• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

This season seems like it's moving very fast. I feel like they're trying to end the War of the Seven Kingdoms soon so the last season can be all magic, dragons and zombies.

I await Euron destroying every Dothraki with his magic ships next week.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If Dany takes her dragons out next week, where do you think she will attack?

I doubt King's Landing, because I think they save that for much later in the season. Do you think she'll go to Casterly Rock? Highgarden? Has to be one of those two, right?

I doubt King's Landing, because I think they save that for much later in the season. Do you think she'll go to Casterly Rock? Highgarden? Has to be one of those two, right?

Getting rid of Euron's fleet is my guess

just finished a few thoughts

1) euron's plot armor fleet strikes again

2) I really miss the filler of previous seasons, could have had a jon/davos conversation out at sea, expanded on melisandre/varys relationship a bit more (although surely that's gonna be hinted at later), had something with fan favorite bronn etc.

3) the dialog seemed oddly stiff for most of this episode? I don't know if anyone else got that feeling but it seemed unnatural and pretty expository. Thankfully the last scene made up for the faults in that department, Olenna da best

4) why is bran such a dick/terrible teacher. "it's complicated" bitch no it ain't

Edit: 5) Ellaria's fate is hilariously cruel. Cersei's little recap also shows how awful Ellaria/the sand snakes/season 5 were. Your boy died in voluntary combat because he was taunting and you decided to poison my innocent daughter and then kill your prince because he didn't wanna start a war with me over it

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

She's going to hunt down Euron's magical fleet, and it's going to appear as if she has him on the ropes, which forces him to reveal his trump card that is a teleportation device he won in a bet from LF. Dany returns to Dragonstone minus one dragon, and the other two badly hurt from the giant harpoon thingies.

Tyrion then tells her that his plan failed, and now her plan failed, so what does she now want to do. To which she replies, "I want to go home!" Tyrion then asks, "but you are home, you're here in Westeros, where else would home be?" Dany sighs and says, "I mean home home, as in Mereen. Fuck this place I'm out!"

Future

Yeah made sense to go to the Tyrells. Why did Tyrian think they'd guard casterly rock again? Just cuz of Lannister history? Bad call

John Snow is learning. Can't just talk insanity to everyone, no one is gonna believe your bullshit until more people see them

And Bran can see the past and the present right by jumping into anyone? Dude is the most powerful dude in the show but it doesn't matter cuz now he's all enlightened and shit

KarmaCow

3) the dialog seemed oddly stiff for most of this episode? I don't know if anyone else got that feeling but it seemed unnatural and pretty expository. Thankfully the last scene made up for the faults in that department, Olenna da best

It did feel like every conversation had one character say something critical in a flowery or vague manner, then the other character would call them out it in a somewhat meta way, and the first character would say the same thing but more plainly.

Maximo

Yea but... how did the Lannisters know they were going to attack Casterly Rock in the first place?

Technically, bum-rushing King's Landing would have been the correct tactic strategically. That's what they should have been prepping for.

But Euron magically appears and not only wrecks the Greyjoy fleets, but zips around the whole continent to Casterly Rock just in time to catch Grey Worm off guard.

And that's after Jamie empties half of the army from there.

How the hell did they know all this and plan all of it?

Everything as been dumb as fuck so far the Dawn came all the way to Dragonstone forget their armies decided lets just go on our merry way and get them, when Theon and Yara escaped their psychotic Uncle who is exiled and wants the Greyjoy throne eager to kill them both "Euron left the Iron Islands years ago after the Greyjoy Rebellion was crushed, and became the terror of the world's oceans, raiding ships from Oldtown to Qarth" by all accounts hes the best Captain alive, wasn't obvious enough he would align himself with Cersei to help them, and after escaping him and having their armies shat on decided to do it again at Casterly Rock.

It feels like so much has happened and yet the bulk hasn't been meaningful.

Hey Casterly Rock has mining equipment. Dany, Jon, and Tyrion are the dream team White Walker fighters. lol

Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Jamie, and Davos at the end of GOT.

tumblr_mmghtqvMuP1rdavbko1_400.gif

This Euron shit is pretty annoying.

Other than that it was a pretty good episode. Finally cut the filler to zero.

the show had plenty of good filler in the past though, it's just tainted by the shitty ones and D&D dragging things like Theon's torture out

we're never going to get a s3 brienne/jamie type dynamic again and that's sad

Machina

Banned
Sad to see Olenna go, but in true fashion she got the last laugh. Gonna enjoy seeing Cersei find out Tyrion was innocent all along. "Oh but he killed both our parents so fuck him".

Dany+Jon alliance is set in stone now. Dany is all out of allies in a flash. I can see the Northern armies marching south to take out Cersei first before dealing with the walkers. The Wildlings will be on their own for awhile.

Meowster

Ellaria's actress did great work here (as she did the first season she was introduced) without saying a single thing. Shame the writers totally screwed her and the rest of the Sand Snakes over with their Dorne plotline. She could have been a cool character if she wasn't wasted after Oberyn.

Ellaria's actress did great work here (as she did the first season she was introduced) without saying a single thing. Shame the writers totally screwed her and the rest of the Sand Snakes over with their Dorne plotline. She could have been a cool character if she wasn't wasted after Oberyn.

She was in HBO's Rome too and was great in that and she was pretty big side character for the 1st season. Just got really screwed over by poor writing/dialog in S5.

Heshinsi

Sad to see Olenna go, but in true fashion she got the last laugh. Gonna enjoy seeing Cersei find out Tyrion was innocent all along. "Oh but he killed both our parents so fuck him".

Dany+Jon alliance is set in stone now. Dany is all out of allies in a flash. I can see the Northern armies marching south to take out Cersei first before dealing with the walkers. The Wildlings will be on their own for awhile.
Dany isn't as weak as people might think though. She's still a formidable land power and has the only air support that anyone in Westeros has. She's lost her naval ability, but most of that was important to ferry her ground forces over from Essos. She has over 100,000 Dothraki, 8,000 unsullied, and three fully grown dragons. Euron can terrorise the seas all he wants, the greyjoys are shit out of water. She held herself back from using dragons and the Dothraki. If she truly wanted to, she can still take KL easily.

Mrbob

Dany screwed up by not attempting to hook up with Euron.

The Seven Kingdoms would be hers and the white walkers dead already if she had Mr. OP at her disposal.

Heshinsi

Dany screwed up by not attempting to hook up with Euron.

The Seven Kingdoms would be hers and the white walkers dead already if she had Mr. OP at her disposal.
How the fuck did the Greyjoys lose their rebellion against Robert the Userper?

if Jon is to spend more time with Dany then he should mention that he knew her elder, Aemon Targaryen. It'd be nice to a pay a tribute to the late actor, too.

Best episode of the season.

However, I leave each episode disappointed. I am fine with people dying left and right, it comes with the show, but it has been far too one sided this season and kind of poor writing on their part. One of the joys of this show is that you know that if you fav looses one episode, they will have some kind of victory the next, which hasn't been happening.

Best episode of the season.

However, I leave each episode disappointed. I am fine with people dying left and right, it comes with the show, but it has been far too one sided this season and kind of poor writing on their part. One of the joys of this show is that you know that if you fav looses one episode, they will have some kind of victory the next, which hasn't been happening.

Because from the very first episode of this season they showed how hapless Cersei is so of course she's gotta get some "surprise" victories in before the inevitable reign of Fire and Ice comes.

ramparter

Banned
Your boy died in voluntary combat because he was taunting and you decided to poison my innocent daughter and then kill your prince because he didn't wanna start a war with me over it

Pretty much, Lannisters can be blamed for a lot of things but Oberyn's death ain't one of those. Ellaria was stupid and I don't feel but at all for her. I only feel sorry her precious angel, that girl is beautiful beyond compare.

Because from the very first episode of this season they showed how hapless Cersei is so of course she's gotta get some "surprise" victories in before the inevitable reign of Fire and Ice comes.

Is she though? North has been weak with all these battles and the Bolton - Stark conflict. And as for Daenerys, if you take out the dragons of the equation, the Dothraki and the Unsullied aren't enough imo. Dorne and Greyojoys are over. And the way the season progresses I expect a failed Arial attack and at least a dead dragon soon. Daenerys will need Jon Snow in the end.

PS: I cried when Sansa saw Brandon..

That was a great episode.
Qyburn will be the main character of next season and savior of humanity!
He can do everything. Turn death men to monsters, make weapons to kill dragons, make the best poisons and teleport Euron's ships everywhere. Next time he will produce a cure to turn white walkers to normal people!

JawzPause

Best episode of the season so far.

The only thing i didn't like was Bran, i thought his acting like some high kid on lsd was awful, i couldn't take him seriously

I feel like they are moving way too fast in killing the side characters. It is really too late in the shows run to introduce new characters and have people actually give a shit about them. Hell, Euron was a good attempt, but no one is going to bat an eye when he dies.

I feel like they are going to reach the end and not have anyone left who we care whether they will live or die outside of those with plot armor.

Great episode, but I can't be the only one annoyed by the unsullied once again spinning with their spears in close quarters just to show us in the very next scene that they have swords as well. No wonder they lost so many men.

HoodWinked

nice to see Bronn even if for a brief second.

but its crazy how dany went from practically unstoppable with the tyrells, dorne, part of the greyjoy fleet, dragons, dothraki, and the unsullied down to the dothraki and her dragons.

KHlover

Banned
That was a great episode.
Qyburn will be the main character of next season and savior of humanity!
He can do everything. Turn death men to monsters, make weapons to kill dragons, make the best poisons and teleport Euron's ships everywhere. Next time he will produce a cure to turn white walkers to normal people!
You jest, but I'd love to see what show Qyburn could accomplish with a captured white walker. Wouldn't it be amusing if he upped their heat tolerance and removed their weakness to Dragonglass and Valyrian steel?

finowns

Is she though? North has been weak with all these battles and the Bolton - Stark conflict. And as for Daenerys, if you take out the dragons of the equation, the Dothraki and the Unsullied aren't enough imo. Dorne and Greyojoys are over. And the way the season progresses I expect a failed Arial attack and at least a dead dragon soon. Daenerys will need Jon Snow in the end.

PS: I cried when Sansa saw Brandon..

Are you a crazy person. If the show was following any type of logic, Dany would have landed in KL and the sight of dragons would end the battle before it began.

Volimar

Guys, Euron's ships aren't teleporting. If enough time has passed for Jaime to march the Lannister army to Highgarden, then enough time has passed for Euron to sail to Casterly Rock.

nice to see Bronn even if for a brief second.

but its crazy how dany went from practically unstoppable with the tyrells, dorne, part of the greyjoy fleet, dragons, and the unsullied down to a handful of unsullied and her dragons.

And the dothraki.

HotHamBoy

Do you think the plotting suffered because they were holding out for the remaining "media format that shall not be named?"

The last few seasons have had long stretches where things seem to be moving too slowly. Now things seem to be moving too fast ahead of the finish, like they realized they had to pull the parachute.

Can someone remind me what Rickon is up to? Did he die at some point? It’s been a while and I honestly can’t remember.

Edit: Seriously forgot. Oops.

Haven't read through this thread yet but holy crap I thought this episode was fantastic. So many good interactions.

Bet this thread hated it though huh

One of the best eps of the show. Especially among the ones not featuring the signature battles like the Hardhome ep.

Timbuktu

I wonder if the Dornish army is still in play.

They would have to let us know who is in charge first, everyone we know is dead although their army and people are completely fine. I guess they will mind their own business once again; the winter and the war won't touch them. That was probably Prince Doran's grand strategy.

Azor Ahai, aka Euron, is just going to show up at Eastwatch, do a crazy smile, and kill all the white walkers in episode 7. Season 8 will just be him teleporting around the world and killing any characters left from the show.
I just wanted to quote this post. This made me laugh extra loud and woke up my fiancé. Thanks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom