• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

televator

He wasn't even in season 5.

Did you miss the part where he says he saw Sansa at her wedding in her dress? The thing that happened in Season 5? We don't have to see him in any particular scene or season for there to be a chance that Bran could just time travel back to it off screen. It's also well established that he has the ability to warg whilst doing it.

Best episode of the season so far.
Nothing seemed too rushed, and there was actually time for conversations between the characters.
No Arya must mean she was travelling the entire episode, will probably arrive at Winterfell next episode. On the other hand, it took Bran an episode to get from the Wall to Winterfell, so she might only be half way.

Arya needs two episodes to travel home while Euron and Jaime gets half an episode to travel lol.

Did you miss the part where he says he saw Sansa at her wedding in her dress? The thing that happened in Season 5? We don't have to see him in any particular scene or season for there to be a chance that Bran could just time travel back to it off screen. It's also well established that he has the ability to warg whilst doing it.

Yeah because going back in time and interfering has no negative effects.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
he must have seen little finger betray his dad

If he did, it would probably be wise to tell Sansa before Littlefinger corrupt her mind further.

Best episode of the season so far.
Nothing seemed too rushed, and there was actually time for conversations between the characters.
No Arya must mean she was travelling the entire episode, will probably arrive at Winterfell next episode. On the other hand, it took Bran an episode to get from the Wall to Winterfell, so she might only be half way.

You should probably have learned by now that time doesn't make sense in GoT. It took less time for Jon to reach Dragonstone than Arya is taking to reach Winterfell, and she probably has less traveling to do.

Elandyll

Banned
Jon and Lord Davos got to Dragonstone in the time it took to remove stone skin!
And for the fresh wounds to dry up and scar. We're talking weeks, possibly 2+ months.

It was a rare, albeit probably too subtle, way to show how much time had passed.

As for Euron, I actually think it would be nice for him to get his ass whooped by Brienne, given his apparent high opinion of Women in general.

Crispy75

Remember this XKCD?

zC1qhEI.png

GoT is starting to look like the Primer diagram :D

Not sure if this has been discussed, but did anyone else notice how Littlefinger gave that long speech to Sansa about knowing everything, seeing every outcome, and then all of a sudden Bran shows up saying he sees everything? Was that just a coincidence or is it some kind of foreshadowing?

nubbe

Not sure if this has been discussed, but did anyone else notice how Littlefinger gave that long speech to Sansa about knowing everything, seeing every outcome, and then all of a sudden Bran shows up saying he sees everything? Was that just a coincidence or is it some kind of foreshadowing?

Euron is OP
But it wont matter since Bran is h4x0r g0d

Irminsul

Yeah, I caught that too. I have no idea what this could mean if it does mean anything, but it was definitely noticeable.

jm89

Littlefingers plot armour will save him from bran.

TAD

Yeah, I caught that too. I have no idea what this could mean if it does mean anything, but it was definitely noticeable.
Bran = Littlefinger, him seeing Cersei and Jaime going at it made him go mad with incestuous lust over his mother and sister, he's travelled back in time to...ok this is a stupid theory.

out of curiosity why are they keeping Johns resurrection a secret?

is that really out of the ordinary?

like you may be the mother of dragons. but this guy, this muther fucker was dead for 3 days and he came back.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

like you may be the mother of dragons. but this guy, this muther fucker was dead for 3 days and he came back.

Well, they're trying to convince them that there is an army of the dead coming and they already have a hard time believing that. Can you imagine what they would think if they also added "well, this guy got stabbed to death and came back to life"?

Symphonia

Banned

Dead is dead. You can fear the living, and pity the dead, but what do you do when the dead come back to life?

pestul

I think it was more to hide the fact that his own people murdered him, but I'm sure Davos could have given a good reason especially now that he's King of the North.

Addi

What are the chances of Bran sending a raven to Jon about his lineage since he is with his aunt? If the new Maester also keeps copies of every raven, Littlefinger might read it in the archives. But since Bran knows everything, that would also be intended.

pestul

Does anyone think that Jon's resurrection has given him any strange abilities / hindrances that he hasn't discovered yet?

Does anyone think that Jon's resurrection has given him any strange abilities / hindrances that he hasn't discovered yet?

the other red guy who keeps coming back said, that every time he came back he was missing a part of himself, and he didnt always comeback the same.

ya, but I do like the build up they are doing for the revelation from daenerys and tyrion realizing, holy shit. this muther fucker came back from the dead

Curufinwe

I think he may end up being immune to heat and fire like Dany is. Not all Targyerans are (RIP Viserys) but the show could be taking the position that Targyreans who are touched by magic are. Dany by the dragons being born, and Jon by being resurrected by R'hllor.

I doubt there will be any difference to him. There hasn't been so far.

There should have been some consequence but there has seemingly not been. The only hint of a change was when he was wanting to abandon everything and flee some place warm with sansa.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

People know dragons are real, they just thought they were extinct. I doubt there are many people in the world who have seen a resurrection.

Aurongel

If Jon hasn't shown any side effects from resurrection by this point then he likely won't at all. Otherwise it's something they would have started foreshadowing last season.

Einchy

If Jon hasn't shown any side effects from resurrection by this point then he likely won't at all. Otherwise it's something they would have started foreshadowing last season.
They've said coming back makes you lose a piece of yourself, so I don't think Jon gained anything, since it goes against what we've learned about resurrection.

Tawpgun

Jon probably would rather not mention it, only raised unnecessary questions.

But the for viewers, it would mean Dany would realize the Lord of Light resurrected Jon, and Dany might take that as him being the chosen one in the prophecy.

Speaking of Melisandre. She said she brought fire and ice together. Was that supposed to be some kind of prophecy I forgot? Was it ever mentioned in the show? Does she know the truth about Jon? It seemed like Varys was in on it too.

Pagusas

Elden Member
They've said coming back makes you lose a piece of yourself, so I don't think Jon gained anything, since it goes against what we've learned about resurrection.

He lost the boy. (as in lost his boy like innocent view of the world)

Einchy

Jon probably would rather not mention it, only raised unnecessary questions.

But the for viewers, it would mean Dany would realize the Lord of Light resurrected Jon, and Dany might take that as him being the chosen one in the prophecy.

Speaking of Melisandre. She said she brought fire and ice together. Was that supposed to be some kind of prophecy I forgot? Was it ever mentioned in the show? Does she know the truth about Jon? It seemed like Varys was in on it too.
That was just a reference to the books since it's called "A song of Ice and Fire".

Goddamn book readers in the show.
He lost the boy. (as in lost his boy like innocent view of the world)
He was told to kill the boy, though, so wouldn't that be a net positive?

I'm surprised someone didn't pull Daenerys aside and tell her that Ned Stark had originally resigned his position as Hand after King Robert ordered her to be found and executed. Lord Varys knew about this, and I'm sure Tyrion was made aware of it. She sees everyone in Westeros as a potential enemy, but House Stark would have been awarded a special place and received her unconditional devotion.

Croc

Banned
so I don't remember the exact dialogue from the scene with Bran and how specifically the wedding night happened with Ramsey so maybe there's something there that'd make my understanding wrong, but my interpretation of that Bran scene was that he can see everything but he doesn't necessarily understand or have the full context of what he's seeing. Like maybe he thought it was just her wedding night and she looked pretty and was trying to compliment her but didn't realize what happened that night?

pestul

I think he may end up being immune to heat and fire like Dany is. Not all Targyerans are (RIP Viserys) but the show could be taking the position that Targyreans who are touched by magic are. Dany by the dragons being born, and Jon by being resurrected by R'hllor.
Everyone keeps pointing out that he was burned by the lantern earlier and I don't think the resurrection itself would give him that ability. If D&D choose to go that way, I hope they have a great explanation for it. I could see one of the dragons interacting with Jon uniquely and that might raise some eyebrows.

In the preview they show
Brienne swinging a sword at someone. Who do you guys think that will be? Will Cersei have already tried attack the army in the North?

zethren

Banned
Everyone keeps pointing out that he was burned by the lantern earlier and I don't think the resurrection itself would give him that ability. If D&D choose to go that way, I hope they have a great explanation for it. I could see one of the dragons interacting with Jon uniquely and that might raise some eyebrows.

In the preview they show
Brienne swinging a sword at someone. Who do you guys think that will be? Will Cersei have already tried attack the army in the North?

Well, the lord of light brought him back. And the lord of light is associate with fire. That would be a fine explanation, I feel.

I don't really don't see how Littlefinger is winning right now, or what his game plan is. None of the Starks trust him. He really overplayed his hand with Jon, who nearly choked him. None of the other houses in the North like or trust him. Sansa seems impervious to anything he says. Is he just wasting his time there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom