• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfox088

Banned
ohhh, thanks for this. Sansa has a lot of important knowledge then. She needs to bring some if not all of this shit to light this season.
That's not how she acts....she's another scheming character who keeps her cards close to her chest and only acts it if makes sense. She's learned so much.

I'm actually curious what it is about Dany and Jon that makes a bunch of people ship them. Is it because they're both good and super attractive people that are kind thematically opposed? Even my mother was like, "Man, what if Dany and Jon get together." And she was the last person I suspected to ship these two.
It's just from the way the two character arcs have been built up and the directions that they've gone, basically. It was just be perfect.

I don't care if it would be "cliche" - subverting expectations just for the sake of being unpredictable doesn't automatically make the story more compelling.
That's not how she acts....she's another scheming character who keeps her cards close to her chest and only acts it if makes sense. She's learned so much.
well if she wants to get rid of Carcetti she's got the cards to do so.

murder of Jon Arryn = crime against the crownlands and the Vale
murder of Lysa Arryn = crime against the riverlands and the Vale

it was sad to see the hound return to that house. Felt breaking badesqe where walts minor actions lead to dire consequences for someone else.

it was sad but i am glad that they did it. it was a loose end you wouldn't think that they'd tie up but they did. now i wonder if arya will ever find out.

redfox088

Banned
I wonder if
Bran will affect the past in some way this season....the biggest revelation of last Season was Bran can warg into the past and effect it somehow....where in time will he go? Will it happen this season?

Surfinn

it was sad to see the hound return to that house. Felt breaking badesqe where walts minor actions lead to dire consequences for someone else.
This show does what the walking dead hasn't been able to do for seasons.. Write meaningful and worthwhile dialogue/events that work for the characters and story.

This was one of the best set up episodes they've ever done, imo.

I wonder if
Bran will affect the past in some way this season....the biggest revelation of last Season was Bran can warg into the past and effect it somehow....where in time will he go? Will it happen this season?

it seems to me that Bran cannot change time. whatever happened has happened and there are no multiverses/alternate timelines he creates by going to the past.

what's weird about his visits are that he's both there and not there. he yells "father!" and ned turns around because he was there, he visits a second time and ned turns around like he did signifying his first visit but Bran doesn't react, as if he forgot that the reason Ned turned around was coz of him...so he was there but his presence was erased.

what I do wonder though is can Bran bring people along to his visions like a pensieve?
This show does what the walking dead hasn't been able to do for seasons.. Write meaningful and worthwhile dialogue/events that work for the characters and story.

This was one of the best set up episodes they've ever done, imo.
the walking dead also has an overarching reliance on cliffhangers and filler. at this point there's not much the walking dead gets right in my opinion.

I wonder if

No.

They are doing a closed time loop, so what ever happens already was meant to happen. Meaning if he was going to change anything in a meaningful way it already would have been done.

Venture

I wonder if
I don't think so and I hope not. It gave an us explanation for Hodor and served as a warning to Bran. That's enough.

I don't think so and I hope not. It gave an us explanation for Hodor and served as a warning to Bran. That's enough.
The Hodor origin should be a good enough indication to Bran that he should not try to change the past. So I hope all those fan theories about him turning the mad king mad are completely wrong.

The Hodor origin should be a good enough indication to Bran that he should not try to change the past. So I hope all those fan theories about him turning the mad king mad are completely wrong.

They are, if not for the simplest answer.....we dont have the time for that. Only 12 episodes to wrap it up.

redfox088

Banned
No.

They are doing a closed time loop, so what ever happens already was meant to happen. Meaning if he was going to change anything in a meaningful way it already would have been done.
Yes but it will be something he has to do...he had to warg into the past when the night king attacked bloodravens cave...he had to warg into hodor in the past... the whole point of that sequence was to demonstrate that he is actually traveling in time not projecting visions of the past. He could have warmed into hordor in the present but was intentionally positioned to do it in the past. This was the ravens last lesson. Bran will warg into the past to manipulate it in some fasion. No doubt in my mind.

Yes but it will be something he has to do...he had to warg into the past when the night king attacked bloodravens cave...he had to warg into hodor in the past... the whole point of that sequence was to demonstrate that he is actually traveling in time not projecting visions of the past. He could have warmed into hordor in the present but was intentionally positioned to do it in the past. This was the ravens last lesson. Bran will warg into the past to manipulate it in some fasion. No doubt in my mind.

No because he would have just warged into a more pivotal point in time and averted every issue in the show.

redfox088

Banned
I think Bran will have to go in the past and confront the night king while jon/Dany confront him in the present. Bran battles the Nights king mentally, while Jon and the gang battles him physically...shot simultaneously!

redfox088

Banned
No because he would have just warged into a more pivotal point in time and averted every issue in the show.
And arya can just be wear any face and kill any person, and mages of the red faith can revive anyone, and bran could use his vision to tell all the secrets in westeros, the eagles should have just flown them to mordor . suspension of disbelief must be applied here....

Elandyll

Banned
Been wanting for Jon and Dany to meet since forever. Obviously they never had a scene together till now.

I bet you they end next ep with Jon in front of Dragonstone saying "Well, let's go meet The Queen of Dragons, shall we?"

Cut to black.

I'll be all

giphy.gif

And arya can just be wear any face and kill any person, and mages of the red faith can revive anyone, and bran could use his vision to tell all the secrets in westeros, the eagles should have just flown them to mordor . suspension of disbelief must be applied here....

She could but it would take a long time and she has a set list.

Its not anyone the lord of light brings back, only certain people.

And the point of Hodor being that way his whole life shows that Bran doesnt change anything because he would have gone back and told himself dont grab the tree when you're still in training.

Venture

I think Bran will have to go in the past and confront the night king while jon/Dany confront him in the present. Bran battles the Nights king mentally, while Jon and the gang battles him physically...shot simultaneously!
I could see something like that happening. We've already seen the two of them interact in the vision world.

They are, if not for the simplest answer.....we dont have the time for that. Only 12 episodes to wrap it up.

yeah this was supposed to be the final season but it's better that they are showing us more.
Been wanting for Jon and Dany to meet since forever. Obviously they never had a scene together till now.

I bet you they end next ep with Jon in front of Dragonstone saying "Well, let's go meet The Queen of Dragons, shall we?"

Cut to black.

I'll be all

giphy.gif
oh man i'll be tight if episode 2 ends with him landing on dragonstone but not meeting Dany. It'll be okay if he says his piece in Winterfell and departs and we don't see him again till episode 3, but if it starts then ends with him on dragonstone then wtf.

Pagusas

Elden Member

That's not how closed time loops work. I do think brad will get stuck in the past though, too many times he was told "if you don't come back you'll be stuck". No reason for that narritively except to establish he'll get stuck. Bran the builder theory.

Venture

Not in the past though. It could happen in the present, but if it was something done in the past it would have been in effect since season 1 episode 1.
I mean Bran and current Night King could probably battle in the past. Maybe some side effect of their fight would be shown to have been the "cause" of something in the present timeline.

yeah this was supposed to be the final season but it's better that they are showing us more.

oh man i'll be tight if episode 2 ends with him landing on dragonstone but not meeting Dany. It'll be okay if he says his piece in Winterfell and departs and we don't see him again till episode 3, but if it starts then ends with him on dragonstone then wtf.

Odds are he leaves on episode 2 and arrives on 3.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Him doing the same thing to the Bolton/Stark army?

"Damn I knew I should have burned them."
Man now I really want to see a battle between two armies, and with the battle almost won but at a heavy cost, suddenly the dead rise back-up.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

He needs to leave by scene #1 and be there by the mid way point of the episode. I can't wait two episodes for them to meet. I will lose my shit if they end episode two the exact same way they ended episode one, but they just swap Dany for Jon.

He needs to leave by scene #1 and be there by the mid way point of the episode. I can't wait two episodes for them to meet. I will lose my shit if they end episode two the exact same way they ended episode one, but they just swap Dany for Jon.

Well going off the preview and the comic con trailer
She will have her hands full next episode.

Nameless

The ships Stannis lent Jon are at Eastwatch, which is where Tormund is heading and now the Brotherhood after Hound's vision. Shit's obviously going down there, plus the Bran reunion still has to happen. I say episode 4 at the very earliest.

nubbe

Cut to black.

I'll be all

giphy.gif

I'd don't expect them to meet until S8
All the trailers make the 7 episodes look really packed with just fighting Cersei
Ep7 is going to end with them just looking at each other

Heshinsi

The ships Stannis lent Jon are at Eastwatch, which is where Tormund is heading and now the Brotherhood after Hound's vision. Shit's obviously going down there, plus the Bran reunion still has to happen. I say episode 4 at the very earliest.

Those can't be the only ships available in the entire Northern realm. I mean they were able to get to and from Bear Island, and I'm sure they weren't swimming there :p

Nameless

Those can't be the only ships available in the entire Northern realm. I mean they were able to get to and from Bear Island, and I'm sure they weren't swimming there :p

I'd have to check a map but White Harbor is the major port in the North and then there's Eastwatch and Bear Island. Aside from that it's mostly those small fishing villages Prince Theon was sent to raid in S2. To my knowledge Northmen have never been known to hold a massive Navy.

Comic con trailer was for the next 2 episodes, its happening next week

And I bet the Bran reunion isn't happening this season.

Heshinsi

White Harbor is a trading city. They have loads.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Didn't know of White Harbour, so I used Bear Island in my example.
I'd have to check a map but White Harbor is the major port in the North and then there's Eastwatch and Bear Island. Aside from that it's mostly those small fishing villages Prince Theon was sent to raid in S2. To my knowledge Northmen have never been known to hold a massive Navy.

Jon doesn't need a navy to come say "hi" to Dany.

Nameless

This is exactly what I was thinking. Didn't know of White Harbour, so I used Bear Island in my example.

Jon doesn't need a navy to come say "hi" to Dany.

No, but he needs a decent fleet if he's going to mine and transport Dragonglass. The ships he used to rescue 3000-4000 Wildlings would be perfect.

I think going by scenes in the trailers and officially released photos,
all we will see of Jon Snow in episode 2 is another northern lords meeting, him in the crypts,
and him leaving.

Then in episode 3 he makes it to dragonstone. That's my prediction. But I'd love for you to to be right instead and he leaves and makes it all in 1 episode. I can't stand how long the wait is for them to meet each other.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I don't get why they don't release the pilot on a Blu-ray release or something. It'd be cool to see the terrible pilot they all say it was, it's not like they make a secret about it being bad.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
One of the funny things about the pilot is that people who watched it didn't really pick up on the fact that Cersei and Jaime were brother and sister. So the reveal at the end didn't really have as much of an affect as it should have had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom