• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly refreshing to see Danny taking some losses for once, thinks are going to get bad then cured Jorah will show up.

Really loved Arya this episode, her scene with Hot Pie was both heartwarming (when she learns Jon has taken back Winterfell) and hilarious (She's cooked 1 or 2 pies eh? LOL) and the Nymeria scene was more confusing then I hopped but I think its setting up for something later on.

The ship battle had some issues but was certainly nice to see the Sand snakes fall.

The Nymeria scene was implying that Arya has changed and she sensed it. Arya saying the same thing is meant to be a reflection on herself.

All that killing and hardening has had an effect and Arya might be the last to notice. They played on that with the scene where she talked to hotpie.

DavidDesu

My internet died at the scene with Arya and the wolves, just as something came up behind her. Internet resumed right at the last shot and her speaking to someone... what happened???

Pretty dope battle sequence though. Don't believe we've had a ship battle like that on thrones before.

I have to again say, that escalated quickly.

Kaizer

Banned
While I fully expected Euron was gonna kill the Sandsnakes after last episode, I'm still sad they're gone because they were cool & hot. 😔😔😔

Barzul

So was Dorne's army on the boats? No way he wiped off the entire Dornish army. Even with his Varlyrian voodoo I just can't see it.

Volimar

Honestly refreshing to see Danny taking some losses for once, thinks are going to get bad then cured Jorah will show up.

Really loved Arya this episode, her scene with Hot Pie was both heartwarming (when she learns Jon has taken back Winterfell) and hilarious (She's cooked 1 or 2 pies eh? LOL) and the Nymeria scene was more confusing then I hopped but I think its setting up for something later on.

The ship battle had some issues but was certainly nice to see the Sand snakes fall.

The look she gave him when Hot Pie said they were alike in that they were both survivors, I busted out laughing.

Yes. It calls back to when her father told her what kind of Lady she could be when she grew up and she told him "That's not me". So when she offered Nymeria to come back to Winterfell with her and she left, she knew it was because "it's not you".

Yeah, that's what I got from it as well.

Like Nymeria is a wild animal, she doesn't belong behind walls.

I really like the Theon/Reek scene. It shows how complex his personality is. I couldn't care less about his lesbo sister. So Cersei can feed her to zombie mountain or whatever.

Cersei: "Muahahaha, we killed the Sand Snakes and have Ellaria captive, whatcha gonna do now?"

Dany and friends: "Oh...how terrible." *goes about business as planned*

I think the writers took everyone's hate of the sand snakes to heart.

Had people liked them more, they probably would have written them as the heroes.

I honestly think the writers have the fan's desires in mind, from here on out. Whether that's good or not, who knows.

It would have been a great moment for them to have teamed up to kill Euron. Oh well.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh baby, that battle.

Khaleesi was getting a bit mad queeny there with Varys interrogation, but, I get where she's coming from. How can to trust a person that keeps betraying his kings? As the audience, we're pretty sure he won't do that, since we know he's a good guy, but Khaleesi isn't really privy to that information, so to her he seems like he might just be a person who jump ships whenever things get hairy. Seems like they worked it out, though.

Just when Jon thought he was safe to die, Meli comes back into the picture. It's gonna cause some issues once Davos arrives and finds her there.

I was sure Dragonglass was going to be a part of the dragonscale disease, but the actual method seems way more painful. I bet that scene 'cause a lot of squeamish people to look away. I can't imagine Jorah goes through all of that and doesn't come out being cured, or maybe he does, but it feels like he'll be good now.

Hot Pie! Good to see him again, really liked his reunion with Arya, especially with the ending scene where she decides to go to Winterfell now that she found out the Boltons are dead.

I'm wondering what actually happened in that Nymeria scene, it obviously felt like it actually was her, and her not going with Arya makes it feel like Arya has changed so much, not just physically, but emotionally that Nymeria didn't even recognize her. It also mirrors it a bit with the Hot Pie scene, where he was really happy to see her, and she was kinda just there almost zoned out. It's almost like she didn't care all that much that she was seeing an old friend again. The scene does end with Arya saying it wasn't Nymeria, so, I'm not sure if that was her lying to herself. Great scene, though, it made me tear up a bit, great acting by Maisie Williams.

Greyworm getting it on.
giphy.gif

It's kinda sad that Jon going to talk to Dany is tense not because he will talk to her, but because he is leaving Sansa alone with Littlefinger. I have no doubts he will be safe with Dany but will the North by safe left with Sansa? I'm not too sure.

That last battle scene was fantastic, that's the kind of people that would have normally just been a fade to black so they could've saved the budget for the big battle later on. It was huge, full of spectacle, and with a lot of ramifications. Now Dany's plan to take King's Landing just took a massive hit from losing Dorne and the Greyjoys, now only the Tyrells are left and that's not enough to surround King's Landing, especially not from the sea. And with the Unsullied going for Casterly Rock, she has no choice but to use the Dothraki, which will just play into Cersei's hand. This whole plan just went bully up for Dany.

Also, fuck Reek. I can't believe I actually thought he was Theon.

Volimar

can greyworm get an erection and fuck even though he has no testicles?

Unless he's into foreplay, the fact that he went down on her implies that he truly has no pillar as well as no stones. Even though you get the tiniest of shadows when he lays down on top of her, I'm presuming that's the actor's pillar and not Grey Worm's.

TyrantII

What was the point of the Arya scene with the wolves?? Does it have a deeper meaning?

Arya repeats what she said to Ned about her own future. It's coming after she changed her plans to head back to Winterfell, so there's some for shadowing there.

Goodstyle

Team Cersei is the best. How can anyone not root for them?

Cersei
Jaime
Euron
The Mountain
Qyburn

I want them to have all the happiness and success in life.

I really like the Theon/Reek scene. It shows how complex his personality is. I couldn't care less about his lesbo sister. So Cersei can feed her to zombie mountain or whatever.

I thought it was a little too impulsive. Theon just jumping over the side was kind of odd.

If anything he would have knelt down and surrendered.

I'm Grey Worm hater number one. Lucky ass nigga. Least he ain't no Reek though.

It was enough room on that wood for two people, Reek! You a bitch!

Barzul

So guys is Jon right? I know folks will draw the Ned parallels, but I think he's in a very different spot. The threat he's talking about is significantly greater than whatever the Throne wars will bring. And like no one else gets it because except him, the Night's watch and the Wildings, no one else has seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom