• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaimie also didn't know about the tunnel, so if things could've gone a bit more on Jaime's side, they'd have kept them out of the city for longer.

And to finally add to this point, that provides more of a delay to increase the likelihood that Euron can arrive at a time which would inflict more damage to Daenarys' forces (i.e. more than just destroy the ships, it also kills any troops remaining on them).

Meowster

How is it that some characters are literally teleporting all around Westeros and then you have characters like Bran or Arya where it takes them multiple episodes to get from one location to another?

I mean, I'm all for not showing characters travelling and saving time, but apply that shit equally.
Littlefinger and Euron were granted.. special powers.. that allows them to bend time and space to teleport at will. Though Littlefinger has shown a lot more restraint this season with his gift.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Euron had roped his wrists to the readied spear of the ballista, yelling back to his men. "Hold your fire and wait until the dragon is in your sights." As Daenerys rode her draconian steed closer to the fleet, the Mother of Dragons lifted an arm to signal her children to steady themselves.

Whispering to the tip of the spear, Euron channeled knowledge and manliness which should have only been available to the deities worshiped by the farthest reaches of Westeros. "Give me 1 good Euron and I'll impregnate the bitch."

As the testosterone began to dangerously radiate off of Euron's suddenly shirtless body, his men knew the moment was right and fired the ballista after resisting to waver from their duties in awe. Euron, securely roped to the spear, soared through the sky before piercing through the dragon's throat. Lodged through the falling beast's devastated spine, he glared straight into Daenerys's eyes whilst covered in draconian blood and Ironborn pheromones.

The dragon began to fall into the ocean, but not before Euron used his teeth to untie himself from the murderous spear to lunge toward Daenerys, who had been unable to speak. After all, her child was destroyed by this avatar of masculinity before her. Closing her eyes and accepting defeat, Euron cracked the Queen's neck whilst plummeting toward the ocean.

Daenerys's other two dragons, immediately recognizing their new Alpha, flew toward Euron and swooped underneath him at the last possible moment to protect his body from crashing into the water. Having both feet on each dragons' neck and wielding two separate leashes, Euron flew back to King's Landing to present his victorious prizes to the true Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.

Elsewhere above the Wall, the Night King suddenly opened his gaze. Visions of Euron's deeds had reached the Army of the Dead. The Night King, shaking in disbelief and horror, retreated north before even attempting to breach the Wall. The Night King's army escaped into the farthest mists, deciding that this Long Winter could not be won as long as Euron still lived to oppose the dead.

I can see this happening, Euron is that OP lol.

I mean, she has to draw the line at some point. She can't just let everyone be their own kingdom or else she has no one to actually rule. Yara was going to be queen of the iron islands I think because of a sort of female camaraderie that came up in that conversation, but also because who the fuck cares about one island. It's strategic. Letting go of like half the kingdom's land size and a very important part of the 7 kingdoms would be terrible precedent though.

Yara isn't independent though. She agreed that she would honour the integrity of the Seven Kingdoms. Dany is ok with a situation where there are multiple kingdoms who then serve under the Iron Throne.

ivrolIe.png
hah, what does this mean
Jamie said they emptied out everything before they left.

I swear half of you guys must be multitasking while watching, half of the questions posted in here are usually answered through dialog on the show.

Nope, not me. I resign from gaf when I watch the episode for the first time lol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=244955946#post244955946

edit: it's just hard for me to catch things, sometimes. i have to rewatch episodes with subs and even then sometimes I miss it.

All that dialogue in Winterfell was weird this episode.

Don't even know what in the flying fuck Littlefinger was talking about or where he was going with that.

"If you think of everything in every concievable universe, nothing will surprise you."

"Okay..."

Seems like everyone there is just messing with Sansa.

That could be the case. They are also in a foreign land. Where most of them don't even speak the language? Best case scenario for them is Dany taking her Dragons to rescue and guide them.

Same. I'm fine with the time jumps, but this is my biggest problem. If you are going to have time jumps, you got to make it atleast logically consistent for the viewer.

"When you're taking a shit, don't think of the battle with your bladder. Not the puckered up sphincter, or the clentching of the teeth as you let out a hard log. Always picture these battles IN YO MYND!!!!!"

Littlefinger has turned into a shitty character with horrible dialogue. Sansa should have let Brienne kill him in that barn last season.

-griffy-

Banned
Based on trailers/promos, what I'm guessing is gonna happen to the Unsullied is
Jaime will take his army from Highgarden to Casterly Rock with the purpose of laying siege to the Unsullied there. BUT Dany, after having gotten the latest news of her losses, will take the late Olenna's advice and go FUCK THIS TACTICAL SHIT, and take the Dothraki and dragons out to meet Jaime's army before they even get to Casterly Rock, and completely decimate them, thereby saving the trapped Unsullied. Maybe they even kill Jaime in the process, but also at least one of Dany's dragons gonna die. Then, we'll have Dany's forces and Cersei's forces both in relatively compromised positions.

-griffy-

Banned
So do we think thats the end of them? Or do we expect to see someone somehow save them (Hope not). Bronn is with Jamie, no way he can return to help.

I think Tyene's a goner having been poisoned. There's an outside chance Ellaria can still be rescued though since it seems like Cersei is just gonna keep her locked up long term.

zsynqx

After re-watching, I don't think the episode is getting enough credit for just how well shot it is. Surprising coming from Mylod, who's work on the show has never really impressed.

"When you're taking a shit, don't think of the battle with your bladder. Not the puckered up sphincter, or the clentching of the teeth as you let out a hard log. Always picture these battles IN YO MYND!!!!!"

Littlefinger has turned into a shitty character with horrible dialogue. Sansa should have let Brienne kill him in that barn last season.

Hopefully just an episode thing, but yeah its kind of sad actually. He was such a big, eloquent moving piece before. Not even sure what hes been reduced to now.

Volimar

Did anyone else notice how Littlefinger took note when the maester said that the previous maester kept copies of every raven sent to Winterfell? That's going to come up again.

Just to fantasize a little, without counting the dragons, who has the better army in westeroos now?

It depends on how well the Lannisters can handle the dothraki. That's a lot of cavalry.

RDreamer

Hopefully just an episode thing, but yeah its kind of sad actually. He was such a big, eloquent moving piece before. Not even sure what hes been reduced to now.

I dunno if it's his acting or his script that's gotten much worse, but I feel like around his "chaos is a ladder" speech things went downhill for him. He feels like a joke and he really wasn't the first few seasons.

Just to fantasize a little, without counting the dragons, who has the better army in westeroos now?

Clearly Euron.

xaosslug

this is all just so funny, to me. Last season when I would pop into the thread all I would read is how slooooooow the show was and how boring it was being SHOWN how Arya and Bran were training/learning and the minutiae and set up and travel... and now everything is paced too fast and it's unbelievable that someone that has been a "pirate" for 20+ years of his life would be able to surprise attack his 20something niece and her crew, and wtf @ peeps teleporting everywhere? lol

FiggyCal

Banned
So do we think thats the end of them? Or do we expect to see someone somehow save them (Hope not). Bronn is with Jamie, no way he can return to help.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Jaime in King's Landing next episode judging by how travel works this season. Bronn would likely be the only person able to help her, but I don't know if she has the antidote on her.

After re-watching, I don't think the episode is getting enough credit for just how well shot it is. Surprising coming from Mylod, who's work on the show has never really impressed.

I think a lot of that has to do with the impressive locations they chose to film in. But yes the cinematography was really strong on this episode.

My feelings on the episode it's that it was a massive improvement on last's week. The meeting of Ice and Fire finally happened and it went like I expected it. The ending was sublime. Amazing performance by the lady that plays the queen (Tyrell, not Cercei).

Nameless

"He has no claim, he's a damn bastard!"

That line and Davos's entire speech had me so fucking hyped. I love that man. Also props to him and Jon for not swallowing Dany's 'might makes right' horse shit. It's been a while since anyone approached her so bluntly.

"He has no claim, he's a damn bastard!"

That line and Davos's entire speech had me so fucking hyped. I love that man. Also props to him and Jon for not swallowing Dany's 'might makes right' horse shit. It's been a while anyone approached her so bluntly.

Jon should have let him finish.

FiggyCal

Banned
I had a lot of problems with the last episode, but it had great moments. I think I would have liked to see the story spaced out over a few more episodes. I think it would've been great if Jon was Dany's prisoner for a little bit longer, if Euron wasn't everywhere at once, if so many of Dany's allies weren't defeated in the span of 2 episodes, etc.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Did anyone else notice how Littlefinger took note when the maester said that the previous maester kept copies of every raven sent to Winterfell? That's going to come up again.

My theory is somehow, who knows how, he'll piece together Jon's true parrents. Then when john returns, to bring word of the norths alliance with Danny, Little Finger will try turning the north against him, suggesting John is using them and trying to give the world to his sister or something like that.

FiggyCal

Banned
I'm sure Tyrion will get to the bottom of it. And then we'll get that inevitable scene of Dany asking Jon to "show her" and running her hands over the knife wounds before they have dragon on dragon relations.

You nailed it. I would love to see it done this way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I thought King's Landing and Dragonstone were on opposite sides of Westeros. They're damn near next door to each other but still sending their armadas all across the continent.

Jesus.

Dany could've taken out Euron's entire fleet with a quick jaunt on her Dragons while they were in port.

Ithil

They're side characters in season seven, you can safely assume they're done and never seen for the rest of the show.

FiggyCal

Banned
I thought King's Landing and Dragonstone were on opposite sides of Westeros. They're damn near next door to each other but still sending their armadas all across the continent.

Jesus.

Dany could've taken out Euron's entire fleet with a quick jaunt on her Dragons while they were in port.

Yeah there's no way Tyrion is keeping his job. Dany needs Davos in the meeting room.

Speevy

Banned
Maybe Tyrion's the one with PTSD, enduring so many years of torment from his father and siblings that he subconsciously makes decisions that benefit them.

amar212

Jesus.

Flat Earth fam.

RDreamer

Jesus.

What's funny about this fact is that currently Cersei has her ships off at Casterly Rock and her army over taking out Highgarden while her enemy literally sits at her doorstep.

And I'm sure that fact probably won't end up biting her in the ass somehow...

Yeah there's no way Tyrion is keeping his job. Dany needs Davos in the meeting room.

This is also kind of infuriating. Tyrion's arc by now should have been him learning enough to keep toe to toe with things and make great decisions. Instead there's almost no plausible reason for Dany to keep him on staff. He's done nothing but fuck up.

FiggyCal

Banned
What's funny about this fact is that currently Cersei has her ships off at Casterly Rock and her army over taking out Highgarden while her enemy literally sits at her doorstep.

This is also kind of infuriating. Tyrion's arc by now should have been him learning enough to keep toe to toe with things and make great decisions. Instead there's almost no plausible reason for Dany to keep him on staff. He's done nothing but fuck up.

Even last season he really wasn't that great, but he got the promotion anyway.

Edit: And on a completely unrelated note, I know Stannis gets a lot of hate but he was such a good character. I miss seeing him on screen a lot.

RDreamer

Even last season he really wasn't that great, but he got the promotion anyway.

Agreed. Dany hiring him on and then keeping him after what happened last season felt weird. It felt like the reason was actually just fans like those characters and it'd be cool rather than in universe she respects him and he's good at what he does. And actually the reverse feels weird too. You don't really see why Tyrion seems to love Dany so much.

I'd say spilling the beans on the secret entrance to the Rock is a pretty swish move for Tyrion that worked out pretty well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay, you know what, it works if Casterly Rock took like a few weeks to take giving Euron time to deliver Yara and then loop back around to burn the Unsullied' ships, but because they had to fit it all into like 20% of an episode viewers feel only a day has passed, if that.

I assume the Dothraki are encamped in Dragonstone while King's Landing has whatever crown troops they usually have so the two places aren't entirely unguarded.

Basically Cersei gambled more or less everything on Dany not marching immediately on King's Landing and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom