• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Ian McShane is so awesome that he changed The Hound. To be fair, Arya did a lot of the heavy lifting there, too.

And Sansa.

Speaking of Sansa, the fuck was she doing speaking out against Jon's will infront of all the other Lords? Especially when what she wanted was stupidly vengeful and would only help the Whitewalkers. Like, I get what she was going for there but this isn't the time, you can't be killing off old families and making more enemies right now, shit is so bad that you also need women and children fighting. And then she has the balls to say Jon is acting all Joffrey because he didn't murder people, fuck off Sansa.

You should have seen the reaction on twitter. People were PISSED. It's fucked because it's seems she's playing right into Little Finger's hand.

That shit should have been private. Props to Jon for standing his ground there.

Kalor

Two things:

1) Was that house that Sandor & the Fireboys were at something that appeared in the show before?

2) Dragonstone seems special; was it an ancestral home for Targaryens or am I making that up in my head?

1. Arya and the Hound were at that house. The Hound took food and said they would be dead by winter.

2. It's an ancestral home. Jaime mentions it as well during the episode.

Vashetti

Banned
Honestly I thought that would stretch it out and show us scenes of Dany on ships. The fact that she landed in the first episode is huge. It moves the plot forward rapidly as every region in Westeros will have to react. Jon obviously for the dragonglass, Cersei to maintain her grip, Dorne and Highgarden might look to side with a potential new power. And the White Walkers are moving, at some point people in the South are going to have to stop looking at it like some fucking fairy tale, there'll be too much noise. Basically I'm hyped already for what's to come.

They already sided with Dany in the S6 finale.

Two things:

1) Was that house that Sandor & the Fireboys were at something that appeared in the show before?
?

The Hound and Arya stayed there a couple seasons back, father with his little girl who made a good stew. Hound was the one who killed them.

Ridli

Honestly, leaving the Karstarks and Umbers in charge of the first castles after the wall is a kind of punishment in and of itself.

Two things:

2) Dragonstone seems special; was it an ancestral home for Targaryens or am I making that up in my head?

Arya and the Hound stayed there a night posing as father and daughter. The next day he stole their silver while leaving. Arya said they would die without their money, the Hound said they would die either way.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
You should have seen the reaction on twitter. People were PISSED. It's fucked because it's seems she's playing right into Little Finger's hand.

That shit should have been private. Props to Jon for standing his ground there.

Yeah, she needs to be fully on Jon's side right now and take up any grievance in private. If anything, she's being all Cercei, which Jon kinda calls out with her "you sound like you admire her" line.

I quiet liked her telling Littlefinger he didn't need to have the last word, she can just imagine that it was clever. That cracked me up.

Also, The Hound telling Thoros that his man bun thing wasn't fooling anyone got a big laugh from me.

So after Stannis left Dragonstone, the Lannisters never took it over? Seems like a huge misstep to let such a massive fortress be unguarded.

What the episode left me to believe is that Night's Watch/Northerners will need to band with Dany in order to procure the Dragonglass. I don't see Jon having a problem serving Dany (and Dany is technically Jon Snow's aunt), but Sansa might. Littlefinger definitely will.

Cersei's hold on 7 Kingdoms is all but fleeting. Cersei and Euron most definitely will team up but I doubt even his great armada is a match Dany and her army. Dany is way too leveled up.

Beric and his band will most definitely be traveling to the Wall. But I do wonder if the Hound was shitting or not? Oh and Arya will be making quick work of the boyband.

Meowster

Probably one of the better first episodes in the series, no? Definitely an improvement from last season's opening episode, which needed another episode or two to really find it's place.

Danny is basically going to just do a blockade of anything getting into kingslanding/blackwater bay I bet. Then leads to huge ship battle at the end of first part of season?

Ridli

The Hound and Arya stayed there a couple seasons back, father with his little girl who made a good stew. Hound was the one who killed them.

I mean he didn't kill them, but he stole their last silver and that probably didn't increase their chances of not starving to death.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Only real criticism for the episode is more about last season: Arya offing Walder Frey really should have been saved for this season entirely.

MartyStu

Ian McShane is so awesome that he changed The Hound. To be fair, Arya did a lot of the heavy lifting there, too.

And Sansa.

Speaking of Sansa, the fuck was she doing speaking out against Jon's will infront of all the other Lords? Especially when what she wanted was stupidly vengeful and would only help the Whitewalkers. Like, I get what she was going for there but this isn't the time, you can't be killing off old families and making more enemies right now, shit is so bad that you also need women and children fighting. And then she has the balls to say Jon is acting all Joffrey because he didn't murder people, fuck off Sansa.

Jon fucked up by not discussing this with her before. Her point is not without value.

She has two options: not bring it up and try to get Jon to change his mind privately, or what she did. Both options are problematic. The latter for obvious reasons, but the former because even if she were to convince Jon, he would already be committed.

At the very least, she has made herself a lodestone for any faction that may want to oppose Jon the future. This is good for Jon as any attempts to suborn her will probably make its way back to him as at the end of the day, she is with him 100%.

Einchy

Only real criticism for the episode is more about last season: Arya offing Walder Frey really should have been saved for this season entirely.

While I can see how that would've played well in this season, we also needed a nice hook for her, and it was pretty balling seeing her again in Westeros.

Venture

Good start to the season. I hope the point of Sam's trip to Oldtown amounts to more than "Oh yeah! I remembered there's dragonglass on Dragonstone." Looks like he'll may have business with Jorah at least.

Dragonstone looked amazing! Those front steps have to be a huge pain in the ass though.

Barzul

Not even any squatters. Crazy.

Yeah this was something I had to suspend my disbelief on. As inompetent as Cersei is surely even she would have seen the obvious need to send some people there. Was a gaping hole that the castle was just waiting for Dany to take.

What was the exact phrasing of the question asked to The Hound when they were riding on horseback approaching the house? Something like "Why are you always in such a sour mood?" Because his answer was priceless.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I love this show but that episode was rough... it was waaaay too on the nose.

Einchy

Jon fucked up by not discussing this with her before. Her point is not without value.

She has two options: not bring it up and try to get Jon to change his mind privately, or what she did. Both options are problematic. The latter for obvious reasons, but the former because even if she were to convince Jon, he would already be committed.

At the very least, she has made herself a lodestone for any faction that may want to oppose Jon the future. This is good for Jon as any attempts to suborn her will probably make its way back to him as at the end of the day, she is with him 100%.

I really don't think her point had any value, though. Not anymore. They can't get pity shit like that bring them down.

I also don't think anyone will be trying to cut down Jon, aside from Littlefinger, so Sansa fucking with Jon up there didn't really help anything. Thankfully Jon was able to get a hold of the situation again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom