• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steejee

Yeah wtf. This was way easier than it should've been. Yara's fleet just crumbled.

Yara only had a partial fleet though - part was going to take the Unsullied around to Casterly Rock, Yara was just heading to Dorne to gather their army. This would have been before they had the Dorne army.

An ambush by Euron in the middle of the night with the fleet he had (which would be larger than what Yara would have) combined with whatever magic he was tossing out for that lightning/giant fireballs would wreck Yara's fleet, so it all works.

Yes, finally more Sand Snakes.

*Annnnnnnd they're dead.*

e31.jpg

royalan

Yo...

They ran off with the Iron Islands' best ships.

They had DORNE'S army with them.

And they got wiped out just like that?

I'm not even mad about Reek. It strains belief that they would get caught off guard and decimented just. like. that.

Also, I didn't like the Sand Snakes either...but weren't they supposed to be highly trained, specialized warriors? They got taken out by grunts.

Can't wait to see what happened with Sam and Jorah.

It'll either be Jorah is cured or the pain was so bad he pretty much goes into shock and just dies.

Did this episode have a different director or editor or something? There were several pretty smooth visual transitions that seemed new - going from Jorah to that bowl of soup, Missandei's hand reaching for the bed to someone reaching for a book, etc. Simple stuff but it was pulled off well.

sibarraz

Banned
I really wanted to see Theon saying "reek" before jumping.

Did Yara die or Euron took her with him?

Also, I love how at the beggining of the seasons, the Lanister looked the weakest from all the series, but between this victory and the giant ballesta, they seem to be as powerful as ever

Honestly I was expecting Yara to give him the >.> >.> eyes to queue the jump up.

I think it's more fucked that she expected him to get himself captured trying to save her. It's their culture though to be brave to a fault though so can't blame her.

Under those conditions though, Theon is better off fighting another day.

Wow gotdamn

Sand sisters dead
Yara dead
Ellaria captured will probably be tortured to death
Littlefinger will try to screw over Jon Snow
Arya will miss Jon Snow...no grand start reunion
Olenna will be doublecrossed by Tarly

This episode had all the good guys losing.

I still believe Theon will redeem himself.......

same here, honestly i think he had a plan in his mind of just believing Euron will spare her, so he will come back for her...if he tried going for her, surely enough he would've got killed & she would've got. If somehow he managed to kill Euron and save Yara, there's still the whole Greyjoy army all around him.
That was the entire dorne army right?
and the entire faction-Greyjoy armada

Jarmel

Banned
Did this episode have a different director or editor or something? There were several pretty smooth visual transitions that seemed new - going from Jorah to that bowl of soup, Missandei's hand reaching for the bed to someone reaching for a book, etc. Simple stuff but it was pulled off well.
But that battle at the end was a complete mess from an editing standpoint.

Kusagari

Dany's strategy from Tyrion is going to take some L's, she's going to listen to Olenna and that will lead to even worse fuck ups because Olenna only cares about revenge.

What was the point of the Arya scene with the wolves?? Does it have a deeper meaning?

I think it was to show that a lot of time has passed, the wolf represents her family/what she knew when she last saw her home.

Everything is different, it was a wake up call that when she get's home nothing is going to be what it was, and while she might recognize and have those memories of the past, everyone else has grown past those and are completely different people now.

It shows that there are still parts of old Arya that she is clearly suppressing, and why she was never "no one".

Volimar

What was the point of the Arya scene with the wolves?? Does it have a deeper meaning?

Yes. It calls back to when her father told her what kind of Lady she could be when she grew up and she told him "That's not me". So when she offered Nymeria to come back to Winterfell with her and she left, she knew it was because "it's not you".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom