• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Euron can't beat Cersei on the revenge game, what she did to the Sand Snakes was pretty genius. If there's a Westorosi Oscars for revenge, she won it.

Croc

Banned
Nope, he took Yara with him when he left.

I was wondering why he even took her into the throne room in the first place. I guess he wanted to make 100% sure she didn't escape.

Yeah that's what confused me. I remember seeing her in there when he gave the other two to her so I was just assuming he gave her Yara as well but she just wasn't as valuable a gift so they didn't focus on her.

Galang

Banned
Arya has the best revenge kills and kills in the series and I doubt she will ever be topped. I bet we'll see one more great one from her too

Arya wins

Yeah. I mean, Cersei went with the "you did this to my daughter so I will do the exact same thing to your daughter." That's a fine revenge. Arya went full Scott Tenorman; you stabbed my brother and mother, so I'm going to feed you your children and then kill every single person in your family. That's scorched Earth right there.

Zolo

Lol def. I guess that was her real body right? I remember the walk of shame was apparently a body double since she was a pregnant at the time.

Pretty sure it was still a body double since their face was always away from the camera during nude scenes.

Pretty sure it was still a body double since their face was always away from the camera during nude scenes.

That was a body double.

giphy.gif

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Well, they're trying to convince them that there is an army of the dead coming and they already have a hard time believing that. Can you imagine what they would think if they also added "well, this guy got stabbed to death and came back to life"?

Dany went into funeral pyre and walked out of it alive. She lit a room full of dudes planning on raping and selling her into slavery on fire, and walked out of it untouched. Now I know that people in Westeros might not know that about her, and the only person in Westeros to witness both deeds being Jorah, but I would imagine that Dany wouldn't be too shocked about what happened to him. That could have even been an ice breaker moment between the two of them.

"What, in the heart and everything and you came back?! Wow! I don't have anything that cool, actually yeah I do...so there they were sitting around debating if they were going sell me, rape me, or do both, and I was like no you little losers...yeah yeah, the big lit cauldron I told you in the middle of the room. Grabbed it with both hands and knocked it over, 'oops!'...I come out of the inferno and I could just imagine a theme song playing in my mind, 'DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN! DUN! DUN! DUN! DUN! Dundun dededun Dundun dededun doodoodoo dooo do doo doodoodoo dooo DO deDOO'...Oh it was fucking glorious mate...nothing too fancy with yours? Oh just some words and you woke up? That's still awesome. You came back, I can't be burned, can we fuck already?!"

I think he may end up being immune to heat and fire like Dany is. Not all Targyerans are (RIP Viserys) but the show could be taking the position that Targyreans who are touched by magic are. Dany by the dragons being born, and Jon by being resurrected by R'hllor.

Dany was showing signs she couldn't be burnt long before the dragons were born though.

I think with the starks by his side especially sansa they can convince robin to side with them, or get lady mormont to beat his ass.

Lady Mormont being betrothed to Robin would be genius level play by the North. Have the Vale run by an ally (let's be honest, she'd be the true power there), and hopefully get Edmure back to running the Riverlands.

So, would we prefer Jon bend the knee? Or was he right to refuse? What harm would it do? I mean does he just not trust that she's the rightful queen? It sounded like it. Like he has plans on taking that throne for himself or his sister. At least Tyrion was able to convince her to just let him have the Dragonglass. All she wants is King's Landing so I'm sure she knows later once she has the throne she'll be able to force him to kneel if she needs to. At least in her mind. I dunno. I'm just talking out my butt.

Did you see how those lords of the North reacted when Jon told them he's going south? They'd riot if he came back and told them he bent the knee. I can't wait to see their reaction when they find out what Jon truly is.

Yeah, Dany is losing people right and left because of Euron. God he's a magnificent bastard. But I still think she can win.

Also, I loved the introduction scene as Missandei takes forever to introduce Dany...

"You are standing in the presence of Danerys Stormborn of House Targaryn, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains...."

"This is John Snow........... He's King of the North."

What's funny to me, is that the bit all the way to "...Protector of the Seven Kingdoms" is used as protocol when introducing Westerosi monarchs and claimants to the Throne. Ser Davos himself made that same proclamation when he introduced Stannis to the Iron Bank, right after the head guy called him, "lord Stannis." The bits after that point are her true accomplishments. She is unburnt, she is the breaker of chains, she is the mother of dragons, etc. So why does it bother people that Missandei (she's the only one who does this) does exactly what Davos and others have continuously done for other reagents?

Here's the Davos Iron Bank scene in case it's been forgotten that he too can also throw out titles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCfHmUrf68

I'm wondering if there is a mole in the ranks of Jon, Dany, and co. The greyjoy fleet getting completely blindsided and the lannisters totally anticipating the raid on casterly rock seemed too well-coordinated to be just tactics and guesses. Unless the show's plotting is just that poor. Because I honestly thought Cersei was screwed at the end of last season, it's just a little too convenient she gets the Tyrell gold to literally buy herself an army to fight with.

I just wanna see Bran warg into a fucking dragon already is that so much to ask?

In Danny's company? Sure, maybe. Somehow Jamie learned of exactly what Grey worms and Tyrells armies were doing far in advance and positioned his armies accordingly. The show didn't really explain how he knew all that.

Jon and Dany aren't collaborating in any way other than mining Dragon glass. There's no reason yet to think there is a mole in Jon's company as well.

Yeah the fact that they brought up it can take awhile to die depending on the persons constitution, leaves a huge opportunity for Bronn to return the favor.

Screw Danny/Jon im all in for Bronn/Bad Pussy!

yeah the whole sand snake thing was heavily focused on tyene. bronn needs his happy ending

pablito

Not when she got cleaned by Septas, or during her shame walk though.

edit: there were times the camera was behind her, or she was turned around. But she faced the camera in those shots as well.

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah the fact that they brought up it can take awhile to die depending on the persons constitution, leaves a huge opportunity for Bronn to return the favor.

Screw Danny/Jon im all in for Bronn/Bad Pussy!

Bronn saving her would be pure fanservice and totally against what Bronn is. I'd be really pissed.

Nameless

I wonder where people are landing on whether Cersei is evil or not now?

"She was good, she was mine, and you killed her -- why did you do that!?"

*Her expression cools and hardens like ice, the pain & sadness disappear*

"Doesn't matter now..."

She's capable of utterly ruthless and evil things, never denied that, but even amid delivering savage vengeance you still very clearly see the hurt and humanity driving it all. Her punishment for Elaria runs parallel to the love she had for Myrcella

Einchy

i couldnt roll my eyes enough when cersei suddenly knew everything that daenerys was planning.

Jaime*

Tyrion knew that Jamie knew they were attacking Casterly Rock and expected them to have a shit ton of drops there, he didn't know Casterly Rock didn't have any gold and was useless, so they went to Highgarden instead.

Heshinsi

"Doesn't matter now..."

She's capable of utterly ruthless and evil things, never denied that, but even amid delivering savage vengeance you still very clearly see the hurt and humanity driving it all. Her punishment for Elaria runs parallel to the love she had for Myrcella

Yeah that scene was actually really good. I felt bad for Tyene, but her mother is a Grade A fucking idiot. All things considered, I actually expected a helluva lot worse, something more akin to what she had planned for Lady O. Lena Headey is an amazing actor. She made it hard to feel bad for Ellaria when what she was saying was the truth. You made this about daughters Ellaria, now reap what you sow.

Einchy

"Doesn't matter now..."

It blows my mind that some people think Cersei never actually loved her kids.

Heshinsi

I hope the reason The Night King is heading south is because he is looking for a bride worthy of him. This whole thing was about love, awww. I'm 100% confident, that if the Night King told Cersei he's cut a path of death and destruction through Westeros in an attempt to win her hand, she'd look at Jamie and go, "isn't he so romantic?!" The Night King is Thanos.

UrbanRats

Yeah that scene was actually really good. I felt bad for Tyene, but her mother is a Grade A fucking idiot. All things considered, I actually expected a helluva lot worse, something more akin to what she had planned for Lady O. Lena Headey is an amazing actor. She made it hard to feel bad for Ellaria when what she was saying was the truth. You made this about daughters Ellaria, now reap what you sow.

I didn't feel bad for Ellaria.
She was an idiot, her husband was an idiot, and she and her three daughters were assholes anyway.
They played the same game Cersei was playing, and they lost.

Heshinsi

She was an idiot, her husband was an idiot, and she and her three daughters were assholes anyway.

Don't put Prince Oberyn in the same pile as those moronic fools. Prince Oberyn was overwhelmed with anger and frustration at seeing the man responsible for killing his sister and her children, dying before him having not confessed who the order came from. It was his only chance to officially have Tywin's name tied to those heinous crimes.

Just noticed another Rhaegar nod. Jon says he doesn't enjoy the thing he is good at (presumably fighting and killing). Note that Danny and Selmy had a conversation about Rhaegar a few seasons back, in which Selmy afirmed that he (Rhaegar) didn't like killing.

-griffy-

Banned

"Doesn't matter now..."

She loved Myrcella, but she was relishing in the torment she was doling out. It went beyond simple tit for tat revenge. That smile on her face throughout the scene was perhaps the happiest we've seen her in the entire series, and it was very disturbing, compounded by how the whole thing seemed to sexually arouse her leading into the next scene. She's approaching Ramsay and Joffrey sociopath levels. (Related, Lena Heady's performance in that scene was exquisite, she deserves a nomination this year).

Compare her reaction to Tyrion's when he killed Shae and Tywin, or when Jon executed those who killed him.

You can't equate Oberyn's last mistake to Ellaria's bloodshed.
Oberyn loved his family, he told Cersei they don't hurt little girls in Dorne.
The man had some semblance of honour, after Tyrion was almost all out of luck he offered him a chance where both of them could get justice.

He overplayed his hand and it killed him, but he wasn't stupid.
Oberyn simply wasn't murdered, he lost in a battle he chose to fight in.

Ellaria on the other hand murdered HIS remaining family members, innocent family members, before that she murdered an innocent girl who had nothing to do with the conflict.
She took Elia and Oberyn's deaths and used that for her bloodshed of innocent people.

sangreal

Jaime*

Tyrion knew that Jamie knew they were attacking Casterly Rock and expected them to have a shit ton of drops there, he didn't know Casterly Rock didn't have any gold and was useless, so they went to Highgarden instead.

he did though? he was the master of coin

With so many houses going extinct, when the Long Night comes and goes I wonder how life in Westeros continues.

Whoever survives will probably be ranked as high as those who lived during the Age of Heroes thousands of years before GoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom