• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Suffice to say, there's enough divergence that even having watched the show the book's worth reading.

SE0sdqQ.png

But it's really, really, blatantly simple. Don't talk about the books in this topic, in any context, at all. Pretend they don't exist. It shouldn't be that difficult a rule to follow.

Decent episode but as per plays out perfect for the queen.

Uncle greygoy in Kings landing and then half way round the pennusal the next. Magical teleporting boats lol.

Uggggg................

If you consider that a spoiler, there's no hope for humanity.

And the book discussion was already present in the thread.

Seriously? Am I the idiot here? Because the quote below, from you, looks like a fucking book spoiler.

That particular plotline is very different in the book and doesn't have to reconcile Littlefinger being a misinformed idiot in order to make it work. (As Sansa isn't even involved.)

It's far less clumsy in execution.

Uggggg................

If you consider that a spoiler, there's no hope for humanity.

And the book discussion was already present in the thread.

From the OP:

- ABSOLUTELY NO BOOK DISCUSSION. It doesn't matter if it's under spoiler tags, book discussion should not be in this thread. Use the other thread for book-related television discussion. This includes alluding to things, subtle hinting, COMPARING THE BOOKS TO THE SHOW, etc...

It's not hard. Stop.

Speevy

Banned
I wonder if the writers have ever heard of a naval blockade.

This is when (I think) you cut off access to an area so that people can't get in or out.

This way you don't have to magically conjure ships every time someone needs one burned.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Seriously? Am I the idiot here? Because the quote below, from you, looks like a fucking book spoiler.

I have spoiled nothing in the book as I never said how that plot line plays out other than to say it doesn't happen like it does in the show.

Doesn't spoil what Sasa is doing, doesn't spoil what's going on politically or why etc.

Only on the most vapid surface level can it possibly be considered a spoiler.

It's not hard. Stop.
Sure. Stop quoting me and I will.

I have spoiled nothing in the book as I never said how that plot line plays out other than to say it doesn't happen like it does in the show.

Doesn't spoil what Sasa is doing, doesn't spoil what's going on politically or why etc.

Only on the most vapid surface level can it possibly be considered a spoiler.

Removing a character from a situation that has a significant role on the show is a spoiler. One that can considerably change many outcomes.

Either way, there is no book talk, at all. So why even bring it up. A couple weeks ago someone in here was mad that book readers get jumped on when they enter this thread, this is why, because of people like you.

Speevy

Banned
Freshmaker you're going to get yourself banned. It isn't about spoilers. There are no meaningful spoilers left. It's that you're blatantly ignoring the rules of the topic just for the sake of making some point, which is I'm not sure what.

shutup freshmaker, just stfu.

anyway, ON topic - really hoping for some more flashback / time traveling scenes from Bran this season, those were some of my favourites from last season.

they functioned well as a means of tying things together, and we could certainly use a bit more of that right about meow.

i found it a bit unbelievable that highgarden was just taken so easily, especially considering they haven't even entered the fray thus far...

honestly finding it hard to believe the Lannisters haven't fallen already, although D & D are doing their best to convince me they still have a fighting chance [which they didn't / shouldn't / don't].

thankfully Diana Rigg got a sweet death scene at least, but it also just hammered home how "lost" Jaime seems as a character these days... like i didn't even know how i would have expected him to react to any of that, which seems wrong for a show that is known for building its characters so thoroughly from season to season.

Einchy

He does say he isn't seeing them well right now, like if they are fragments, so hopefully we get some more montagey visions like we got a while back. Maybe some full scenes like before once he starts getting better at it.

Lamel

Banned
Nah that's not right. Ned took it to King's Landing and it was eventually used to behead him.

game-of-thrones-deaths-24.jpg

Man I take it for granted how much of a cunt joffrey was and how badly I wanted him dead for killing Ned. Watching that vicious bastard die brought me more relief than a thousand lying whores.

He does say he isn't seeing them well right now, like if they are fragments, so hopefully we get some more montagey visions like we got a while back. Maybe some full scenes like before once he starts getting better at it.

Is there anything you'd like to see or anything you expect to see from his visions?

I have a feeling that we're only going to get to see them if they're related to the impending WW invasion with the pace the story is moving at. I'd love to see him go back to when the wall was being built though.

But you're right about the fragments, Bran might have really only seen the wedding itself, not knowing how the rest of the night went for Sansa.

Einchy

Is there anything you'd like to see or anything you expect to see from his visions?

I have a feeling that we're only going to get to see them if they're related to the impending WW invasion with the pace the story is moving at.

I'd love to see him go back to when the wall was being built.

But you're right about the fragments, Bran might have really only seen the wedding itself, not knowing how the rest of the night went for Sansa.

Yeah, some stuff that happened thousands of years ago would be awesome. Maybe some more stuff with the Children of the Forest and the First Men.

I also really wanna see Lyanna and Rhaegar, too. I especially want them to confirm she wasn't kidnapped, which I'm 99.99% was the case, but I would love to see a scene with them being happy together or something.

I can't think of any mystery, bar the white walkers motive, warranting further flashback scenes. I believe we'll probably see further clarification of Jon Snow's parentage and nothing else.

I'm still disappointed with the WW origin from the series. Was very tepid and poorly conveyed in a short flash back sequence. I wish we saw more of the CoTF but think D&D shied away from it when the scene outside the tree in the season 4 finale was poorly received.

After Bran's last season, the less of him we get, the better.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I wonder how many wildling babies the Night King has turned into White Walkers over the years.

I'm curious much white walkers exist in his army.

I'm curious how this arrangement even came to be. Did the Night's King show up at Crastors and then draw him a picture in the snow as to what he wanted?

"No penis, you keep. With penis, you give me. If do, you live. If not, you die. Deal?"

MCwtE1.gif

Yeah, some stuff that happened thousands of years ago would be awesome. Maybe some more stuff with the Children of the Forest and the First Men.

I also really wanna see Lyanna and Rhaegar, too. I especially want them to confirm she wasn't kidnapped, which I'm 99.99% was the case, but I would love to see a scene with them being happy together or something.

I think there's going to be at least one more huge twist that no one expects, something that alters what we though we knew such as the LF reveal in S4 or Jon being a Targ. Maybe it'l happen through a vision.

I think there's going to be at least one more huge twist that no one expects, something that alters what we though we knew such as the LF reveal in S4 or Jon being a Targ. Maybe it'l happen through a vision.
This will probably be the big reveal of the season. I recall reading D&D still believe Jon's father's identity being a mystery.

I'd love to see flashbacks go bran the builder, seeing him build the wall and winterfell. I'd love to also see the meaning behind 'there must always be a stark in winterfell'.

Heshinsi

Lol. Did anyone else get the impression from that exchange that the old three eyed raven was an older version of Bran?

if they actually end up making the old 3ER and the Night King versions of time-travelling Bran, my mind will be properly blown [in a good way, unlike Aerys].

but at this point, i'm beginning to think the fan theories have gotten more interesting than the show itself.

Heshinsi

if they actually end up making the old 3ER and the Night King versions of time-travelling Bran, my mind will be properly blown [in a good way, unlike Aerys].

but at this point, i'm beginning to think the fan theories have gotten more interesting than the show itself.

How would that work exactly? Bran is trying to put an end to Bran (stuck in another body) trying to put an end to all life?

I'm curious how this arrangement even came to be. Did the Night's King show up at Crastors and then draw him a picture in the snow as to what he wanted?

"No penis, you keep. With penis you give me. If do, you live. If not, you die. Deal?"

MCwtE1.gif

Haha.

I wonder how many other wildlings had the same deals. Night King number one salesman in the North.

How would that work exactly? Bran is trying to put an end to Bran (stuck in another body) trying to put an end to all life?

The idea that Bran might be THE three eyed raven, both young and old is enough fuckery. Making him the NK as well would be real fucked up.

Bran being the one to fuck up the mad king would be cool as hell also.

Edit - though this could have been the first three eyed raven trying to warn the king of the others.

Einchy

I think it also takes away a bit from Dany because the Targaryens are known to be a bit crazy, so she actively tries to never commit the same mistakes that her father did, and if it was all Bran's fault, then that diminishes her struggle.

This will probably be the big reveal of the season. I recall reading D&D still believe Jon's father's identity being a mystery.

I'd love to see flashbacks go bran the builder, seeing him build the wall and winterfell. I'd love to also see the meaning behind 'there must always be a stark in winterfell'.

It's a mystery to the characters, but it's not a mystery to the audience. also I would like if they don't do anymore huge character twists, like Bran = every Bran or Tyrion = bastard Targaryen just simply having twist after twist doesn't always make the story better.

The show's had enough twists and turns by now that a more straightforward yet compelling storytelling would suffice. Cliche isn't always bad depending on how it is executed. Tlou is often called a cliche game, perhaps it is, but it is still one of the greatest games of all time.

I feel like if they pulled another secret Targaryen twist like that, then the twist before it loses its value in the story.

lookup alt+shift+x videos on the subject in particular on youtube, it'll explain it better than i ever could.

it's all over the reddit threads on GoT as well.

basically all related to Bran's ability to time travel [eg - "hold the door"], and how he could have been Bran the builder, or he could end up being the Night King via trying to stop that blonde man getting the dragonglass through the heart [which turned him into the Night King], and in doing so the children of the forest doing it to him instead [because remember, nobody in that time period would know who Bran is, and would think "human! kill it!" as they were in proper war with one another - hence why they were creating the secret weapon white walker apocalypse].

they even suggest that perhaps it was Bran trying to communicate with Aerys which drove him mad...

whew, exhausting even trying to explain wtf it is i'm trying to talk about...

#weedladiesandgentlemen

Thought this was pretty funny.

https://youtu.be/nPjetpPcv4o

Guy who'd never watched the show trying to break down the most recent episode

omg i love this.

"look at that throne, like, that doesn't even make sense - just sit on a chair".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom