• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandering

Banned
The Vale arguably has the freshest army. They stayed out of the War of Five Kings and have a strong position. I doubt the battle with the Boltons taxed them greatly. That being said we don't know the size of their forces.

Good thing for Dany they are on Jon's side. Dothraki may have the numbers but the Vale knights are better equipped and quite capable on horseback.

I really want to see more of the Knights of the Vale in action.

fadly-romdhani-knights-of-the-vale.jpg

Nameless

The Vale arguably has the freshest army. They stayed out of the War of Five Kings and have a strong position. I doubt the battle with the Boltons taxed them greatly. That being said we don't know the size of their forces.

Good thing for Dany they are on Jon's side. Dothraki may have the numbers but the Vale knights are better equipped and quite capable on horseback.

Knights of The Vale, Wildlings, and Northmen are all adept at fighting(and living) in the snow & frost. Dany has the numbers but a huge chunk of her army would die en route to Winterfell and the surviving Summer warriors would be at an extreme disadvantage in what's basically a Super-Winter. Even her dragons would be neutralized thanks to Bran. That's partly why I didn't want to see them as allies-- Ice is a natural counter to Fire.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Murdering is bad enough, innocent or not. She's a killer either way.

Yeah, and then she bakes pies out of them lol. Arya is one of my favourite characters, and I was grinning like a mad man when the slow realisation started to form in Walder Frey's brain, but boy am I glad she's on our side. Can you imagine Cersei having someone like Arya on her team?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, and then she bakes pies out of them lol. Arya is one of my favourite characters, and I was grinning like a mad man when the slow realisation started to form in Walder Frey's brain, but boy am I glad she's on our side. Can you imagine Cersei having someone like Arya on her team?

Arya is too OP. She wont survive this season.

m23

Lol, if they actually wanted them to split to fulfil their shipping fantasies. that's horrible, JonxDany is one thing, but this.

Sure it was a joke though.

What are you doing guy??

Read the damn OP:

Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.

Why post the name of the next episode? Deleting for the sake of others.

200.gif

What are you doing guy??

Read the damn OP:

Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from HBO previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.

Why post the name of the next episode? Deleting for the sake of others.

Ah, sorry mate.

Deleted it. Didn't know episode names were to be tagged.

I like Dorne's military look a lot myself.

Everything about them screams mi familia to me. Hell there's arabic (due to the set being at the Real Alcázar) carved into the walls in the picture below. Too bad we won't get to see anymore of them :(

Yeah I liked the Moorish influence they had, I wished we got to see them using Moorish armor as well

main-qimg-5db0e4c40d2defc5066b3876e57ec00d

They NAILED the aesthetic of show dorne and the casting of Doran. So much missed potential:(

Doran would have been a cool character to have around now.

Speevy

Banned
They NAILED the aesthetic of show dorne and the casting of Doran. So much missed potential:(

But then we wouldn't have the Cersei revenge scene. Haha she got double revenge against Dorne.

Stay winning Cersei

Heard Alexander Siddig(Doran actor) was disappointed, I'd be as well.

If Dorne was going to be done this poorly I'd rather they just left it out and focus on other things.

What a mess.

TheContact

Forgive me if this was discussed but I re watched the episode and when Randal Tarly said the gold made it through the gates...how is that possible? There's a scene of Jamie reaching into a wagon and paying Bron and Highgarden is nowhere near King's Landing so how did the gold travel at Mach 3 into Kings Landing. Did Tarly lie? Bad writing? Super speed wagons?

Heshinsi

I mean, shouldn't the eventual revelation that Dany is his Aunt also put the ship at risk? lol

•The North and the South need to be united

•Jon can't bend the knee without his people getting pissed

•Dany can't refocus from the Iron Throne and send her armies to go fight and die in the North, without something in return

•They lived their entire lives not knowing that they're related

•They are Targaryens

So the two marrying happens to also be good for the realm.

RDreamer

•The North and the South need to be united

Considering what Jon and Ygritte got up to, I'm sure the North and the South will definitely be united.

Ygritte: "That thing you did, with your mouth? Is that what Lords do to Ladies in the South?"

Jon: "I don't know. I just wanted to kiss you there is all. You seemed to like it."

I wonder how they'll reveal who his father was.

Most people know, it's just that it was never on-screen.

I'd love to see Rhaegar at least once before the show ends.

Heshinsi

Considering what Jon and Ygritte got up to, I'm sure the North and the South will definitely be united.

Ygritte: "That thing you did, with your mouth? Is that what Lords do to Ladies in the South?"

Jon: "I don't know. I just wanted to kiss you there is all. You seemed to like it."

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom