• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

New trailer
randyll tarly meeting with cersei. They deserve each other.

Strange since he's a Bannerman of House Tyrell. But he's also a huge xenophobe so I could see him not wanting to align with Dothraki and Unsullied. That would actually be a big get for Cersei, Randyll is one of the few people to defeat Robert in battle.

They're just fantasy versions of homing pigeons which exist and were used for the same purpose.

The way they work in real life is that the pigeon only knows one location which it always returns to which is why they sometimes worked like that in real life. You can assume ravens work rhe same way.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigeon_post

This is correct. Each raven have a specific destination. So if you want to send a raven from Castle Black to Kings Landing, you send the one trained for it. It won't go anywhere but kings landing.

ASIS

- Via WiCnet: SDCC: HBO releases trailer for the next two episodes of Game of Thrones (please spoiler tag any discussion)

You have to scroll down a bit to get to the trailer. I'll post a better link if I see one. The GoT panel at Comic Con is this afternoon.

Edit: Youtube link.

Easier Link Episode 2 and 3 Preview

Please continue to spoiler tag your discussion :)
Trailer discussion

Jon's lines seem strangely put together. Either that or his delivery is just terrible. The trailer is hype though

Venture

This is my first time watching the show as it airs, too. I binged seasons 1-6 on hbo go last year, like an episode a day. Overall agree with most of the stuff you said, but if there will be vengeance for Myrcella, I want Tyrion to have something to do with it. He's the one who sent her off to Dorne so not only should he feel a bit of guilt, but he should also feel disgust for knowing what Ellaria did to her.
There're so many relationships to keep track of I'd completely forgotten about Tyrion being allied with Myrcella's killer. I'll be disappointed now if Tyrion doesn't at least have a confrontation with Ellaria over this.

Volimar

It bothers me how youtube channels seem to have given up warning people about book spoilers in their episode discussion. If I hadn't already been spoiled I'd be really pissed at what I recently watched.

jfkgoblue

It bothers me how youtube channels seem to have given up warning people about book spoilers in their episode discussion. If I hadn't already been spoiled I'd be really pissed at what I recently watched.
Honestly, at this point, most people who haven't read the books as fans of the show probably are never going too.

televator

Yeah, I saw a spoiler in a tittle yesterday. Thankfully, I was tired and I've forgotten what it was.

I only watch pre-season trailers. But next week teasers or previously on clips before each episode, I usually skip because they give too much away.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I usually watch trailers, aside from this year when I didn't watch the second, but I ALWAYS skip the previews for the next episode. I think there's a bit of a difference with trailers since you never know what episode scenes will show up, but if I see the previews, I'm thinking, "when will X show up from the preview". It's far too distracting for me.

Nameless

I usually watch trailers, aside from this year when I didn't watch the second, but I ALWAYS skip the previews for the next episode. I think there's a bit of a difference with trailers since you never know what episode scenes will show up, but if I see the previews, I'm thinking, "when will X show up from the preview". It's far too distracting for me.

This is why I hate the 'previously on' recaps at the beginning. After all the speculating, theorizing, and rewatching over years, seeing an old scene or character before an episode is usually a dead giveaway for what's about to go down.

The Benjen misdirection in the S5 finale was brilliant, though.

The preview for this Sunday's episode currently has over 6 million views. It's very good, inexpensive promotional material for the show.
People are hungry for Thrones. Of course these clips will get millions of views, likewise a 3rd trailer would've probably had tens of millions of views - but I think all of the previews have covered it enough. That's just me.
There're so many relationships to keep track of I'd completely forgotten about Tyrion being allied with Myrcella's killer. I'll be disappointed now if Tyrion doesn't at least have a confrontation with Ellaria over this.
I will be disappointed with that too, in fact I was disappointed last season when Sansa and Podrick didn't talk about Tyrion. There may still be time for a scene like that this season but it's not important as Tyrion finding out about his late dead niece who he indirectly was responsible for, and is currently in league with the killer.

Zolo

Strange since he's a Bannerman of House Tyrell. But he's also a huge xenophobe so I could see him not wanting to align with Dothraki and Unsullied. That would actually be a big get for Cersei, Randyll is one of the few people to defeat Robert in battle.

So is it just Randyll or is it a full military coup with Randyll taking the army with him?

List of re-cast characters.

http://imgur.com/a/W3wkt

Had no idea Lord of Bones, Rickard Karstark, and Selyse Baratheon got re-cast. I had no idea Selyse showed up before her proper reveal.

Night King was very obvious and I much prefer the first. He had this evil almost smug stare that just seemed far more menacing. Since they cast a bigger more muscular guy who was formally a stunt double on the show I'm guessing the Night King will be wrecking some shit eventually.
e0roUK6.jpg

pablito

Has "Myrcella's killer" even been addressed in the show? I don't think we ever got a "who did this" "such and such will pay." Anything. Wouldn't be surprised if they just...don't say anything lol.

Einchy

Has "Myrcella's killer" even been addressed in the show? I don't think we ever got a "who did this" "such and such will pay." Anything. Wouldn't be surprised if they just...don't say anything lol.

Cersei knows it's Dorne but I don't think Tyrion has ever brought it up.

Cersei knows it's Dorne but I don't think Tyrion has ever brought it up.

Does he even know? She was still alive when he left for Essos, and I don't recall any conversations that indicated that Dany's entourage had received this news yet. I'd actually expect him to feel pretty guilty about this, since he seemed to actually like Myrcella/Tommen and he was responsible for sending her that way, right?

Einchy

Does he even know? She was still alive when he left for Essos, and I don't recall any conversations that indicated that Dany's entourage had received this news yet. I'd actually expect him to feel pretty guilty about this, since he seemed to actually like Myrcella/Tommen and he was responsible for sending her that way, right?
Yeah, he sent her off to protect and fuck with Cersei, 2 birds with 1 stone kinda deal.

I'm not really sure he knows, doesn't seem like it since I feel that's a pretty important thing to not show.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Man that preview trailer is garbage tier with how spoiler filled it is. I actually encountered it on the official FB page, and I thought it was SDCC redo of the trailers we've already seen.

OrionX

Are you trolling? She always has that same goofy look on her face when she's doing a 'powerful' scene.

No I'm not lol. I've always thought her eyes are really expressive, and I love her commanding presence during those powerful scenes. Would I say her acting is on Lena Headey's level? No, but I've always enjoyed her.

Edit: Well that's an awkward post to come after XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom