• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMD

Bran and Sansa reunion should have been a huge thing that they should have spent a lot more time on. I'm starting to dislike the shorter season.

Toki767

I still kind of feel like this season will end with Daenerys and Cersei's armies fighting when the Night King and the whitewalkers break through the Wall and word gets out somehow that the Wall has fallen.

And then Jon will just be like..."I told you so"

Bran and Sansa reunion should have been a huge thing that they should have spent a lot more time on. I'm starting to dislike the shorter season.

I agree.

Also, how exactly does being the Three Eyed Raven make you simple? It really isn't THAT hard to explain Bran.

I'm just not seeing it. It had some great scenes but it wasn't a remarkable episode.

Outside of Euron getting another easy win so soon after his last one in multiple locations, as has been mentioned a lot, I thought it was fantastic. Especially due to how much I enjoyed almost all of the character interactions. Thought it was very memorable, even if it doesn't have that combined with the action that the truly best of the series have had when doing both at the same time, hence why I restricted it to some of the story/interaction heavy eps.

Now on the other hand, I'm not being fully literal since it's not like I recall a lot of the early stuff ep by ep anymore so it's not like I know where I'd actually physically place it. Just that it's one of the eps I'll definitely revisit.

nubbe

Well, without the lead writer they need to create the story from scratch and produce everything in less than a year

It's pretty good for what they have to work with

Takes GRRM years to develop the characters for a script

ramparter

Banned
Agreed. First two episodes were damn good, don't get me wrong, but the dialogue was weak. Much, much, much better in this one.
Totally, wish we had more episodes invested in the interactions between those characters, can't get enough scenes between Davos, Jon, Daenerys and Tyrion. I also love how the series did a full cycle to return where it started, Tyrion meeting Jon again. the Starks are gathering to the north, the two nobodies - Jon the bastard and Daenerys the sister that was sold for an army - are now the most important characters. I know there are weaknesses but I feel like I'm after all these years I'm enjoying GoT as much as I did the first season.

Interesting Tyrion told Daenerys to, "give", Jon something by giving him nothing. That same Lannister mindset had her beat by giving her Casterly rock which then took out the Tyrells out of playoff contention.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Interesting Tyrion told Daenerys to, "give", Jon something by giving him nothing. That same Lannister mindset had her beat by giving her Casterly rock which then took out the Tyrells out of playoff contention.

tenor.gif

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I'm enjoying this season so far but I think it's fair to say they are rushing the plots along now and the show is really suffering as a result, you can see it in everything from Eureons omnipresent fleet, popping up where ever there's ships need sinking, to the individual conversations (the only thing Bran wants to talk to his sister about is the night she got raped? What?).

Tyrion being outsmarted by Jaime is probably the hardest pill to swallow, but when you think of it in the context of everything they must be trying to get done by the end of the season you can see that it probably should have taken 12-13 episodes to get the point where Dani says 'fuck it, let's go burn some fuckers' and instead it needs to be episode 4.

Fantastic episode, but it is a real shame that the entire story is suddenly coming to an end and with so few episodes remaining. Upon retrospect they really should have sped up Season 5 and 6's events so that we wouldn't get every single major event done in 5 minutes or less..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The one thing I dislike about this is when did Cersei become a master strategist? Aside from Euron and his warp gate fleet, she's outmaneuvering Tyrion on every level.

TuXx

Hated how they glossed over the Lannisters taking over High Garden.

Why are we getting less episodes if we're just gonna rush through major events like that?

And D.B.'s excuse about the Tyrell's not really being a military force is such bullshit. They're the reason why the Lannisters won the battle of the Black Water in the first place.

Night King is gonna have himself an ice dragon. The dragon that gets hit with a ballista will get injured, but use the remaining strength it has to fly north and somehow lands near the WWs.

What would an undead dragon breathe? It cant be regular fire. Maybe it'd be ice shards or wild fire?

Casterly rock is not nothing. Sure it has no more gold but its a very important fortification in the west and it has a symbolic meaning. If the lannister troops cant come back with their spoils to kings landing it will be the lannisters that won a battle but lost the war.

Hated how they glossed over the Lannisters taking over High Garden.

Why are we getting less episodes if we're just gonna rush through major events like that?

And D.B.'s excuse about the Tyrell's not really being a military force is such bullshit. They're the reason why the Lannisters won the battle of the Black Water in the first place.
The lannisters won because tyrion blew up many ships before they landed and the citywatch and lannister army under tyrion managed to hold them before they sacked kingslanding.

If they had taken KL and if the battle would have been stannis in KL against Lannister and Tyrells it would have been different.

oti

Banned
So, here's my question. If the Tyrells were so damn rich, why didn't they spend some of their money for a better army after Cercei killed everyone but the grandma?

So what if it is revealed that euron actually has magic on his side? I mean he is a zombie similar to beric dondarion, he went to essos and we know there is a lot of magic in that place.

So, here's my question. If the Tyrells were so damn rich, why didn't they spend some of their money for a better army after Cercei killed everyone but the grandma?

They liked making their army look pretty.
So what if it is revealed that euron actually has magic on his side? I mean he is a zombie similar to beric dondarion, he went to essos and we know there is a lot of magic in that place.

He's undead ala Jon Snow?

Macka

I can't say I'm enjoying the season at this point.

It used to be that characters decisions drove the plot. Now the plot drives characters decisions.

Tyrion was literally the Master of Coin in S2/S3. He would have been well aware of the dire straits the Lannisters were in with money. He should have known that Casterly Rock would mean very little at this stage too. He was also aware the the Greyjoys had aligned with Cersei. Pyke is almost right next to Casterly Rock. The idea of him failing to anticipate an attack from them there is mindboggling.

The show is having him make uncharacteristically stupid decisions in order to weaken Daenerys' position. What reason would Dany have to even listen to him after this? His strategic advice has wiped out all of their allies.

The show is just all setpieces now. It's a shadow of what it was in S1-4.

Pooya

Tyrion is going to be accused of colluding or something like that. He's just throwing hard.

I'm very underwhelmed by these developments. Main point of last season was about Dany finding these new allies in Westeros, now 3 episodes in all of them are basically dead as if season 6 didn't matter.

Monocle

I've always hated the Tyrells. Not just her, her entire family. They have a massive unearned sense of superiority. Also, the show tries to depict Olenna as this no-nonsense tell it like it is grandma, but in practice she just comes off as deeply unpleasant. Watch her first scene with Tyrion. She's just kind of mean to him throughout it, and then caves and gives him exactly what he wants. She didn't achieve anything, she just condescended to him for a bit and ended up being totally ineffectual. That's her whole character throughout the series until she kills Joffrey and frames Tyrion, and then it's back to business with her.

One of my greatest joys in the show was watching her admit that Cersei stole her future. Knowing she felt a moment of despair that deep made my heart leap, I only wish we could have seen the look on her face when she heard what her greatest enemy did to her family. No witty retort, no smart comeback, no wry grin, just the knowledge that everything she cared about in life disappeared in a flash.
WTF. Stahp hating awesome characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom