• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Forum software like this needs to have the ability to set users as "honorary Mods" on a thread-by-thread basis. Basically a regular Mod can set a user, say someone who posts a lot in an OT and is trusted, to be a Mod, but only for that thread. So in case a normal Mod can't make it in, they can still perform basic tasks such as editing other users posts or deleting them completely if not marking them hidden until a normal Mod can approve their removal.

Would be really useful in situations like this.

Somehow I've avoided these spoilers. But I'm so worried. My Twitter is behaving, probably because most of them are GAF users, but still... I'm worried about a couple of my FaceBook friends who also watch GOT. One of them spoiled Joffrey's death to me years ago because she didn't care that she was spoiled so she didn't think anything of it.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The mods and their abandonment of us put into gif form.

88c.gif

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Forum software like this needs to have the ability to set users as "honorary Mods" on a thread-by-thread basis. Basically a regular Mod can set a user, say someone who posts a lot in an OT and is trusted, to be a Mod, but only for that thread. So in case a normal Mod can't make it in, they can still perform basic tasks such as editing other users posts or deleting them completely if not marking them hidden until a normal Mod can approve their removal.

Would be really useful in situations like this.

Somehow I've avoided these spoilers. But I'm so worried. My Twitter is behaving, probably because most of them are GAF users, but still... I'm worried about a couple of my FaceBook friends who also watch GOT. One of them spoiled Joffrey's death to me years ago because she didn't care that she was spoiled so she didn't think anything of it.
A good idea in theory but unforunately that type of thing seems ripe for abuse. Kinda the same reason why my favorite thing is that this site has no like or dislike post feature. I feel that dubious opinions would become more normalized.

gun_haver

I can't believe after Sunday there's only gonna be 3 episodes left of this season and less than 10 overall.

Not fair :(

I've heard things about several of this season's episopes being 90 minutes, or at least more than 60. GOT has had long finales before, so hopefully it is true.

Does anybody have a link confirming this? Cos obviously none of the episodes that have aired so far have been long, so I figure maybe it's gonna all be at the end or something. I also heard that next season while it's gonna be 7 eps again, they are ALL going to be long but that sounds a bit too good to be true.

Nothing direct but Sansa knows. Brienne mentions it to her when they're talking about Jon. She says he's really brooding but then says something about how it's acceptable "considering what happened to him."
so I wonder how many people actually know that Jon was dead/resurrected, it's his own in universe secret like how the show's secret is r+l=j. did he tell all the northern lords + Royce? Or does he hide it from generally everybody like he hid it from Dany Tyrion & Missandei?
Not clicking unless I know what this.

Trust no one
tumblr_n4q2qwmaQD1spd5tjo1_250.gif

Watched it, was good.
just tryna lighten up the mood in this thread

just coz i got a traitor in my avatar don't mean i am one
I think you and I are giving this scene far more attention and concern than even the writers lol.
yeah probably lol

i was just tryna think of stuff to talk about.
LMAO, this thread is a hotass mess!
image.php

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
A good idea in theory but unforunately that type of thing seems ripe for abuse. Kinda the same reason why my favorite thing is that this site has no like or dislike post feature. I feel that dubious opinions would become more normalized.
Which is why it'd be only specific people. Like people the Mods know won't abuse the power. And it'd be centralized to the thread. And all changes would be reversible by a normal Mod if need be. For instance, the OP and maybe two other people who are always posting would be able to do emergency Modding.

Of course I can see how it could cause power trips. But hey, it could avoid situations like this where people won't stop posting stuff they're not supposed to and a Mod isn't around to stop the damage from spreading.

Then again, there's always the good old down vote feature where unpopular posts could be down voted into oblivion.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've heard things about several of this season's episopes being 90 minutes, or at least more than 60. GOT has had long finales before, so hopefully it is true.

Does anybody have a link confirming this? Cos obviously none of the episodes that have aired so far have been long, so I figure maybe it's gonna all be at the end or something. I also heard that next season while it's gonna be 7 eps again, they are ALL going to be long but that sounds a bit too good to be true.

I've heard two episodes this season are 71 and 81 minutes I think?

Also rumors season 8 might be 2 hours each episode, but somehow I doubt that. It would be too insane. Not sure HBO has ever done that for anything other than a mini series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so I wonder how many people actually know that Jon was dead/resurrected, it's his own in universe secret like how the show's secret is r+l=j. did he tell all the northern lords + Royce? Or does he hide it from generally everybody like he hid it from Dany Tyrion & Missandei?

Given his reaction to Davos last episode, I doubt he's going around telling everyone who will listen. Odds are the only ones who know are his inner circle and the brothers of the Night's Watch.

So, Jorah and Dany reunion....

How will it go?
I wanna know if Jon will still be at Dragonstone when/if Jorah gets there. Coz there's a few plot points that need to unfold

-of course the reunion of Jorah and Dany, but
-how will Jorah react to seeing Jon there? Is Jorah gonna think of Jon as another Daario? Although Jon isn't Dany's degenerate fuckbuddy and bodyguard.
-Jon knows Lyanna and knew Jeor Mormont; Jon's best friend Sam just saved Jorah's life. I guess perhaps Jorah doesn't know that Jon was also in the Night's Watch that he won't outright tell Jon about Sam; Dany will ask him how he got better and Jorah will tell her about Samwell Tarly, son of the Tarly's that betrayed the Tyrells and therefore, her. Or does she not know that...
-Jon's also got Jorah's sword.
I've heard two episodes this season are 71 and 81 minutes I think?

Also rumors season 8 might be 2 hours each episode, but somehow I doubt that. It would be too insane. Not sure HBO has ever done that for anything other than a mini series.
only 6 episodes in season 8, and it might be delayed to 2019, that's all I know.
Given his reaction to Davos last episode, I doubt he's going around telling everyone who will listen. Odds are the only ones who know are his inner circle and the brothers of the Night's Watch.
so who exactly is the inner circle

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
What happens if Jorah stops the wedding

Not happening. Buddy knows his job in life is to be the best friend Khalessi could ever ask for. Him returning to her side is the GoT equivilant of this:

azsrIY.gif

That look of shock on Seto Kaiba's face, yeah that's Cersei shitting her pants.

And me watching it all go down:

giphy.gif

It's what Jorah dreams every night before going to bed. Poor guy is totally going to walk in on Dany and Jon getting it on.
He's too old for her.
That sword's been in the Mormont family for 500 years, longer than Ice at the Starks. I don't think Jon will give it back to Jorah. All things point to Jorah going back to Dany only to die in battle or trying to protect her.
Even if Jon doesn't wanna give it back to him, Jorah could at least recognize that the sword belongs in his family. If they wanna acknowledge it or not coz they could easily narratively ignore it like they ignored madd shit the last episode.

Tonky

Jorah was there for Dany for pretty much everything until he was exiled. He should at least get to be LC of the Queen's Guard.

Jorah was there for Dany for pretty much everything until he was exiled. He should at least get to be LC of the Queen's Guard.
Yes, this. If he was already there, maybe he would've done a better job being commander of the dragon army rather than Tyrion. How's Tyrion gonna react? He probably betted on him croaking.
lmao!
Lady Mormont's sword. Jorah is still slaving garbage to the Mormonts, remember?
slaving garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom