• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Odin

I'm curious about
how will Jaime survive the battle with dragons and dothraki next episode, given that the shot of him charging with the spear would probably happen there. Would Dany instantly burn him or take him as a prisoner to dragonstone?

Maybe its me but I can't possibly see him escaping that scenario and return to Kings Landing at all.

OrionX

Oh so people think Old 3 Eyed Raven might be Bran? I did think it was kinda weird that when Bran said he learned everything from the 3 Eyed Raven and Sansa was like I thought you were the 3 Eyed Raven, he just said "it's complicated." I was like, umm no it's not that complicated you just replaced the one who came before you after getting his powers lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh so people think Old 3 Eyed Raven might be Bran? I did think it was kinda weird that when Bran said he learned everything from the 3 Eyed Raven and Sansa was like I thought you were the 3 Eyed Raven, he just said "it's complicated." I was like, umm no it's not that complicated you just replaced the one who came before you after getting his powers lol.

I think he meant it was complicated because someone died and then made him The Three Eyed Raven, also, even beginning to explain what The Three Eyed Raven is a pretty crazy thing to explain to someone.

I do think he is the original Three Eyed Raven, though, but I don't think he knows it yet.
Does that qualify as a spoiler? My apologies if it does, I'll edit my post.
You have to spoiler tag previews and trailer talk since a lot of people never watch either since sometimes they can show a lot. Like what you said in that post, that's something that I wish I didn't know, because now I'll just be expecting it the whole episode.

OrionX

I think he meant it was complicated because someone died and then made him The Three Eyed Raven, also, even beginning to explain what The Three Eyed Raven is a pretty crazy thing to explain to someone.

I do think he is the original Three Eyed Raven, though, but I don't think he knows it yet.

True, Sansa was already giving him the crazy look. Good thing he brought up one of her most painful memories to help explain it some!

Atomic Odin

You have to spoiler tag previews and trailer talk since a lot of people never watch either since sometimes they can show a lot. Like what you said in that post, that's something that I wish I didn't know, because now I'll just be expecting it the whole episode.

Apologies again :( Thought I saw the stuff discussed here earlier, won't happen again.

This is grey area shit, its not book specific but its stuff the show isnt going to go into. He is a whole other person with a whole other history he isnt Bran.

I hope so.

I really don't want this show to end on the basis that it's all cyclical. Of course it still could even if they're two different people, but still.

KHlover

Banned
lookup alt+shift+x videos on the subject in particular on youtube, it'll explain it better than i ever could.

it's all over the reddit threads on GoT as well.

basically all related to Bran's ability to time travel [eg - "hold the door"], and how he could have been Bran the builder, or he could end up being the Night King via trying to stop that blonde man getting the dragonglass through the heart [which turned him into the Night King], and in doing so the children of the forest doing it to him instead [because remember, nobody in that time period would know who Bran is, and would think "human! kill it!" as they were in proper war with one another - hence why they were creating the secret weapon white walker apocalypse].

they even suggest that perhaps it was Bran trying to communicate with Aerys which drove him mad...

whew, exhausting even trying to explain wtf it is i'm trying to talk about...

#weedladiesandgentlemen

omg i love this.

"look at that throne, like, that doesn't even make sense - just sit on a chair".

If that ends up being the case Bran is the worst person in all of Westeros and GoT should end with his head displayed on a spike at the city walls of Kings Landing.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Could he have been referring to her wedding to Tyrian?

She wasn't wearing white, it wasn't snowing, and why would he state that bad things happened to her?

UhuB5a0.jpg

if they actually end up making the old 3ER and the Night King versions of time-travelling Bran, my mind will be properly blown [in a good way, unlike Aerys].

but at this point, i'm beginning to think the fan theories have gotten more interesting than the show itself.
Wait, there are theories that the Night King is also an older Bran?

Holy shit.

Nameless

Bran is the Night King is up there with 'Jon warged into Ghost' theories. I can maybe buy into the idea that the older Three-Eyed Raven is an older Bran, especially after this episode.

Bran: The Three-Eyed Raven taught me.
Sansa: Thought you were the Three-Eyed Raven.
Bran: I told you it's difficult to explain...

Bran is the Night King is up there with 'Jon warged into Ghost' theories. I can maybe buy into the idea that the older Three-Eyed Raven is an older Bran, especially after this episode.

Bran: The Three-Eyed Raven taught me.
Sansa: Thought you were the Three-Eyed Raven.
Bran: I told you it's difficult to explain...
That's what make me think that. It clicked for me that we didn't see the old three eye walking, at least that I remember.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
We saw a vision last year of the guy who became the Night King, and he looked nothing like Bran. If that theory was even slightly true, they would have gotten an actor that at least look a bit like him, like young Ned Stark.

Plus they would have to make up some story like Bran time traveled to the past, got stuck there, and was stupid enough to go to the children of the forest knowing what would happen.

Stupid theory is stupid.

Addi

We saw a vision last year of the guy who became the Night King, and he looked nothing like Bran. If that theory was even slightly true, they would have gotten an actor that at least look a bit like him, like young Ned Stark.

Plus they would have to make up some story like Bran time traveled to the past, got stuck there, and was stupid enough to go to the children of the forest knowing what would happen.

Stupid theory is stupid.

Not only that, the Night King attacked Bran last season. If he had succeeded in killing in him, that would create a time paradox and the Night king would disappear. Makes no sense that he would want to do that.

Those books and scrolls Sam has to copy over are gonna be books and shit about white walkers, aren't they....

Question is how much more stuff Sam will need to figure out down there when Bran is back and can/will see everything.

Does anyone feel like Varys is feeding information to the Lannisters?

He knew about the ship carrying the sand snakes, and he knew about the plot to attack Casterly Rock.

Then I found something really odd in the last episode: When Varys enters the throne room in Dragonstone, he completely ignores Jon Snow and goes to Daenarys.

I found it odd that a man of his skills would pass up an opportunity to greet a king.

I keep thinking about that scene with Oberyn by the Iron Throne when he says not being motivated by sex leaves him free to pursuit other things - and then looks at the Iron Throne.

I wonder if he's creating chaos by chipping away Daenarys' army so that it puts him in a better position to one day take the Iron Throne.

Guys, the old 3-Eyed Raven isn't Bran. Like someone said above, I think, it's a grey area with book "spoilers" but it isn't Bran.

They have combined characters and storylines from the book in the show, but usually when things were close enough for it not to be a big deal. In order for Bran to be the three eyed raven it would be a huge variation from who the charcter is.

Also they showed us the night king being created. The actor who ays him was the human who got the dragon glass in the heart. So Bran isnt him either.

Both these theories are fanfiction gone crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom