• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The only person who has a true rightful claim to the throne right now is Gendry. The Iron Throne is still technically under House Baratheon since Cersei is Robert's widow and she inherited it via the Baratheon line.
No she didn't. She's crowned as Cersie of the House Lannister. She claimed the throne not as Robert's widow, but as the person who fucking killed the last Queen.

So this has potential to be a huge point of conflict when/if the truth is revealed.

"A Targaryen can not be trus...er you're one too! Umm...group huddle guys ASAP!"

Sephzilla

I'm really interested to see how Danny would react to finding out there's another Targaryen that has a more rightful claim to the throne than Danny. Cuz like RDreamer said, "rightful ruler" is basically what Danny is leaning hard on

Sephzilla

Cersei might have been crowned Queen under House Lannister but she inherited it because of her Baratheon connections. She got it via line of succession because the entire remaining line of succession around her died and she was the last remaining known blood relation to the King

"A Targaryen can not be trus...er you're one too! Umm...group huddle guys ASAP!"

I get the point you're trying to make but if/when Jon's parentage is revealed he's most certainly going to get the benefit of the doubt from other Westerosi compared to Danny.

Jon might never know cause being cryptic and creepy is brans new job.
I don't know what any writer of anything ever is thinking when they decide a character should say something along the lines of, "it's a long story", "it's too difficult to explain", etc...

Literally, "I went north of the wall to a guy who could see everything that ever was, is, and will be. He died. I'm him now."

But as others have said, conveniently enough, everything Bran does, he does to ensure the future he wants will happen.

Didn't Bran already mention that he wanted to talk to Jon moments after arriving at Winterfell? I think he wants to spill the beans to Jon
Poster is implying that based on how he's talked to everybody else so far, he'd be too cryptic for Jon to make any sense of it.

Jon might never know cause being cryptic and creepy is brans new job.

How exactly is he being cryptic?

Pretty sure everyone knew exactly what he meant when he told Sansa the details of her wedding night, when he told LF that chaos is a ladder and when he told Arya about the crossroads and her list.

Sure, they could spend half the episode going over the details but they'd just be retelling stories we as viewers have already seen.

_Ryo_

She disrupted their supply line, if I'm not mistaken.

The gold may have been delivered at King's Landing, but I think the grain from Highgarden was still incoming.

She likely burnt all of the grain to a crisp, and thus eviscerating her own food supply, hurting King's Landing for sure, but also hurting her and every single civilian in Westeros. All she has are Jamie, Bronn, and Randal Tarly whose loyalties are all relatively flimsy at best anyway.

I am disappointed in Dany. She always said she was going to "Break the wheel" this is not how you do it. This goes against the ideals she's espoused from the very beginning.

I am hoping Jon or Tyrion can get through to her before the end of the season. Though I am a bit conflicted because Dragons fighting = Awesome as fuck.

How exactly is he being cryptic?

Pretty sure everyone knew exactly what he meant when he told Sansa the details of her wedding night, when he told LF that chaos is a ladder and when he told Arya about the crossroads and her list.

Sure, they could spend half the episode going over the details but they'd just be retelling stories we as viewers have already seen.
I didnt get the Sansa and LF parts he said to them, can you explain what he said again?

yup. I was actually cheering for both sides

I just watched it again, so good :)
How the hell can anybody be cheering for the Lannisters?

I didnt get the Sansa and LF parts he said to them, can you explain what he said again?
Bran brought up Sansa's wedding to Ramsay, implied he knew about him raping her.

Back when Littlefinger was actually Littlefinger rather than whatever the fuck this season's done to his character, in season 1 him and Varys were talking, and Littlefinger said, "chaos is a ladder". Bran was just repeating the line back to him. This was a private conversation between Littlefinger and Varys, so Littlefinger's shook.

Sephzilla

She likely burnt all of the grain to a crisp, and thus eviscerating her own food supply, hurting King's Landing for sure, but also hurting her and every single civilian in Westeros. All she has are Jamie, Bronn, and Randal Tarly whose loyalties are all relatively flimsy at best anyway.

Is Jamie's loyalty in question?

RDreamer

Anyone else kinda laugh at Bronn talking shit about Cersei considering their actors not being on good terms at all?

Because Bronn and Jaime are two of the most likable characters of the show.

Eh, Jaime was on the way there then he decided getting blowjobs from a nutcase was more important than almost anything and he slipped a little. :p

fanboi

Banned
Jamie and Bronn should never ever die, they are the prime duo of this show.

I need a redemption a la Jamie killing Cersi or something, then he and Bronn goes on a adventure to see the lands far far away (aka here is the spin-off from HBO starts).

Sansa wanted to know what Bran meant by saying he was the Three eyed raven now, he said it was difficult to explain, she asked him to try. So he gave her details of her wedding night with Ramsay. Something there is no way he would have known. White dress, it was snowing etc.

Then with Littlefinger, when he gave Bran the blade, bran asked, rhetorically, do you know who this blade belonged to? LF said no and continued to talk about being there for the kids throughout all the chaos, at that point bran said, Chaos is a Ladder which is something LF says way back early on in the show.

Then with Littlefinger, when he gave Bran the blade, bran asked, rhetorically, do you know who this blade belonged to? LF said no and continued to talk about being there for the kids throughout all the chaos, at that point bran said, Chaos is a Ladder which is something LF says way back early on in the show.
There's speculation that Bran wasn't even referring to Littlefinger, but the first person who ever owned the blade, as Bran knows its entire history.

zsynqx

But how do you feel about Alan "Thor 2 The Dark World" Taylor doing the episode after that?

I really liked his work on Game of Thrones, so gunna just pretend he never tried to make it as a Hollywood director. Also, Thor 2 is way better than his Terminator movie.

Meowster

Because Bronn and Jaime are two of the most likable characters of the show.

Edit: When the dragon stared down Jaime and was about to light him up, I realized how sad I would be if Jaime died, same with Bron.
Funny because I had the exact opposite reaction LOL. Their expert dragonfire dodging ways was pissing me off.

Plum

Yeah, I didn't get the "Chaos is a ladder" line either.

It's quite simple, Bran was just revealing that he knows everything LF has done by way of mentioning a private conversation between LF and Varys. There's not really much more meaning other than how shook LF's gonna feel from now on.

duckroll

I really liked his work on Game of Thrones, so gunna just pretend he never tried to make it as a Hollywood director. Also, Thor 2 is way better than his Terminator movie.

Good mentality. He put in some solid work at HBO before he was lured away to Hollywood. Hopefully he didn't bring and bad habits back to HBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom