• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFool

Banned
Oh wow, that was a good episode.

Loving Monkey.D.PlotArmor just showing up and fucking up every single theory people had before the season started.

Just of curiosity, how did all the English slang go down with you Americans, were you googling c**t and t**t after the ep?

Sex scene sealed Grey Worms fate

Lets be honest, it's a decent trade.

Jombie

Could someone vomit poison? Cause I feel that's what Cercei would've done if she had been in the room when Lady Olenna reveal her involvement with Joffrey's death.

She would've had her guards held her down and somehow made her vomit. If successful she then would've made Olenna suffer the way the lady from the high septon and Elaria have.

Inducing vomit can be more dangerous than the poison itself.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Well, Tyrion thought Sansa was too young for him, and she thought Littlefinger is too old for her, and I agree with those characters...

Sansa had always been depicted as a girl who was too young to even have a period, the first time we see Dany she is buttnaked.

7Ev25My.jpg

1C2zZzu.jpg

P8cRxCQ.jpg

I missed Chrys

Man does that haircut look good on her.

I enjoyed this episode, some silly bits and generally had a montage feeling in the non-jon parts... but was good.

Melisandre: "I have brought fire and ice together, my work here is done."

Well...you could convince Dany that white walkers are real. Validate the fact that you brought Jon Snow back from the dead. But sure. I guess that's the most you could do.

Well she did tell Daario that she had to make herself ready for marriage. The only logical option is Jon. Let's start planning this wedding guys.

That makes sense, and it's too easy and that's why I don't think it will happen. Tyrion would've brought it up when he told Dany about the dragonglass Jon wants. Maybe he'll think of it later.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
That makes sense, and it's too easy and that's why I don't think it will happen. Tyrion would've brought it up when he told Dany about the dragonglass Jon wants. Maybe he'll think of it later.

She's not going to throw herself at the first guy through the door bro lol. Plus Jonny boy hasn't even bent the knee yet, so they're not even friends yet. We're now at the "acquaintance that seems cool" stage. We'll see how it goes.

zoukka

How did Jon and friends get from north to the wall in little time but Night King is marching there for months without the need to rest... (older episodes I know)

And the boats do move quite fast in this series lul.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
How did Jon and friends get from north to the wall in little time but Night King is marching there for months without the need to rest... (older episodes I know)

And the boats do move quite fast in this series lul.

The dead don't get tired.

But they're not marching, and if they are, it's probably because Bran just broke the magic protecting The Wall. It's no use trying to cross it right now since it's physically impossible for them to do so.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
He's the only guy, and she took his boat away so there's no going back out the door for Jon anytime soon.

She hasn't taken his boats away, it was to get off the beach bro. Plus, why let him mine the dragon-glass if she plans on keeping him on the island?

Speevy

Banned
So far Dany has been less courteous to Jon than many of the slavers she met in Essos.

They're totally not going to have sex at some point.

zoukka

The dead don't get tired.

But they're not marching, and if they are, it's probably because Bran just broke the magic protecting The Wall. It's no use trying to cross it right now since it's physically impossible for them to do so.

But the season begins with a shot if the army of the dead marching...

She hasn't taken his boats away, it was to get off the beach bro. Plus, why let him mine the dragon-glass if she plans on keeping him on the island?

sorry I meant ship, she takes his ship away. I'd like to think the reason for it is because she wants to talk to him a little bit longer.

Last time she had a meeting like this was with the Second Son commanders, I believe. Even though they didn't get along with her, Jon was at least respectful and didn't say vulgar shit like the Second Sons asshole did.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The Army of the Dead are marching, that much is clear. They're just really slow about it being dead and all, and they lack Euron's warpgate technology.

I still just think the NK and his army are waiting for winter to hit full on and probably marching around the north collecting bodies, or there is just some other specific thing they're waiting for to attack. Maybe they don't actually have a way of breaching the wall? They don't have siege weaponry or resources or general intelligence.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like they are going to need one of Dany's dragons. Although I don't know if a risen dragon breathes fire. A dragon that can still breathe fire might be able to breach the wall, but that is a pretty damn thick structure. I don't know how the hell they'd take down a dragon though, WW's don't seem to have ranged weaponry either.

jm89

Whats benjen up to though? Was expecting some more cool shit from him, maybe delay the white walkers some how.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So I was thinking about now that there's 10 episodes how they will divvy up the plot points with the remaining time.

My guess is they resolve King's Landing vs Dany this season and spend the entire final season on the White Walkers. Is that a logical assumption?

If so, and next season's episodes are each longer than the normal one hour, that will leave an awful lot of time to kill just on battling White Walkers and figuring out how to defeat them. I mean, obviously, there will be other stuff too.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is, I've always thought the show would eventually turn the White Walkers into at least partially sympathetic figures, and eventually tell us their true goal. I could see them dedicating time going forward to seeing the story from The Night King's POV, and maybe a little backstory for him too.

Would people like that or no?

pestul

Jamie said they emptied out everything before they left.

I swear half of you guys must be multitasking while watching, half of the questions posted in here are usually answered through dialog on the show.
We've had several threads where many GAF'ers admit to basically browsing GAF, playing games and trying to watch a tv show at the same time.

I just get wrecked because GoT is on between 10:30-11:30pm where I live. I can be nodding off during parts of it.. but I must watch it Sunday night.

I still just think the NK and his army are waiting for winter to hit full on and probably marching around the north collecting bodies, or there is just some other specific thing they're waiting for to attack. Maybe they don't actually have a way of breaching the wall? They don't have siege weaponry or resources or general intelligence.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like they are going to need one of Dany's dragons. Although I don't know if a risen dragon breathes fire. A dragon that can still breathe fire might be able to breach the wall, but that is a pretty damn thick structure. I don't know how the hell they'd take down a dragon though, WW's don't seem to have ranged weaponry either.

The white walkers aren't going to climb or destroy the wall, they're going to go around it via the castle at the northern most end that is against the sea. The Hound saw this in the fire this season.

This is also why its taking them so long.

Tonky

Would love to have the cast of the Walking Dead come in and wreak havoc on Westeros. Negan would actually be a pretty good choice for Dany to marry, since he controls the Saviors which would probably be enough to wipe out the Lannister forces.

nubbe

So far Dany has been less courteous to Jon than many of the slavers she met in Essos.

They're totally not going to have sex at some point.

It's a powerplay man, she is asserting authority and dominance towards someone that challenges her claim

But she is starting to see him
fWkXgC1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom