• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

televator

I wonder if the Faceless Men will come into play again? They work on a contractual basis, no? So technically Cersie or the Bank of Bravos could fork out the cash to take someone out.

Volimar

I wonder if the Faceless Men will come into play again? They work on a contractual basis, no? So technically Cersie or the Bank of Bravos could fork out the cash to take someone out.

I was so disappointed in the faceless men to discover that they were just assassins for hire. All their holier than thou talk about the God of death expecting a name etc. and it all comes down to coin.

televator

I was so disappointed in the faceless men to discover that they were just assassins for hire. All their holier than thou talk about the God of death expecting a name etc. and it all comes down to coin.

Yeah, their sanctimony is just that. Many faced god demands a new face = We got paid a buncha gold to shank that dude, mmmmmkay? Cash money. Dolla, dolla bills y'all.

I'm glad Arya said nope to that.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
also randyl tarly fought for the mad king in roberts rebellion

If Olenna hadn't invited brown people and eunuchs over, buddy would have honoured his oaths to house Tyrell, and would have led the campaign to avenge his fallen Liege Lord and Queen. But damn you Olenna for having him choose between honour and xenophobia. Funny thing is, had he not betrayed House Tyrell, even at the worst of it, none of what Cersei was saying that the Dothraki and Unsullied would do, would have happened in his neck of the woods anyways. They'd be allies.

I don't think it's worth going too deep into oaths and honour and xenophobia concerning Tarly. Him switching sides on a whim and Euron's warp drive are just ass pulls in the writing room so that Cersei didn't get all of her shit wrecked 5 minutes into the season. Not much more to it.

I'm not even mad though because Tyrion taking such a big handful of Ls in one episode was kind of fun.

The Lannister pulling a 1UP on Dany both when the Greyjoy fleet were travelling and when Greyworm landed was far too coincidental. Someone is working against Dany on her council.
It's just my theory but this might be because Qyburn getting influence over Varys' little birds, like Cersei ordered him to do. That would be an interesting twist.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I don't think it's worth going too deep into oaths and honour and xenophobia concerning Tarly. Him switching sides on a whim and Euron's warp drive are just ass pulls in the writing room so that Cersei didn't get all of her shit wrecked 5 minutes into the season. Not much more to it.

I'm not even mad though because Tyrion taking such a big handful of Ls in one episode was kind of fun.
Man they could have remedied many of these problems by getting Dany to Westeros a lot sooner. Then she could spend a little bit building allies and losing them more naturally. She gained Yara, Dorne and the Reach as allies in two episodes, and then proceeded to lose them in the next three episodes lol.

It's just my theory but this might be because Qyburn getting influence over Varys' little birds, like Cersei ordered him to do. That would be an interesting twist.

There aren't any little kids running around Dragonstone though.

I should be asleep at this time, but something has been bothering me this season. Let's use Yara Greyjoy as an example of time.
She left the Iron Islands with a fleet of ships to go meet Dany.
She eventually meets her and takes her to Dragonstone.
They all plan their attack. She is captured and taken to King's Landing.
She eventually ends up off the shore of Casterly Rock.

Now, all of this HAD to have taken months, right?
You would think with all this times passed Cersei's hair would have grown out by now.

Volimar

I should be asleep at this time, but something has been bothering me this season. Let's use Yara Greyjoy as an example of time.
She left the Iron Islands with a fleet of ships to go meet Dany.
She eventually meets her and takes her to Dragonstone.
They all plan their attack. She is captured and taken to King's Landing.
She eventually ends up off the shore of Casterly Rock.

Now, all of this HAD to have taken months, right?
You would think with all this times passed Cersei's hair would have grown out by now.

Maybe she likes it that way now. Definitely looked good on her Vulcan handmaiden.

Yooooo

Sky Atlantic is fucking up. They just leaked a big scene thats from next weeks episode, during a next week on game of thrones spot playing during another shows credits.

I mean seriously. Be vigilant if you want to remain pure.

Vashetti

Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if Arya's last scene in the series is being killed by Jaqen/a faceless man for taking so many lives and abusing their secrets.

FStubbs

I wouldn't be surprised if Arya's last scene in the series is being killed by Jaqen/a faceless man for taking so many lives and abusing their secrets.

While sad, that would make sense.

My thought was that Arya would realize that she really isn't Arya Stark anymore - Arya is just another face she wears, and return to the faceless men. Jaqen greets her and says "Welcome back, Arya Stark" and she says "A girl once wore that face, but now a girl is no one" and he opens the door as she goes back in. All according to Jaqen/Syrio's plan since Season 1.

She'd also leave Needle in Jon's bedroom so he knows wherever Arya is she's alive.

Either that or she gets a ship and sails to see what's actually west of Westeros.

I would stop watching the show if that was the twist. Circe has shown time and time again that does not give a shit about anyone else but her. Hell, she pushed her own son to suicide and didn't give a shit. No amount of character development in the next two seasons will make your twist believable.

Why would you stop watching the show right at the end? This is my prediction for season 8 and if you're saying it won't be predictable then it's not something out of the realm of possibility for this story, then.

Maybe she likes it that way now. Definitely looked good on her Vulcan handmaiden.

That's actually a pretty subtle hint that the court is following Cersei's every whim including imitating her haircut. Wouldn't want to get on her bad side by sporting long hair after she had her's cut.

Addi

There's probably going to be a Theon and Jon reunion on Dragonstone, wonder how that will go down, they haven't seen each other since season 1. I wonder what Theon will do now, he has lost everything.

Speaking of the Greyjoys. Maybe there's a mole in the Yara and Theon crew. One of the boats was almost unharmed. That could explain how Euron knew where they were and the plan regarding Casterly rock.

Yooooo

Sky Atlantic is fucking up. They just leaked a big scene thats from next weeks episode, during a next week on game of thrones spot playing during another shows credits.

You say 'leaked' but that just makes it sound like the next episode preview, was it something else?

No, I think that's done. The whole faceless men thing was such a waste of time. They could have easily show how skilled Arya has become through them in 2 episodes spanning years

If we do get an undead dragon, I wonder if part of getting all the valyrian steel swords in play will be to ultimately smelt them down to create a bolt to take it down.

Don't know why I just thought of that, but I've always felt it would be a ridiculous to have all the sword wielding people in Westeros to go head to head with the key White Walkers and kill them all, especially when dragon glass tipped weapons will do just fine killing them.

zsynqx

Yooooo

Yeah I saw that as well. Tbh it just made me more excited.

Its official promo, but its stuff thats not in the HBO trailer, and its something that really has no business being tagged on to the end of a simpsons episode (I think thats what it was).
Was the one you saw a scene between two characters at Winterfell?

There is something going on with the Valyrian blades for sure. We see Cat's Paw in the old books, we see a shot of Cat's paw in Episode 4 preview.

I found it rather odd that Ollena makes a comment about Jaime having Goffrey's Widow's Wail. It made no sense to talk about that when you're about to die.

To me, it was to educate the audience that Jamie has another Valyrian blade that can be used to fight the white walkers.

Not saying Jaime will, but someone might pry it from his cold dead hands.... say Tyrion Lannister.

Because Widow's Wail is now the House sword of the Lannisters, since Jamie gave Oathkeeper to Briene.

Curufinwe

Pretending Tarly supported the Crown on a whim against a foreign invasion when he had already been clearly shown to be a virulent xenophobe is hopelessly clueless criticism.

Curufinwe

That's actually a pretty subtle hint that the court is following Cersei's every whim including imitating her haircut. Wouldn't want to get on her bad side by sporting long hair after she had her's cut.

Bernadette has seen some shit.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/game-of-thrones-cersei-maid-bernadette-arya-haircut

bern-qj.gif
bern-s2-period.gif

Don't give me too much detail but tell me who were the two characters involved.
Unless of course two characters is a massive spoiler

Its not a spoiler of who it involves if you watched the HBO preview. But what they were doing should have been saved for the show. Its not some huge plot spoiler but I would think most people would prefer not to see this and go in blind.

Khansolo1

Its not a spoiler of who it involves if you watched the HBO preview. But what they were doing should have been saved for the show. Its not some huge plot spoiler but I would think most people would prefer not to see this and go in blind.
That is getting me hyped up. not going to ask for any more info

aBarreras

There is something going on with the Valyrian blades for sure. We see Cat's Paw in the old books, we see a shot of Cat's paw in Episode 4 preview.

I found it rather odd that Ollena makes a comment about Jaime having Goffrey's Widow's Wail. It made no sense to talk about that when you're about to die.

To me, it was to educate the audience that Jamie has another Valyrian blade that can be used to fight the white walkers.

Not saying Jaime will, but someone might pry it from his cold dead hands.... say Tyrion Lannister.

Because Widow's Wail is now the House sword of the Lannisters, since Jamie gave Oathkeeper to Briene.

even thought i think that yes, olena mention widow's wail to jamie so the audiences remembers that is a valyrian steel sword, she just wanted to bring Joffrey so she could drop the bomb about how poisoned him.

so it kindas make sense to talk about the sword

No way Tyrion uses a sword, total antithesis of his character.

Vashetti

Banned
Shortest ep of the season coming up this week

Episode 1: 59 minutes.
Episode 2: 59 minutes.
Episode 3: 63 minutes.
Episode 4: 50 minutes.
Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Shortest ep of the season coming up this week

Episode 1: 59 minutes.
Episode 2: 59 minutes.
Episode 3: 63 minutes.
Episode 4: 50 minutes.
Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.

Yeah, that's bullshit. The 81 minute one feels ways shorter when I know ten minutes is missing from one.

If 6 and 7 doesn't have crazy shit happening every second, ima riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom