• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't, they're just the people who happen to be willing to side with him under the current circumstances. Jon didn't accept being king of the north because he wanted to lead these people in general, it's specifically because he knows the dead army is coming and putting himself in the position of king in the north gives him an army to work with, and hopefully build from. He doesn't bow to Dany because doing so would jeopardize the support he does have, which isn't even close to enough, and wouldn't necessarily help his cause of fighting the dead army is Dany doesn't even believe it exists anyway.

I think he'd only bend the knee if two things happened: i) he felt sure of the north's support if he did and ii) dany promised to fight the dead army. Neither of which he has right now. He might still do it if he's dumb as hell, but I think he's avoided that necessity for the moment.
Well, I think part of the reason he didn't bow was because he spent so much time with the wildlings and got to know Mance Rayder personally too, even knowing that he gave his life instead of bowing.

Also, I don't think the northerners would ever be okay with Jon kneeling, so he'd have to like just keep it a secret from them or something. Until the winter war is over.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Welp, House Tyrrel is officially extinct... Not that Olena had the means to fill the ranks.

I think Olena may have planted a seed in Jaime during their conversation. I feel as the season progresses, Jamie might be faced with situations where he thinks back on his talk with Olena.

I see where the show is going. All of Dany's allies dropping like flies means she will have to rely on Whatever Jon can offer. That will bring them closer together. However, it really makes a lot of Danny's story and her allies' stories kind of a waste of time. Hopefully, there's a huge payoff to all this.

It's funny how they both seem to unwittingly appeal to each other's better natures despite their outward formal dressings. It is feeling like an subtle courtship with Tyrion playing cupid, unbeknownst to all parties. lol
I wonder if they're setting up an ending where Jamie had to be an oath breaker and king slayer again and kill Cerci for the greater good. He can be both a king slayer and queen slayer, hahaha.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Again. Did you fucking miss the Tarly's the most powerful reach bannerman led by the one guy who beat Robert in the rebellion switched sides and buffed up the lannisters. Hm?

Once again, a heavily depleted Tully force held on to Riverrun for months, and the Blackfish point blank told Jaime that they could withstand the Lannisters as well. It took threatening to hurl Edmure's baby over the wall, and his order to stand down that ended that siege. Apply a similar logic to Highgarden, and you can surely understand why the Tyrells capitulating in days (if that) is weird. Not months, not even weeks, but days.

Speaking of the Tullys, where did those soldiers all go to, and where is Edmure?

Once again, a heavily depleted Tully force held on to Riverrun for months, and the Blackfish point blank told Jaime that they could withstand the Lannisters as well. It took threatening to hurl Edmure's baby over the wall, and his order to stand down that ended that siege. Apply a similar logic to Highgarden, and you can surely understand why the Tyrells capitulating in days (if that) is weird. Not months, not even weeks, but days.

Speaking of the Tullys, where did those soldiers all go to, and where is Edmure?

I think the Tyrells were already mobilized and heading to KL, and possibly the Tarlys have already broken from them diminishing their forces.

Speevy

Banned
Someone make a GIF where it's Euron and his ironborn walking up the hill saying "Let's go murder them." but every face is Euron.

That will explain everything.

Did varys say why the Sourcerer used him when he was younger? What are the odds that he has kings blood and is just playing the waiting game to claim the iron throne? I know it's a far out idea but his true ambitions are still unknown and I don't buy him claiming to be a man of the people.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Did varys say why the Sourcerer used him when he was younger? What are the odds that he has kings blood and is just playing the waiting game to claim the iron throne? I know it's a far out idea but his true ambitions are still unknown and I don't buy him claiming to be a man of the people.

I don't think he's been lying when he says he is doing it for the people.

I wonder if they're setting up an ending where Jamie had to be an oath breaker and king slayer again and kill Cerci for the greater good. He can be both a king slayer and queen slayer, hahaha.

Most likely, the more she acts like the mad king, the more likely it is Jamie will kill her.

TTG

So what Westerosi people are getting the shaft next week? Meera's swamp bros are the dragons' lunch, those hawk dudes get owned because Littlefinger abandoned them?

Speevy

Banned
Here's what I don't understand.

Why would the person whose sole success at commanding an army involved blowing up a huge fleet of ships that were expected send soldiers in ships to a place where they were expected?

TTG

I read the books, but forgot about 80% of it, is there a separate thread for me?

Snape kills Dumbledore, I do remember that.

I just realized at the moment Dany said to Jon "if I recall correctly, the last king in the north was the one who knelt to my ancestor"

why didn't Tyrion, or Davos, or even Jon correct her on that? They all knew that Jon's brother was the most recent king in the north, as he was one of the 5 kings in the war of the 5 kings...

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
half the posts on this page are from people from the shitty book thread.

pdZFiYm.gif

TTG

Bran was a total jack wagon by the way. Took Sansa about 5 minutes to go from happy and grateful to fuck this guy.

Goodstyle

Olenna can be smug in her death because that's all she ever knew how to be. Deep down she knows that her son, her grandchildren, and her House have been wiped out. Her story ends with the brother of her greatest enemy and her only solace is some cheap shot at him. She will never see her enemies fall, she will never see her family avenged, she dies a lonely old crone with no one to mourn her. Last season finale, she said Cersei stole her future, she contributed nothing towards stealing it back and almost immediately fell.

She's nothing and dies as nothing. Good riddance queen of thorns, you were a smug hag who's main contribution was being slightly unpleasant towards everyone you've met.

Timbuktu

So am I to believe that the entire Dornish kingdom just gives up?

I see that Dorne's survival strategy is for the show just to forget about them and they huge army that never has to fight. Their ruling house sacrificed themselves so no one else has to die and they are now a republic, but we would never know that since we will never hear from them again. Seriously, there is no one left in Dorne that we know about.

Oddduck

Here's what I don't understand.

Why would the person whose sole success at commanding an army involved blowing up a huge fleet of ships that were expected send soldiers in ships to a place where they were expected?

We learn wisdom from failure much more than from success.

Jamie learned from his defeat by Robb Stark, and it helped him outsmart Tyrion.

Speevy

Banned
I have to say that Ellaria might have the most inventive end in the whole series.

Just sit there being fed while you watch your daughter turn into a skeleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom