• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, they had him going out in such a shitty way. Couldn't they at least have had him kill a shit ton of guys before getting killed? That way he could have at least reflected that badassery that he projected.

aBarreras

Man, they had him going out in such a shitty way. Couldn't they at least have had him kill a shit ton of guys before getting killed? That way he could have at least reflected that badassery that he projected.

talking about barristan? yeah he went out like a fucking chump

Einchy

Little Finger said to Ramsey before the weeding he didn't know anything about him since he used to be a bastard
Yeah, he wasn't lying when he said he didn't know. If there's one thing we know about Littlefinger is that he loves Cat and that love has transferred to Sansa, he wouldn't have macarrones her off if he thought she was in danger. Even Rosse was not a fan of the way Ramsay was acting with Sansa since she was such an important piece to holding power in the North.

Volimar

Could have shown him fighting like he did and then just cut to Grey Worm working his way to Barristan to find him dead surrounded by piles and piles of dead baddies.

aBarreras

Could have shown him fighting like he did and then just cut to Grey Worm working his way to Barristan to find him dead surrounded by piles and piles of dead baddies.

this is exactly what i was thinking, maybe him finally succumbing to the wounds when grey worm gets to him or something

Yeah, he wasn't lying when he said he didn't know. If there's one thing we know about Littlefinger is that he loves Cat and that love has transferred to Sansa, he wouldn't have macarrones her off if he thought she was in danger. Even Rosse was not a fan of the way Ramsay was acting with Sansa since she was such an important piece to holding power in the ]That's why is so dumb. No way Littlefinger should be that naive not to know who Ramsay is.

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Volimar

This crap didn't happen in the b***s. That's why is so dumb. No way Littlefinger should be that naive not to know who Ramsay is.

ViIS9Uq.gif

If he was going to die, I much rather he die this season or the next, but I guess if they had someone with military experience, we see Dany, be brought down low this season so when she wins, her victory would be more impressive.

Is GRRMs comparison of Dayne and Barristan considered book talk?

The title of this thread says Read the OP for a reason.

ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK DISCUSSION. It doesn't matter if it's under spoiler tags, book discussion should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, comparing the books to the show, etc...

I guess in this case, only if it's different in the books.

pablito

The title of this thread says Read the OP for a reason.

I guess in this case, only if it's different in the books.

I should have looked up when GRRM said it, actually. I wouldn't have needed to ask if I did.

No, it's the author's comments on his own work so it should be fine. I'm guessing you're referring to his comment on who would win, Ser Barristan Selmy or Ser Arthur Dayne?

Yup.

But I think I'd probably consider it a book spoiler because I don't think Dayne was mentioned in the show at the time he answered it. And the answer is kind of book specific. I'll stop.

This is bad cuz the book is different!

Boooo

Boooooooooo

Boooooooooooooo

Eh, it's more a case of man who prides himself on knowing everything and anything ("every possibility") marries girl he is 'inlove with' to a man he knows nothing about.

So, like many things these past few seasons...

This is bad cuz it's bad writing!

Boooo

Boooooooooo

Boooooooooooooo

The best thing for little finger to have done in the situation was wait it out. He had an army unaffected by the war and the key to the north. He proceeded to throw away the key to the north and get involved in a war in which he didn't need to. He's been poorly handled since the 'only Cat' scene.

Book readers on GAF often praise D&D's original scenes in the early seasons. Such as many Robert Baratheon scenes, Robb stark scenes and Arya-Tywin scenes.

Einchy

Ah, so this thread is just gonna turn into this, I guess. Might as well start reading the other one, too.

Speevy

Banned
Tyrion and Jaime are kind of dicks to the Stark men at Winterfell.

Although I have to say I really enjoyed seeing the Lannisters sitting down at the Stark table. It was a nice moment for the show.

No he left it at winterfell and then robb had it.
He chopped off karstak head with it. He was seen carrying it a few time i think. He brought it with him to red weddings. After that incident tywin got it. Remember tywin even mentions to jamie he got it from some one who doesnt need it anymore.

oh shit. I heven't watched the early seasons in a long ass time. i feel dumb.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
This is bad cuz the book is different!

Boooo

Boooooooooo

Boooooooooooooo

That particular plotline is very different in the book and doesn't have to reconcile Littlefinger being a misinformed idiot in order to make it work. (As Sansa isn't even involved.)

It's far less clumsy in execution.

He chopped off karstak head with it. He was seen carrying it a few time i think. He brought it with him to red weddings. After that incident tywin got it. Remember tywin even mentions to jamie he got it from some one who doesnt need it anymore.

Robb did not use Ice to behead Karstark. It was his own sword. I re watched the scene.

We have to assume that Ned had brought it with him because as hand He's leaving Winterfell completely.

wandering

Banned

Nah that's not right. Ned took it to King's Landing and it was eventually used to behead him.

game-of-thrones-deaths-24.jpg

-griffy-

Banned
Lord but that's a big sword.

Does Brienne know where her sword came from?
I feel like there was a scene where Jaime tells her how it would be appropriate that she uses it to find the Stark girls because it was made from Ned's sword, but maybe I'm making that up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom