pretty much come off as mindless zombies

It's a serious post, however unlikely the outcome is. But I don't mean Cersei will be the Night Kings Queen, but that she will die and return as the new Night's King(Queen) as Jon or someone will have defeated the current Night King, but winter and the WW's were too much for mankind to stop, ultimately wiping out humanity.

The whole point of my post is that I kind of don't want it to be a typical ending, Jon and Dany, the 2 beacons of hope prevailing and defeating all evil. I wouldn't be pissed if that's how it ended, but this show has rarely veered in expected directions and I hope the end is more than just what you said the general consensus is, of what the ending should and probably will be. Though I've come to expect it to be something we really don't expect. Such as an ending shot with WW Cersei, blue eyes, slight decapitation and all sitting on a frozen throne.

Olenna stole the episode again. She chugged that poison wine like a boss. Well, at least Jamie now knows the truth, but I don't know if it's enough to cast doubt in him. I wonder if he'll tell Cersei though. I thought Tyrion is supposed to be the smart one. So far, his plans have ended in utter failure. He's getting read like a book.

Nice to see Sansa and Bran reunited again. Bran does look pretty high. Too bad he didn't see what Ramsay did to her.

I really don't like how Euron's fleet just teleports out of nowhere. It's not the first time people have fast traveled on the show for story's sake but this is getting comical. Euron's fleet attacked the Greyjoys, sailed back to Kings Landing to celebrate, yet still managed make it in time to Casterly Rock. lol wut?

TTG

Euron's magical fleet aside, this episode made me breathe a sigh of relief. Great episode and Emilia Clark's best performance; definitely Mylod's best.

Her speech about faith was apropos of nothing. Hey, so there are these zombies behind the wall. No wait, let me tell about how I was a BROOD MARE!

OrionX

I've always hated the Tyrells. Not just her, her entire family. They have a massive unearned sense of superiority. Also, the show tries to depict Olenna as this no-nonsense tell it like it is grandma, but in practice she just comes off as deeply unpleasant. Watch her first scene with Tyrion. She's just kind of mean to him throughout it, and then caves and gives him exactly what he wants. She didn't achieve anything, she just condescended to him for a bit and ended up being totally ineffectual. That's her whole character throughout the series until she kills Joffrey and frames Tyrion, and then it's back to business with her.

One of my greatest joys in the show was watching her admit that Cersei stole her future. Knowing she felt a moment of despair that deep made my heart leap, I only wish we could have seen the look on her face when she heard what her greatest enemy did to her family. No witty retort, no smart comeback, no wry grin, just the knowledge that everything she cared about in life disappeared in a flash.

tumblr_nok9vguWVT1uqgal7o3_400.gif

It's a serious post, however unlikely the outcome is. But I don't mean Cersei will be the Night Kings Queen, but that she will die and return as the new Night's King(Queen) as Jon or someone will have defeated the current Night King, but winter and the WW's were too much for mankind to stop, ultimately wiping out humanity.

The whole point of my post is that I kind of don't want it to be a typical ending, Jon and Dany, the 2 beacons of hope prevailing and defeating all evil. I wouldn't be pissed if that's how it ended, but this show has rarely veered in expected directions and I hope the end is more than just what you said the general consensus is, of what the ending should and probably will be. Thought I've come to expect it to be something we really don't expect. Such as an ending shot with WW Cersei, blue eyes, slight decapitation and all sitting on a frozen throne.

Yeah Im not sure how it will all end, but a typical ending seems undesired

I have to imagine Jon Snow dies saving the world, or at least doing something significant to turn the tide... I dont have an issue with him surviving it all because I just like the character too much

The funny thing is, as Westeros plunges into eternal winter, Essos just goes on like nothings happened lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom