• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
People that says this episode was bad must be the same people that says Hodor episode is the best of the series. Can't trust them. (or they just started watching this season).

Steejee

Question about Greyworm...does he not have any parts down there or just castrated? My friend and I couldn't figure it out and from his behavior it seems more like nothing is there.

Well I guess sorta a book spoiler, but there's a line in there about it being everything. I don't know if the show has ever been explicit about it. Regardless if it's twig and berries or just the berries, he wouldn't be able to do much for her with his equipment.

RE: Littlefinger - Sansa's been pretty clear about Littlefinger, and Jon does trust her in the end. He probably knows LF pawned her off on Ramsay, so he certainly has no love for him. Sansa and him were never close, but she's still his sister (well, cousin...).

General timeline thoughts - all told seems like this episode probably covered just a few weeks tops. Ravens would take a few days to get between Dragonstone and Winterfell. We don't know where Euron's ambush was, but I'd guess at least a few days minimum out of Dragonstone, though there might be a bit of a plot hole in that he needs to sail right past Dragonstone to get back to King's Landing, and Dany's fleet should be blockading that whole part... Most everything else in this episode was just conversation that could have been taken place at any point in those few weeks.

TTG

Samwell continues to be the only real good fun this season. Well, Arya is too, but apart from them it's an enormous tease. There has to be more along the way than "let's see how this turns out."

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Couldn't Arya just send a Raven to Jon now? Or to Sansa so she can let Arya know that Jon left and where he's going? Surely there's a Raven service around there. I mean they're basically magic anyway.

Also Hot Pie has it bad for Arya. Poor guy. His reaction when she touched his shoulder.

It makes a lot of sense that Theon would freeze up like that. Mans was tortured like no one else. It's not like he's had therapy either.

Yeah he was definitely having some PTSD flashbacks so I can't really blame him for running. But I still hold out hope he will overcome his problems and rescue Yara. Or become a skilled ruler if Yara is dusted.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
"Hmmm...maybe Theon will finally get to take off his stay fuckin up shirt today"

*watches ending*
Welp....
source.gif

RDreamer

So, like... I don't understand how Yara and Theon got so screwed there. I mean for one, they have the better ships. Even Euron said that. And for two, how shit are they that they're sailing in such a formation that Euron can hit the most important goddamned ship without any freaking warning at all? That's like painfully bad.

Barzul

Even if Sansa did try to betray Jon, to what end? The new northern kingdom is still fragile, anchored by Jon. What is she gonna do side with Cersei? Which of the bannermen would follow? Thinking it through her options are kinda limited.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, like... I don't understand how Yara and Theon got so screwed there. I mean for one, they have the better ships. Even Euron said that. And for two, how shit are they that they're sailing in such a formation that Euron can hit the most important goddamned ship without any freaking warning at all? That's like painfully bad.

He wasn't lying when he was the best in the world.

Volimar

Euron is the best sailor there is.

Steejee

Couldn't Arya just send a Raven to Jon now? Or to Sansa so she can let Arya know that Jon left and where he's going? Surely there's a Raven service around there. I mean they're basically magic anyway.

Also Hot Pie has it bad for Arya. Poor guy. His reaction when she touched his shoulder.

As those Lannister soldiers noted, common folk can't just get ravens. The ravens are basically molded after messenger pigeons, and basically just fly to one place so there's only so many available. She'd be south of the Twins right now, and no one will believe she's Arya Stark anyways. Jon or Sansa would probably be the only two that could actually confirm her identity.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shit writing from D and D.

Veitsev

I see the seeds of betrayal being planted. Sansa's going to love being in charge. She ain't gonna be ready to step aside when Jon gets back, and Littlefinger gonna be whispering in her ear "go on get that power you deserve it Queen!" Then BAM! BETRAYAL. :(

I think that is too obvious and they are setting up some plot development that shows that Jon isn't like his "father" and post revival Jon is much more like a Targaryen. I think the confrontation with Littlefinger was to show how he has changed and was foreshadowing some of the new darkness in him. In that case this Sansa stuff is a bit of a red herring.

Either that and/or the twist will be that Sansa really is much more like Cersei than Littlefinger calculated and has him killed.

TTG

Bruh, be grateful Arya found out at all before murder suiciding Cercei.

bbd23

I was quite triggered how Euron just showed up like that..the fuck

theons response makes sense...still sucks though

BizzyBum

Dammit Theon, just when you were being cool again you fuck it all up. But that was a pretty badass pirate raid, even though lots of the details were sketchy just to advance the plot.

Barzul

Yeah the only explanation is whatever Valyrian voodoo he's got. And that shit needs to get explained. The man is way too OP right now.

PR_rambo

Banned
Euron went around the world doing nothing else but work. He been doing this way longer than his brothers kids

Veitsev

I like that Theon ran away. Obvious thing would have been some ridiculous redemption action scene but those Reek scars won't ever go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom