• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Cersei only wanted to kill her because she grew out her hair, made Cersei look worse.
VBjH2Vn.png

And she would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling gaffers.

Speevy

Banned
Meera: "Sansa, please take him in so I can go home. He won't let me go home. I try to leave and he...he can control my every thou..."

*Bran interrupts*

Bran: "Meera, you've disappointed me. Don't you understand how much I love you? It's time for my bath now, Meera. You know what I want."

*Meera walks towards Bran in a trance-like state*

Nameless

who? ned?

i dont think he was even top 10

"You're too modest. I've seen you cut down a dozen great Knights"

-Ser Barristan the GOAT

We saw him fight prime Jaime to a draw and hang with prime Arthur Dayne for a bit --certainly longer than his garbage companions who all got one-shotted almost immediately. Howland Reed's performance was particularly disgraceful.

Not sure exactly where he ranks but I don't think it's a stretch to put him in the top 10 or 15.

Ned vs Jaime fight, looks like Jaime was having fun, and Ned was struggling and had to force himself to step up his game, in which looked like Jaime didn't expect.

But since Ice is a great sword, I was thinking maybe wasn't at his best without in that fight, but he seems to do fine with Ice at the Tower of Joy.

Ned vs Jaime fight, looks like Jaime was having fun, and Ned was struggling and had to force himself to step up his game, in which looked like Jaime didn't expect.

But since Ice is a great sword, I was thinking maybe wasn't at his best without in that fight, but he seems to do fine with Ice at the Tower of Joy.

He only uses Ice once to decapitate the Nights Watch deserter. Its only seen twice after that him cleaning it and being melted in season 4.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

I don't think that was Ice.

There's probably a better shot but you can see the sword's length in the fight pretty well here.
Ss4rmQf.png

Then you have Ice that looks like it came straight out of Berserk.
s1dQnzm.jpg

He only uses Ice once to decapitate the Nights Watch deserter. Its only seen twice after that him cleaning it and being melted in season 4.

I don't think that was Ice.

There's probably a better shot but you can see the sword's length in the fight pretty well here.
Ss4rmQf.png

Then you have Ice that looks like it came straight out of Berserk.
s1dQnzm.jpg

I'm saying I always thought Ice was his main weapon is why he struggled a bit against Jaime, and he didn't have it on him at the time of the fight during Season 1.

But he uses a regular long sword against Ser Dayne last season, so I think he is pretty proficient with a long sword, so I'm going to conclude, Jaime is a better swordsman than him.

Nameless

Idk, I felt that both were really into it. Ned trying to avenge Jory and the rest of his men, and Jaime facing a rare challenge. Beating Ned would've been a nice feather in his cap which is why he was so disappointed when his man intervened.

Ned didn't take ice to kings landing. It stayed in winterfell until Rob took it South. Although Rob didn't use it either.

Did he take it?

How did tywin get his hands on it exactly.

Nameless

Ned didn't take ice to kings landing. It stayed in winterfell until Rob took it South. Although Rob didn't use it either.

Did he take it?

Ned brought Ice to KL but we don't see him fight with it. Ser Illyn uses it to behead him.

Tywin melts it down to commemorate his victory over House Stark following the Red Wedding.

Did he take it?

I don't recall if they mentioned him bringing it to KL, but I figured he didn't carry it with him as he went about the city cause it was unwieldy to have that strapped to his back or have someone carry it.

Either way, I just thought it was the weapon he was most comfortable using and he didn't have it in the only fight we see him in prior to the Tower of Joy.

Addi

In case this wasn't posted:

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGRyzfBUMAAyFmX.jpg[/IMG]

Lol! There's obviously a reason why he chose to talk about that though, Littlefinger just gave her a speech about expecting every outcome, meaning his excuses last season were bullshit and that he knew what happened to her was a possibility. Shit's about to go down!

vsMIC

Lol! There's obviously a reason why he chose to talk about that though, Littlefinger just gave her a speech about expecting every outcome, meaning his excuses last season were bullshit and that he knew what happened to her was a possibility. Shit's about to go down!

damn, good point. i missed that.

In case this wasn't posted:

Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGRyzfBUMAAyFmX.jpg[/IMG]

Funny but stupid as shit.

Bran: I am the 3ER I see everything.
Sansa: what does that mean.
Bran: Hard to explain.
Sansa: Try to explain to me how you are the 3ER.

Bran: LF killed father
Sansa: Cool, prove it

Bran: Jon is a Targ
Sansa: BS, prove it

Bran: WW are close
Sansa: Yeah, Jon says the same thing, big deal.

Bran: Details of your wedding night I should have no way of knowing
Sansa: .....

They should grind the dragon glass into powder and use it like a biological weapon.
I don't know if you were joking with this, but I think this could have worked. But like Tyrion said; "people's minds aren't made for problems this big" something like that, so I don't think Jon would think of a way to make it work.
That he's not a real lannister

Dun dun dun!
So did Jaime become a fake Lannister back when he was Robb's prisoner and then lost his hand

Or any other thing that happened to her while Bran was away.

Artdayne

"You're too modest. I've seen you cut down a dozen great Knights"

-Ser Barristan the GOAT

We saw him fight prime Jaime to a draw and hang with prime Arthur Dayne for a bit --certainly longer than his garbage companions who all got one-shotted almost immediately. Howland Reed's performance was particularly disgraceful.

Not sure exactly where he ranks but I don't think it's a stretch to put him in the top 10 or 15.

/clears throat

Barristan is not the GOAT, even George RR Martin says as much.

I don't know if you were joking with this, but I think this could have worked. But like Tyrion said; "people's minds aren't made for problems this big" something like that, so I don't think Jon would think of a way to make it work.

His boy Sam will find some forbidden manuscript to a prototype rocket lol

yea pretty much my feeling on why he said it.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
There is something going on with the Valyrian blades for sure. We see Cat's Paw in the old books, we see a shot of Cat's paw in Episode 4 preview.

I found it rather odd that Ollena makes a comment about Jaime having Goffrey's Widow's Wail. It made no sense to talk about that when you're about to die.

To me, it was to educate the audience that Jamie has another Valyrian blade that can be used to fight the white walkers.

Not saying Jaime will, but someone might pry it from his cold dead hands.... say Tyrion Lannister.

Because Widow's Wail is now the House sword of the Lannisters, since Jamie gave Oathkeeper to Briene.

Yes Valyrian steel swords one hit kill White Walkers but not the weights they control. What happens when the White Walkers realise this and just sit back and allow their unstoppable army to wash over everything? That White Walker Jon killed didn't even have to be down there. Buddy was just showing off and got caught showboating. All those Widlings at Hardhome were destroyed by the weights.

He'd have to know what kinda person Ramsay was for him to have predicted what he'd do. Hell even Robb had no idea what Ramsay would be like. There was a scene where Roose tells Robb that he'll send his bastard to retake Winterfell from Theon, and Robb was like, "yeah, cool cool! Make sure he keeps Theon alive for me though."

There are plenty of other things that he could have brought up in reference to Sansa though. If he can see things that happened in KL, then he could bring up who truly killed Joffrey. He could mention the secret talks Lady Olenna had with her when she wanted to know what kinda person Joffrey was. He could have brought up how the Hound saved her and later gave her the option to leave KL with him. He didn't have to go for the Ramsay raping her move.

aBarreras

Yes Valyrian steel swords one hit kill White Walkers but not the weights they control. What happens when the White Walkers realise this and just sit back and allow their unstoppable army to wash over everything? That White Walker Jon killed didn't even have to be down there. Buddy was just showing off and got caught showboating. All those Widlings at Hardhome were destroyed by the weights.

He'd have to know what kinda person Ramsay was for him to have predicted what he'd do. Hell even Robb had no idea what Ramsay would be like. There was a scene where Roose tells Robb that he'll send his bastard to retake Winterfell from Theon, and Robb was like, "yeah, cool cool! Make sure he keeps Theon alive for me though."

There are plenty of other things that he could have brought up in reference to Sansa though. If he can see things that happened in KL, then he could bring up who truly killed Joffrey. He could mention the secret talks Lady Olenna had with her when she wanted to know what kinda person Joffrey was. He could have brought up how the Hound saved her and later gave her the option to leave KL with him. He didn't have to go for the Ramsay raping her move.

i mean he said that he can see everything in fragments and stuff, he doesnt decide what to see i think, so yeah it is not like he has a menu where he can select places and times or stuff, he sees what he sees

I'm not arguing that he could have said other things instead of that night. I'm arguing that whoever made that used 3 other horribly poor examples.

If they had used what you mentioned, with the night she was raped as the final option then I'd understand, but as is, it's dumb.

Also, why Fallout when you've got Skyrim, snow, dragons, castles, draugr even have blue eyes.

Really, the idea is great but just the whole execution is shit and wasted on something that could have been good, for it's effort.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
i mean he said that he can see everything in fragments and stuff, he doesnt decide what to see i think, so yeah it is not like he has a menu where he can select places and times or stuff, he sees what he sees

So of all the fragments he is privy to, the only bits he has of Sansa is when she got raped by Ramsay? I find that highly suspect. Dude was going back into vision states (Tower of Joy) like he was hitting the play button off of a remote.

I'm not arguing that he could have said other things instead of that night. I'm arguing that whoever made that used 3 other horribly poor examples.

If they had used what you mentioned, with the night she was raped as the final option then I'd understand, but as is, it's dumb.

Also, why Fallout when you've got Skyrim, snow, dragons, castles, draugr even have blue eyes.

Really, the idea is great but just the whole execution is shit and wasted on something that could have been good, for it's effort.

That's fair. I was thinking you were contesting that Bran could only use the Ramsay rape as a means to convince Sansa he was the real deal.

I'm saying I always thought Ice was his main weapon is why he struggled a bit against Jaime, and he didn't have it on him at the time of the fight during Season 1.

But he uses a regular long sword against Ser Dayne last season, so I think he is pretty proficient with a long sword, so I'm going to conclude, Jaime is a better swordsman than him.

Ice was the Stark family sword, given to the Lord of Winterfell. He did have it with him Vs. Jaime. Thats how Tywin has it melted down and made into 2 swords, Oathkeeper and Widows Wale. And Yes, Jaime was regarded as the better swordsman early on

These Bran topics about how he has only seen bits and pieces and only saw Sansa in her white wedding dress but not anything before or after that

First of all, these really just sound like poor excuse that can maybe try and explain the weird mental that Bran is in. Explanations that the writers aren't bothering to give some exposition too, and just comes off as really unsatisfying to watch.

Second of all, before he said that, he started off by saying "I'm sorry for the things that happened to you Sansa, right here at home in this castle."

I don't remember the dialogue verbatim but he says this then references Sanaa's rape night, so the whole "bits and pieces" thing isn't an excuse. It was just a bad scene, almost everything about Bran's return and reunion with Sansa was poorly executed.

Edit: sorry for double post

The point of a Valyrian blade is sharpness and weight. The show does a piss poor job of highlighting the benefits on the TV show.

There was one incident where they showed what it can do. That's Brienne vs Littlefinger's men. She cut a sword in half and killed the guy.

Noctix

Ice was the Stark family sword, given to the Lord of Winterfell. He did have it with him Vs. Jaime. Thats how Tywin has it melted down and made into 2 swords, Oathkeeper and Widows Wale. And Yes, Jaime was regarded as the better swordsman early on

No he left it at winterfell and then robb had it.
He chopped off karstak head with it. He was seen carrying it a few time i think. He brought it with him to red weddings. After that incident tywin got it. Remember tywin even mentions to jamie he got it from some one who doesnt need it anymore.

But the producers said Baelish didn't know that Ramsay was Ramsay.

KHlover

Banned
Yo it could work...but needless to say doesn't really fit Throne's tone. Too advanced
Actually Haviland Tuf is going to descend on the planet and make a deal with whoever sits on the Iron Throne at that moment to solve the WW problem in an ecologically sustainable way.

EDIT:
Since I'm already a bit Off-Topic with this anyways: Varys' actor would make for an excellent Haviland Tuf.

Everything feels really rushed. It just feels like they are just tieing up loose ends rather than allowing things to play out naturally. Like there are 0 spies/forward ships so you can move your entire army/fleet completely unseen/unnoticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom