• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's King in the North

tumblr_inline_otyynrVCeQ1ssv7mp_540.png

Zetta

Watching the first encounter and damn Dany was smug as hell, to the point she treats Jon like he is beneath her. I wonder how she feels after she got played by Cersei.

dankir

Oh man the writing in episode 3.... goddamn. So much ether, everybody said stuff that will make your soul burn slow.

Especially
Oleanna Tyrell

Tainted

I agree with some posts here about this season feeling a bit rushed, but that was always to be expected with the shortened seasons.

It is still the best show on TV at the moment and will be sad when it all comes to an end after next....but i'm sure the inevitable spin offs will be made...it has been too much of a money spinner for HBO.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
There isn't really a positive for anyone other than Dany to conquer Westeros though.
Oh stop it. Two whole kingdoms and half of another one wanted her there over Cersei. Dany is 100% and improvement of very Cersei, Tommen, and Joffrey, and that's even if she invaded KL day #1.

jfkgoblue

Oh stop it. Two whole kingdoms and half of another one wanted her there over Cersei. Dany is 100% and improvement of very Cersei, Tommen, and Joffrey, and that's even if she invaded KL day #1.

No. The noble leadership wanted to use Dany for revenge, now all 2 and half are content with Cersei.

Heshinsi

No. They wanted to use Dany for revenge, now all 2 and half are content with Cersei.
Anything and anyone is an improvement over Cersei, what are you talking about lol? Also, Dorne isn't content with anything, they're just going to remain isolationists.

The people of kings landing are mental. That's the only way to explain it

Yeah that was weird.

Grinchy

Banned
A badass plan would have been to pour fake poison into Olenna's glass, and then after she said what she was going to say, the torture could begin.

jfkgoblue

Anything and anyone is an improvement over Cersei, what are you talking about lol? Also, Dorne isn't content with anything, they're just going to remain isolationists.

Dorne is fine with Cersei, the Reach is fine with Cersei. The only kingdom who really hates Cersei, has broken apart from the rest of the seven kingdoms. Winter has come and if Dany never comes, the commonfolk won't give a shit about who is sitting on the throne, hell no more nobles even care anymore. A war now just brings more death and destruction to a land already under a lot of death and destruction.

I know you love Dany, but she is in no way a hero that the Westerosi people are in desperate need for.

A badass plan would have been to pour fake poison into Olenna's glass, and then after she said what she was going to say, the torture could begin.

Or after Jaime leaves, Olenna drinks the antidote that Elyria surely gave to her at Dragonstone. lol.

Imagine that. Jamie comes back an hour later and she's still sitting on that chair.

"You're not... dead" <does his trademark confused face>

"My, you're a smart one. Jaime Lannister, Grandma slayer!

Dorne is fine with Cersei, the Reach is fine with Cersei. The only kingdom who really hates Cersei, has broken apart from the rest of the seven kingdoms. Winter has come and if Dany never comes, the commonfolk won't give a shit about who is sitting on the throne, hell no more nobles even care anymore. A war now just brings more death and destruction to a land already under a lot of death and destruction.

I know you love Dany, but she is in no way a hero that the Westerosi people are in desperate need for.

How is Dorne fine with Cersei?

jfkgoblue

How is Dorne fine with Cersei?

The only people who cared in Dorne are either dead or captured, thats why they backed out of supporting Dany.
I don't know what he's on about really.

The fact that there is a reason that Dany no longer has any Westerosi allies, all her Westerosi allies were individuals in it for revenge, and once those individuals were gone, the kingdoms backed out. Westeros doesn't want nor need a savior.

The only people who cared in Dorne are either dead or captured, thats why they backed out of supporting Dany.

That in no way means they're fine with Cersei though. From what we saw of the guards who let Ellaria murder Doran, they all seemed to fall in line with Ellaria and co.

Dorne may be ''out'', but fine with Cersei? Absolutely not.

I don't know what he's on about really.

I know lol, raised my eyebrow.

Heshinsi

Really?! Ellaria Sand murdered Prince Doran and his heir on the premise that every living person in Dorne was pissed that he hadn't started a war. Do you even watch this show? Lol

game-of-thrones-dornish-messenger-death.gif

Just finished up the episode, was not liking some of the cliche sounding dialogue in the first portion, but I loved the way the battle scene was shot. Going from scene to scene with someone telling the narrative of the battle, but you never knew who was actually going to the "victor"

Heshinsi

Then why did they back out if they wanted a war so badly?
Backed out of what? What are you talking about? I have no clue what you're referring to, absolutely no clue at all. A nation that allowed regicide on their royal family because they wanted every single Lannister strung up and killed, is suddenly going to be chill with Lannisters? What?!

jfkgoblue

They didn't back out, their strategy was cut off because of Euron's raid.

Where are you getting all of this off screen knowledge?

They still have an army, and Tyrion said in this very episode that they lost 2 allies when Jon was "brooding". If they wanted to still be involved in the war they wouldn't have been a lost ally.

Edit: err, Dany said it the following scene but the point still stands.

FStubbs

They still have an army, and Tyrion said in this very episode that they lost 2 allies.

Yara and what was left of the Tyrells after the Tyrell bannermen defected. I imagine Dorne is still in the game, they just need to coordinate somehow.

Danaerys is a whole lot weaker now, though, and in such a bad position I'm not sure how she turns it around unless either the North and the Vale help out, or Dorne itself is just that strong.

Heshinsi

They still have an army, and Tyrion said in this very episode that they lost 2 allies when Jon was "brooding". If they wanted to still be involved in the war they wouldn't have been a lost ally.
Yes, as in Yara and Ellaria. Two allies captured by the enemy. I can 100% guaran-fucking-tee you that if Dorne figures out their leadership, they'd be right back at it against Cersei. You don't walk back murdering your entire royal family because you want to start wars with the Lannisters.

Hell if I'm Dany, I'd be flying to Sunspear right now and taking personal command of the Dornish forces. She'd get it too. I'd probably even move my seat from Dragonstone to Dorne, incorporate it as crown territory, and make the Targaryen house the successor house to the now vacant Martell seat. No god damn army is going to successfully invade Dorne, so I'd be safe while I plan my moves from there.

jfkgoblue

Yes, as in Yara and Ellaria. Two allies captured by the enemy. I can 100% guaran-fucking-tee you that if Dorne figures out their leadership, they'd be right back at it against Cersei. You don't walk back murdering your entire royal family because you want to start wars with the Lannisters.

Hell if I'm Dany, I'd be flying to sunpear right now and taking personal command and f the Dornish forces. She'd get it too.

The figureheads don't matter... its the armies that do.

She definitely meant that she lost Dorne.

I am just going off what the shows says cuz D&D have the subtlety of a hammer.

Heshinsi

The figureheads don't matter... its the armies that do.

She definitely meant that she lost Dorne.

I am just going off what the shows says cuz D&D have the subtlety of a hammer.
Dorne's army is in tact and they hate those blonde lion cunts, period. She could send a raven down there, wrap instruction to invade KL by foot around its legs, and the Dornish would be on the move by sunrise. That's how much Dorne hates the Lannisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom